What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs turn attention to Bouldin

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Jeff Bzdelik was one of the first college coaches in the country to discover Matt Bouldin.

"I knew of him when I was at Air Force because he lives right by my house," Bzdelik said Sunday before leaving the tournament later that day to see to his ill mother in Chicago.

But after being named Colorado's high school player of the year as a junior and senior at ThunderRidge, Bouldin decided to leave the state and play for Gonzaga.

"He knew he'd have to get a haircut if he came to Air Force, so he wasn't going to come there. I say that laughingly," Bzdelik said. "I think he's a terrific player and I just wish him well. He's a cagey, smart player who just finds a way to win."

Gonzaga's Matt Bouldin, who hails from Highlands Ranch, is averaging 17.3 points per game this season. The Buffs -- who do not have a player from the Centennial State among their starting five -- will face Bouldin's Bulldogs in the first round of the EA Sports Maui Invitational today at the Lahiana Civic Center (1 p.m., ESPN2).

Bouldin, a strong 2010 John R. Wooden Award candidate, is averaging 17.3 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.3 steals per game. The 6-foot-5 senior, who was not seriously recruited to CU when Ricardo Patton was still the coach, will likely play in four NCAA Tournaments during his college career.

More on Bouldin + some game notes

For some reason I am less hurt when guys leave the state to some destination school, like if they want to play football at Miami or basketball at UCLA or something. I don't understand why they would go to some ****hole like Kansas State or Nebraska.

Back