What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that a factor in Vegas’ projected win total for CU is that we have an extremely difficult schedule with, what, 6 projected top 25 teams?

But in college football it’s almost a guarantee that several of the preseason favorites will disappoint.

I agree with all of this. But, I also know we're probably not sneaking up on TCU at this point and the game is in Ft. Worth. I'm very confident it will be a one score game. I just hope we get some breaks on the road.
I don't believe it will be close.

Mirror images on offense with Briles there and Lewis here.

It's going to come down to talent, QB play, and ability. Colorado just has a lot more of it than TCU.

The defenses on both teams are familiar with the pace and everything I've gathered is TCU will be playing a style of offense similar to when Briles was at Houston.

That's a lot of check downs, WR screens, and baiting to setup the big play. It's not going to be Arkansas which was an efficient clock controlled offense with a lot of motion from the WRs. Maybe some elements of it but it won't be as much.

Based on Dykes reports and Briles reports. It doesn't sound like anyone has emerged as a clear replacement for Miller or Johnston. In fact, they have a true freshman they may start in his place. With Prime's man to man coverage, this is not ideal for Briles offense. He's going to need Morris to make plays with his legs or it could be a long day.

I really don't like TCU chances. This isn't quite as bad as I had their chances against UGA but it's just a bad matchup. This will be a Mano e Mano match. Talent tends to always win in these tug of wars.

It's going to come down to talent, QB play, and ability. Colorado just has a lot more of it than TCU.

The defenses on both teams are familiar with the pace and everything I've gathered is TCU will be playing a style of offense similar to when Briles was at Houston.

That's a lot of check downs, WR screens, and baiting to setup the big play. It's not going to be Arkansas which was an efficient clock controlled offense with a lot of motion from the WRs. Maybe some elements of it but it won't be as much.

Based on Dykes reports and Briles reports. It doesn't sound like anyone has emerged as a clear replacement for Miller or Johnston. In fact, they have a true freshman they may start in his place. With Prime's man to man coverage, this is not ideal for Briles offense. He's going to need Morris to make plays with his legs or it could be a long day.

I really don't like TCU chances. This isn't quite as bad as I had their chances against UGA but it's just a bad matchup. This will be a Mano e Mano match. Talent tends to always win in these tug of wars.
1692023957349.gif

drunk all in GIF

8 at best. And that's only because of the way their schedule shakes out this year.
I think Klatt was the one who was talking about them in his Top 25 rankings the other day (I think he has them at like 21 or something), where he said something along the lines of you don't replace 8 draft picks, including 5 day one or two picks, and one of the day three picks was a Heisman finalist QB, and not take a pretty sizable step back... Unless you're Georgia, Alabama, or Ohio State caliber or program. TCU simply hasn't recruited well enough in HS or the portal to replace that kind of talent and production, not to mention losing their coordinator.

So not only will they not be as talented as last year, but they had so many close games fall their way last year.

I think Klatt was the one who was talking about them in his Top 25 rankings the other day (I think he has them at like 21 or something), where he said something along the lines of you don't replace 8 draft picks, including 5 day one or two picks, and one of the day three picks was a Heisman finalist QB, and not take a pretty sizable step back... Unless you're Georgia, Alabama, or Ohio State caliber or program. TCU simply hasn't recruited well enough in HS or the portal to replace that kind of talent and production, not to mention losing their coordinator.

So not only will they not be as talented as last year, but they had so many close games fall their way last year.
And so many close games where Duggan made the difference.

For what’s it’s worth, TCU fans think they will beat CU by five touchdowns. I’m told the players are also highly confident for a blowout win.
TCU fans have no respect for Colorado

Shedeur is trash to them. He might as well be Brandon Lewis 2.0. Morris game against Baylor>>> Shedeur at Jackson (career) to their fanbase. Don't tell them to watch the film because they won't

They think the OL is trash. Everyone from G5 or lower and the one returning player is from a trash OL even though the OL last year wasn't trash and there are two returnees and one was all Freshman PFF and the other is likely to have a breakthrough year in Tank.

The WRs are all from G5 or lower. No respect for them. They don't care about the recruits. They also think all of the WRs are 175 or smaller

They don't even know even one of the RBs.

They could care less about the defense.

As far as they are concerned, this is the same Colorado as last year, just a different stink, a Prime one.

I've been on their 24/7, listened to their LockedOn pods, and just about everything I could get my hands on. They really think the spring team is what they will see. Even the ones who watch WO is like, this ain't real. They aren't doing that to us. It's basic delusion.

That said, I don't expect it to be any other way with them. The reality check will be the worst experience ever for their fanbase.

I told myself I was going to be patient this time around...my patience bag is empty.
I've seen enough videos to let fly...totally agree with your assessment of this game.
This Buff team is near night and day different in many ways as you mention from last year.
The obvious is team speed on both sides of the ball
As a team they're more cohesive leaders are emerging where there were none last year.
Important to see is what CP will do with a lead, we've all seen what happens when a coach takes his foot off the gas. The game today you can't be ahead enough with in reason.
I make my koolaid with a little more sugar...CU 3-0 and ranked in the top 25-30

TCU fans have no respect for Colorado

Shedeur is trash to them. He might as well be Brandon Lewis 2.0. Morris game against Baylor>>> Shedeur at Jackson (career) to their fanbase. Don't tell them to watch the film because they won't

They think the OL is trash. Everyone from G5 or lower and the one returning player is from a trash OL even though the OL last year wasn't trash and there are two returnees and one was all Freshman PFF and the other is likely to have a breakthrough year in Tank.

The WRs are all from G5 or lower. No respect for them. They don't care about the recruits. They also think all of the WRs are 175 or smaller

They don't even know even one of the RBs.

They could care less about the defense.

As far as they are concerned, this is the same Colorado as last year, just a different stink, a Prime one.

I've been on their 24/7, listened to their LockedOn pods, and just about everything I could get my hands on. They really think the spring team is what they will see. Even the ones who watch WO is like, this ain't real. They aren't doing that to us. It's basic delusion.

That said, I don't expect it to be any other way with them. The reality check will be the worst experience ever for their fanbase.
I'll add TCU people think that CU is the same pig only with lipstick.
I'm not going to the game, my luck I'd get a seat next to the wrong person or a kid....I'd give no quarter
I can't wait to see the 24 schedule, fingers crossed a combination of @Houston, @TT, @UCF

We aren’t sneaking up on anyone simply because of the hype machine. In fact, I’d bet most programs have our game circled for the sole reason that they want to shut us up.

The difference is that teams can scout the individual players like Shedeur, Travis, Shilo, Woods, Dominek, Horn, Weaver, etc and scout Lewis’ offense and Kelly’s defense, but none of it really matter because nobody really knows what we’re going to put out there.
On the other side of it though, if you’re a teenage / 21 yr old college player, you may also be buying into the hate hype and not taking CU seriously.

Have you taken culture into account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back