Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OKCBuff, Aug 24, 2010.
edit: ok. I read part of the article and it looks like we are just calling their bluff.
Are you ****ing kidding me ?
The Pac-10 might really be re-thinking things?
You stop that right now!
This is negotiating 101. You have to prove you are willing to stick with the 2012 plan before we can make any real progress on getting out by 2011. The downside is we may be stuck with Big Tex until 2012, but the upside is we may get out in 2011 for cheaper.
This is likely a smart move by CU.
This may turn out well for the Buffs. This would allow us an extra year to recover from the Hawkins Era. I really don't want to get embarrassed next season in the Pac10.
This is simple negotiation posturing. Unless the Texas-10 really wants us around in 2012, this will be our last year with them.
This is what the poker world calls "a bluff catcher".
Says it all, give us our deal or go f yourselves. The Big 12 doesn't want this to drag out, they just need incentive to break at the negotiating table. Bohn is calling their bluff.
I think we still end up in the Pac in 2011. I bet we'll know for sure when those October meetings happen. Like Daaah and CUFan, I think we're just playing hardball. I don't think the Pac or the Mack want to play with 11 teams and no CG next year. Just you wait and see. By the time October rolls around, this will get cleared up. And for the record, anything about us going back to the Mack10 is BS. Never gonna happen. If for some reason we do end up playing in the Mack11 next year, it will only be for that year and then we'll be in the Pac. I just can't imagine it going any other way.
We want to go to the Pac-12, but the price has to be right.
Big 12 wants us to leave and are in a bigger hurry for that to happen than we are. But they weren't coming off their number if they thought we would leave no matter what.
Get ready for all the spin articles stating that CU can't afford the exit penalties.
Once a private dialog reaches stalemate, then it's time to shed some light in the public arena.
Paging Chip Brown. When will you be leaking those private e-mails?
The thread title should be "Buffs planning to stay in Big 12..." Of course we are planning to do so, until the ink is dry on moving the plans up a year.
Ughh. And here we go.
Would our sticking around another year put a little bit of a roadblock in any sort of new TV deal negotiation the Mack 10 is looking at?
:lol: thats hilarious coming from the bottom of the barrel.
Sweeten the deal and we are gone ! :lol:
This part about two years notice being cheaper is total crap. Anyone with an 8th grade education can do that math. Let's say we get 10 million from the Big 12 every year for this hypothetical. We would be forfeiting a total of 10 million over two years or 8 million over a single year. That's a pretty big difference. Is the camera too cheap to purchase calculators or is Ringo just "intellectually challenged?"
The title of this thread reminds me of the Brett Farve to retire thread. We all know its not true but that is what is being reported.
Should we turn this into a Neg-rep OKCBuff party?
that is what we learn in the 1st grade, but then we move on and learn that money has a cost that has to be factored in. If we pay interest on the extra $$ it can cost more depending on what type of bridge loan we get.
Hey, just passin' along what I read. You think I wanna hang around with these Mack 10 jokers? PASS.
The spread is bigger than that. The Big 12 is maintaining that 2 years notice is a requirement. Therefore, if only 1 year notice is given then it is an 80% reduction for the coming year and the school has to repay 80% of what it got for the previous year. That's the holdup. The Big 12 is telling Nebraska that's the deal. The Corn are in complete disagreement. The Big 12 is, therefore, telling CU that if we decide to leave after 1 year then that's what we would also be held to. Basically, they'd want us to write a check for about $8 million and then take about $8 million less for this year.
to that idea.
So Bohn's plan is to play nice and wait and see who blinks - Nebfuska or the Big 12?
I don't know if he's willing to take that risk. The Big 10 is actually going to help Nebraska with exit fees plus they've got a much larger AD budget, so they're probably in a position to take a worse deal than we are.
But the Nubs are also not going to be willing to be bullied or allow Bevo and the boys to get over on them in this. So it makes a certain sense to allow Nebraska to fight this one out and then decide whether to take the same deal or simply play the 2011 season in the Big 12.
(Or use the Nebraska deal as a baseline and make the "stay in 2011" threat as leverage to get an even better deal. FWIW, I do a lot of negotiations and that's how I'd play it if I was representing CU in this.)
Nebraska is going. Once Nebraska goes, CU is in a better bargaining position 'cause of the 11 team conference deal.
Separate names with a comma.