What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs to have largest Pac 12 crowd ever @ Alamo bowl!

I went to the 2010 Alamo Bowl when OSU played Arizona. My brother went to OSU for a couple of years there. That stadium had to of been 75-80% OSU fans. I've never seen anything like it and showed me how pathetic Arizona football fans really are. OSU travels very well and an easy destination for them. However, it really looks like this is going to be split 50/50 fans. Should be a hell of a time and pissed I can't make it!

okie state is like the safety, safety safety school for texans who don't get into any of their first 3-4 choices for college. they are going to have a ton of fans in the stadium, more than us. i suspect, given the long drought, that we will have a goodly number of fans in attendance, however.

the things people are finding to bitch about right now... let's see. we have a 10 win football teamed ranked in the top 10. we have a top 20 recruiting class coming in. our women's bb team looks fantastic. our men's bb team looks like a tourney team AGAIN after barely ever making the tourney for half a century. and, it is the holidays. things are good.

okie state is like the safety, safety safety school for texans who don't get into any of their first 3-4 choices for college. they are going to have a ton of fans in the stadium, more than us. i suspect, given the long drought, that we will have a goodly number of fans in attendance, however.

the things people are finding to bitch about right now... let's see. we have a 10 win football teamed ranked in the top 10. we have a top 20 recruiting class coming in. our women's bb team looks fantastic. our men's bb team looks like a tourney team AGAIN after barely ever making the tourney for half a century. and, it is the holidays. things are good.
And snow is falling.

And snow is falling.

DOOOOOOMMMM!???!???.

or not.

Like, one guy says he'd prefer USC. The rest actually seem almost reasonable. Are we sure they're a Big 12 team?

I'm surprised you didn't mention the post that was hoping we would put in a good word for them with the PAC12. The one constant is that teams who are in a conference with Texas would rather be in a conference without Texas.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the post that was hoping we would put in a good word for them with the PAC12. The one constant is that teams who are in a conference with Texas would rather be in a conference without Texas.

CU and UT always had an excellent working relationship as conferencemates, fwiw.

CU and UT always had an excellent working relationship as conferencemates, fwiw.

Had we given it time?

CU actually did have a good relationship with them but historically that doesn't hold true for a lot of other schools. Texas has tended to be a bully when they think they can get away with it and it serves their interest.

Arkansas left the SWC to get away from them. aTm left the B12 to get away from them. Miissouri and Nebraska don't exactly miss them even though arguably each would be in a better position had they stayed.

Things like the LHN and uneven distribution of conference media money along with locations for CCGs and BB tourneys all add up.

I can understand it to a degree. Texas is the big draw in their conference, they generate the most money so they feel entitled to have a bigger share of the power but it doesn't always make for the best relations with their conference mates.

Had we given it time?

CU actually did have a good relationship with them but historically that doesn't hold true for a lot of other schools. Texas has tended to be a bully when they think they can get away with it and it serves their interest.

Arkansas left the SWC to get away from them. aTm left the B12 to get away from them. Miissouri and Nebraska don't exactly miss them even though arguably each would be in a better position had they stayed.

Things like the LHN and uneven distribution of conference media money along with locations for CCGs and BB tourneys all add up.

I can understand it to a degree. Texas is the big draw in their conference, they generate the most money so they feel entitled to have a bigger share of the power but it doesn't always make for the best relations with their conference mates.
Supposedly CU liked Texas because they actually had academic integrity and took power away from Oklahoma and Nebraska.

Supposedly CU liked Texas because they actually had academic integrity and took power away from Oklahoma and Nebraska.

I know that UT and CU have a lot of connections on the academic end. A lot of shared or cooperative research and even a good number of faculty with ties to the other school.

So you're saying UT might be a viable candidate for Pac 12 expansion?

Only if In-N-Out Burger franchises in Boulder is part of the deal.

(Will Mac buybburgers for the team from one of the San Antonio locations?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whataburger is decent...ate one in Arlington when I was there. I'm not so sure if that would be a good fit for Colorado though.
There was a What-a-Burger/der Wienerschnitzel on 1st and Union for a long time. Went out of business a few years back and now its a Taco Time or something.

Back