What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the hell are you blathering about? You can’t argue it’s the “greatest job in sports” when they guy who has that job aspires to a different job.
He aspired, the league said no, he followed it to its rightful conclusion. He still played football, just in a role that was what it was. Ask Klatt, Cody, Sefo, Montez if they would be happy being Chase Daniel?

Tier 12b: Probably worse than everyone thinks (one team)
Colorado

The Buffs have the feel of a Silicon Valley start-up: tons of exposure; a promise to disrupt the whole college football system; a self-styled savant leading the charge; and in two or three years, we'll learn there was never a chance of it turning a profit. In both cases, we'll be left with little more than a reasonably entertaining Netflix documentary to show for it. At least Colorado has done us the favor of scheduling TCU, Oregon and USC in the first month, so the hype can only last so long.
**** you ESPN. Garbage website

He aspired, the league said no, he followed it to its rightful conclusion. He still played football, just in a role that was what it was. Ask Klatt, Cody, Sefo, Montez if they would be happy being Chase Daniel?
Being content with the job is a far cry from “greatest job in sports” which were your words.

The biggest gaps I see between TCU fans and Colorado fans.

TCU fans

1. Coaching- Prime and his staff might as well be amateur hour at the Apollo. Don't know what you gonna get. Whereas Sonny who recently won NCOY is goated to them. While I don't have any issues with them feeling that way about Dykes, agree or not, he's been elite for them so far. But Prime been special at JSU and he's changed the culture at CU. While I'll give Dykes the clear edge, CU staff is better than TCU who just lost an offensive guru in Garrett Riley. The rest of their coaches are meh and while Briles is productive, he's not exactly great at his job.

2. 2 - Sanders has improved to them this week compared to previous weeks where he was ass to them but now he's just a mid QB from the SWAC. They really have no ****ing clue.

3. Trenches - TCU fans really think they got the 90s Cowboys in the trenches. In reality, they have a good OL. Two proven players who their coaches think will be studs this year. A underrated transfer from JSU in Willis Patrick who I wanted at CU. Their coaches feel they are 8 deep. 5 others not mention being decent at worse. That's a really deep OL compared to the rest of the nation. They are also the largest OL in the nation.

CU probably has the best draft prospect potentially in Tank. Van Wells has NFL upside. Savion is like Josh Newton was for them last year. Productive G5 guy who could make a major jump. Obviously Wiley, Beebe, and Bailey are just decent players with a mean streak and high Football IQ. Not gonna make people scared but they aren't scrubs. They are just as productive as the guys TCU expects to play on the OL. CU as the tallest starting tackles averaging 6'8.5. This is not a bad line. They may have some athletic issues with the guards but they have a lot of experience and football IQ to make up for it.

Defensively, Damonic might as well be Suh to these fools when he's like a poor man's Bear Alexander. A less talent flash guy with upside. Whereas, who's Cokes. Who's Payne. Who's Bishop Thomas. Who's Domminick and many of these defensive players were also recruited by TCU but they couldn't land them. I bet if Cokes was on TCU, they wouldn't stop raving about him. They just don't know. That's the biggest thing. Are CU trenches great, no. Is it going to be in the top 10 at the end of the season, unlikely. But it's not terrible. It's not much worse than TCU offensively and defensively, they are better. Size don't equal ability.

4. We know how nasty Antonio is.
We know how nasty Xavier is
We know how nasty Jimmy is.
We know how nasty Travis is.

These are all studs or potential studs.

To TCU, these are just okay WRs. What we know, they don't and the stats aren't elite for any of the 4 which I will give to TCU.

We also know Gaines, Dawson, Cooper, and Hopkins can really play and Gaines was highly productive at JSU. We know Ellis and Mathis got game too.

This is where we differ. This isn't just our best room, but this room has four NFL day 1 or 2 WRs within the next two draft classes. They just don't know.

5. Depth - TCU has more depth. That's a fact. Their coaches believe their depth is 2.5 deep when last year it was 2 to 1.5 depending on the position. This year's CU are 2.5 to 1 depending on the position. Obviously the gap between our tackles to our backups is massive. But safeties, WRs, RBs, and ST is stacked. Depth could be a major issue for CU if injuries happen but for now, they good

Last edited:
Wow. That felt malicious. I can understand not thinking we’ll be very good this year, but how can anyone suggest it’s definitely not going to work over the next 2-3 years?
It seems that while people really really enjoy CP, there are just as much that don’t enjoy Prime. The writers and analysts seem to be staying firmly planted in the skeptic/naysayer (kiddie) pool. Regardless of video coverage since the Prime era began, and the videos of the 2021 and 2022 Buffs rosters and staff.

The closer the season gets, the more outright nasty they are getting. They just need to shut the **** up. Don’t have anything more to say than “they were 1-11 last year” (so…that team and staff was blown up last winter and spring) “the transfer-ins are this or that and not competitive in the PAC12” (says who, you - “dip**** pen-pushing number cruncher”?). “The Buffs have nooo depth…”

Let the kids play and reserve your “expert” opinions for your dog, if they even like you at this point…

It seems that while people really really enjoy CP, there are just as much that don’t enjoy Prime. The writers and analysts seem to be staying firmly planted in the skeptic/naysayer (kiddie) pool. Regardless of video coverage since the Prime era began, and the videos of the 2021 and 2022 Buffs rosters and staff.

