What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not like the 12:00 EDT start time for any team that is west of the central time zone. I don't think it is right to do that. I know that we are playing in the central time zone, but this is really a morning kickoff for the Buffs.

The kNu time slot is even worse because it is home.

TV sucks.

TV pays the bills.

Going back to the days that one or two games a season were on TV would suck.

Six days out from the first game in the Coach Prime era. The clouds have parted, winter is no longer here, there is REAL hope and excitement for CU football for the first time in 22 years.

And yet the focus on the boards by many is whining about the uniforms the might be worn, whining about CU getting screwed on the kickoff time because Fox had the nerve to use the CU game in the #1 game time slot, whining about how a player was utilized 10 years ago, ****ing whining, whining, whining.

I for one am excited and nervous about the game at TCU on Saturday. This is the first time I have been nervous for a CU game in over 10 years and it’s wonderful.

I don’t care which uniforms CU wears on Saturday. I don’t care what time the game kicks off. I’m just so derned happy that the Coach Prime era kicks off in six days!

If you just want to watch the game, I’d imagine the student lounges in the dormitory would have it. Its been a while for most of us, but there would usually be a small group watching the away games.

You can also go to various establishmeats around town and order food and non alcoholic drinks.
Why in the world would you order non alcoholic drinks while watching CU? watching them has giving me the worst hangovers.

Why in the world would you order non alcoholic drinks while watching CU? watching them has giving me the worst hangovers.
ummm.. she ( @jaybird ) is under 21 and doesn't want to drink (pretty admirable in this day and age).

Secondly, we are in a new era of CU football that has ZERO bearing on our history so maybe fans would like to see a game without being under the influence (although Liver want's to get plowed in Ft. Worth- he gonna need a new Liver soon.)

ummm.. she ( @jaybird ) is under 21 and doesn't want to drink (pretty admirable in this day and age).

Secondly, we are in a new era of CU football that has ZERO bearing on our history so maybe fans would like to see a game without being under the influence (although Liver want's to get plowed in Ft. Worth- he gonna need a new Liver soon.)
So Liver is a bottom?

Six days out from the first game in the Coach Prime era. The clouds have parted, winter is no longer here, there is REAL hope and excitement for CU football for the first time in 22 years.

And yet the focus on the boards by many is whining about the uniforms the might be worn, whining about CU getting screwed on the kickoff time because Fox had the nerve to use the CU game in the #1 game time slot, whining about how a player was utilized 10 years ago, ****ing whining, whining, whining.

I for one am excited and nervous about the game at TCU on Saturday. This is the first time I have been nervous for a CU game in over 10 years and it’s wonderful.

I don’t care which uniforms CU wears on Saturday. I don’t care what time the game kicks off. I’m just so derned happy that the Coach Prime era kicks off in six days!
And don’t forget the whining about the whining!

I believe it’s Jaybird’s daughter since they posted about dropping a kid off at CU, just saying.

I believe it’s Jaybird’s daughter since they posted about dropping a kid off at CU, just saying.
ummm.. she ( @jaybird 's DAUGHTER ) is under 21 and doesn't want to drink (pretty admirable in this day and age- or her dad is just being optimistic).

FIFM!!!

Not sure any of that is the case. It seems to be more of - we are all talking about anything and everything fit the first time in a long time.

I actually never drink until the CU game for the day is over.

I tend to prefer the earlier kick offs. Those 9pm centrals suuuuuck.

I actually never drink until the CU game for the day is over.

I tend to prefer the earlier kick offs. Those 9pm centrals suuuuuck.
I have been done drinking during CU games since the hangovers started lasting for 3 days in my 30's.

I want to watch football now. Drinking had its purpose and now I have mine.

I feel great for the people that can still drink and enjoy a game... I can no longer drink and enjoy the game. It is one or the other for me now.

Weather app now showing a high of 103 in Ft Worth on 9/2. Might be about 96 at kickoff time. Uncomfortable but not as bad as it could have been.

I have been done drinking during CU games since the hangovers started lasting for 3 days in my 30's.

I want to watch football now. Drinking had its purpose and now I have mine.

I feel great for the people that can still drink and enjoy a game... I can no longer drink and enjoy the game. It is one or the other for me now.
It’s a superstition for me. In full disclosure, I didn’t watch any CU games last year (wasn’t about to pay to get the p12 network for what I knew was going to be train wreck), and I drank through them for the past couple years bc I didn’t think it’d make a difference; except 2020 because I was trying to get “Covid jacked” and 2016 because I was deployed the entire season and I couldn’t drink on the boat.

Hmmm, my bad. Sorry Buffs.

It’s a superstition for me. In full disclosure, I didn’t watch any CU games last year (wasn’t about to pay to get the p12 network for what I knew was going to be train wreck), and I drank through them for the past couple years bc I didn’t think it’d make a difference; except 2020 because I was trying to get “Covid jacked” and 2016 because I was deployed the entire season and I couldn’t drink on the boat.

Absolved. We didnt really play football the last few years.

Just for clarity, I'm a dad of a daughter that just wants to give her safe advice. She has said she doesn't want to go to Greek houses, and when I mentioned dark horse, she was the one that said it's a bar. I told her to check out the memorial center, where they have bowling and billiards, cause she said they have tvs and food there. So I assume they will have the game.

I want to thank you all, but didn't want ya thinking I'm an 18 year old female freshman! 😁

Just for clarity, I'm a dad of a daughter that just wants to give her safe advice. She has said she doesn't want to go to Greek houses, and when I mentioned dark horse, she was the one that said it's a bar. I told her to check out the memorial center, where they have bowling and billiards, cause she said they have tvs and food there. So I assume they will have the game.

I want to thank you all, but didn't want ya thinking I'm an 18 year old female freshman! 😁
There are plenty of family type establishments that will be playing the game and won’t be rowdy. If she’s not into the Dark Horse or one of the bars on Pearl, there’s always BJs which is just a restaurant.

Shorter jaybird: stop with the DMs, creeps

UMC and dorm common areas good first timer dry options I’d think #girldads

watching them has giving me the worst hangovers.
GIF by Giphy QA

I’m thinking no matter what, I take the ball first to start the game. Nothing would put this program in a funk like TCU touchdown right off the bat. Not saying it would happen, but if it did, it would be tragic.

I’m thinking no matter what, I take the ball first to start the game. Nothing would put this program in a funk like TCU touchdown right off the bat. Not saying it would happen, but if it did, it would be tragic.
One score and we're in a funk? Is that the kind of weak ass mentality you think this team will have? I don't know if you heard, but we changed the coaching staff this year.

Oh, and the roster.

I really do not like the 12:00 EDT start time for any team that is west of the central time zone. I don't think it is right to do that. I know that we are playing in the central time zone, but this is really a morning kickoff for the Buffs.

The kNu time slot is even worse because it is home.

TV sucks.
More importantly, what's the barometric pressure going to be? If the UV rating is over 6.2, I don't like CU's chances. And don't get me started on a south-easterly wind. DOOMED.

Listen asshole, no one likes a braggart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back