What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TCU thinks Hunter will wilt in the Texas heat.

lobofrog
Posted on 16 hrs, V I P, User Since 121 months ago, User Post Count: 3592
  • 16 hrsVIP
  • 121 months
Travis Hunter playing both ways. Right. He’ll leave Texas in a box.

Long range forecast calls for a high of 104 that day. Unfortunately, snap count management and depth is going to matter in that game for both teams.

Here’s hoping we get out in front early.
104? A suite would be sweet.

Yes, but not in Ft. Worth. It will be blistering hot on game day.

Damn, if I had known you were the meteorological Nostradamus I would ask you for all my future plans outdoors.

Avg temp in DFW on 9/2 is 92F. My long range forecast app show a high of 94F, with a 70% chance of rain. Highlander's weather app of choice says 104F. But boy am I glad we have Big Jim on our side to tell us what the weather will be. You should let Coach Prime know to plan accordingly.

Putting any stock in a weather forecast over 3 days away is just plain stupid. It will be warm, probably hot, and humid. Shocking fall weather in Texas...

I don't believe it will be close.

Mirror images on offense with Briles there and Lewis here.

It's going to come down to talent, QB play, and ability. Colorado just has a lot more of it than TCU.

The defenses on both teams are familiar with the pace and everything I've gathered is TCU will be playing a style of offense similar to when Briles was at Houston.

That's a lot of check downs, WR screens, and baiting to setup the big play. It's not going to be Arkansas which was an efficient clock controlled offense with a lot of motion from the WRs. Maybe some elements of it but it won't be as much.

Based on Dykes reports and Briles reports. It doesn't sound like anyone has emerged as a clear replacement for Miller or Johnston. In fact, they have a true freshman they may start in his place. With Prime's man to man coverage, this is not ideal for Briles offense. He's going to need Morris to make plays with his legs or it could be a long day.

I really don't like TCU chances. This isn't quite as bad as I had their chances against UGA but it's just a bad matchup. This will be a Mano e Mano match. Talent tends to always win in these tug of wars.
1692115516936.gif

Damn, if I had known you were the meteorological Nostradamus I would ask you for all my future plans outdoors.

Avg temp in DFW on 9/2 is 92F. My long range forecast app show a high of 94F, with a 70% chance of rain. Highlander's weather app of choice says 104F. But boy am I glad we have Big Jim on our side to tell us what the weather will be. You should let Coach Prime know to plan accordingly.

Putting any stock in a weather forecast over 3 days away is just plain stupid. It will be warm, probably hot, and humid. Shocking fall weather in Texas...

For a noon football game.

92 = blistering hot
94 = blistering hot
104 = blistering hot

Honestly sorry I hit a sensitive spot.

Anyone get parking passes or know the best tailgate areas? Have a group of 9 going, bringing the tailgate heat but am wondering which lot(s) are the best bet to overpay for a pass at? Any familiar with TCU gameday experience please chime in and I'll give you a beer on gameday.

Long range forecast calls for a high of 104 that day. Unfortunately, snap count management and depth is going to matter in that game for both teams.

Here’s hoping we get out in front early.
I’d say hunter is more important on D later in the game…in this particular game.

No. 17 TCU

Opener: vs. Colorado, Sept. 2.

Reality check: The Horned Frogs had close game magic on the way to the national championship game, something that is traditionally hard to recreate. Everybody is expecting substantial regression. No Power Five team to reach the playoff has ever been ranked this low the next season. There is a chance even this ranking is too optimistic.

Animated GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back