The closer the season gets, the more outright nasty they are getting. They just need to shut the **** up. Don’t have anything more to say than “they were 1-11 last year” (so…that team and staff was blown up last winter and spring) “the transfer-ins are this or that and not competitive in the PAC12” (says who, you - “dip**** pen-pushing number cruncher”?). “The Buffs have nooo depth…”

Let the kids play and reserve your “expert” opinions for your dog, if they even like you at this point…
But that doesn't generate them clicks.

Saying that cu will be bad right now generates them more clicks than saying cu will be good. If(hopefully when) cu starts putting 1s in the W column, the writers will change their tune.

Less than 70 hours to game time!

Being content with the job is a far cry from “greatest job in sports” which were your words.
The term "Best or Greatest Job in Sports" comes from years of football commentating... Just a topic for discussion and debate, I think I am not winning you over. :unsure:

Just listened to Nate and Andy interview TCU former player and current color analyst Landry Burdine. He was polite but sounded extremely confident.

The term "Best or Greatest Job in Sports" comes from years of football commentating... Just a topic for discussion and debate, I think I am not winning you over. :unsure:

It’s clickbait because making a ton of money without having to put your body at risk by actually playing sounds like a great job to couch jockeys who read this stuff. If every backup QB in the league would rather be a starter (as I suspect they do), then it cannot be the “greatest job in sports”.

The biggest gaps I see between TCU fans and Colorado fans.

TCU fans

1. Coaching- Prime and his staff might as well be amateur hour at the Apollo. Don't know what you gonna get. Whereas Sonny who recently won NCOY is goated to them. While I don't have any issues with them feeling that way about Dykes, agree or not, he's been elite for them so far. But Prime been special at JSU and he's changed the culture at CU. While I'll give Dykes the clear edge, CU staff is better than TCU who just lost an offensive guru in Garrett Riley. The rest of their coaches are meh and while Briles is productive, he's not exactly great at his job.

2. 2 - Sanders has improved to them this week compared to previous weeks where he was ass to them but now he's just a mid QB from the SWAC. They really have no ****ing clue.

3. Trenches - TCU fans really think they got the 90s Cowboys in the trenches. In reality, they have a good OL. Two proven players who their coaches think will be studs this year. A underrated transfer from JSU in Willis Patrick who I wanted at CU. Their coaches feel they are 8 deep. 5 others not mention being decent at worse. That's a really deep OL compared to the rest of the nation. They are also the largest OL in the nation.

CU probably has the best draft prospect potentially in Tank. Van Wells has NFL upside. Savion is like Josh Newton was for them last year. Productive G5 guy who could make a major jump. Obviously Wiley, Beebe, and Bailey are just decent players with a mean streak and high Football IQ. Not gonna make people scared but they aren't scrubs. They are just as productive as the guys TCU expects to play on the OL. CU as the tallest starting tackles averaging 6'8.5. This is not a bad line. They may have some athletic issues with the guards but they have a lot of experience and football IQ to make up for it.

Defensively, Damonic might as well be Suh to these fools when he's like a poor man's Bear Alexander. A less talent flash guy with upside. Whereas, who's Cokes. Who's Payne. Who's Bishop Thomas. Who's Domminick and many of these defensive players were also recruited by TCU but they couldn't land them. I bet if Cokes was on TCU, they wouldn't stop raving about him. They just don't know. That's the biggest thing. Are CU trenches great, no. Is it going to be in the top 10 at the end of the season, unlikely. But it's not terrible. It's not much worse than TCU offensively and defensively, they are better. Size don't equal ability.

4. We know how nasty Antonio is.
We know how nasty Xavier is
We know how nasty Jimmy is.
We know how nasty Travis is.

These are all studs or potential studs.

To TCU, these are just okay WRs. What we know, they don't and the stats aren't elite for any of the 4 which I will give to TCU.

We also know Gaines, Dawson, Cooper, and Hopkins can really play and Gaines was highly productive at JSU. We know Ellis and Mathis got game too.

This is where we differ. This isn't just our best room, but this room has four NFL day 1 or 2 WRs within the next two draft classes. They just don't know.

5. Depth - TCU has more depth. That's a fact. Their coaches believe their depth is 2.5 deep when last year it was 2 to 1.5 depending on the position. This year's CU are 2.5 to 1 depending on the position. Obviously the gap between our tackles to our backups is massive. But safeties, WRs, RBs, and ST is stacked. Depth could be a major issue for CU if injuries happen but for now, they good
Our deepest rooms:

1. RB - five deep including a national record for this season 3 Doak Walker watch list RBs. No other school has more than 2.

2. WR - three deep. Nine legit players. 2 very talented true freshman. 5 experienced WRs. 2 other WR who are ready to play and are good right now. Both WR cores are 9 deep but CU feels they have 4 studs. TCU doesn't believe they have a stud this year the position.

3. Safeties - 3 deep. 6 good safeties.

4. Edge - 2.5 deep. 5 good players.

5. QB - 1 deep. 1 stud.

6. Star - two deep. Two good stars.

7. DL - 1.5 deep. 3 projected good players.

8. Tackles - 1 deep. 2 good players, one that's a potential stud.

9. Center - 1 deep. 1 good player

10. TE and Guards - five decent players. No projected studs but maybe someone raises under the spotlight.

Special teams is loaded. Stud punter, good kickers, good place holders, good returners who could be studs, good unit overall which could be great.

We got some depth, we would easily be 6-6 in the SEC but we can win with our schedule where other teams we play also have depth issues too. TCU might be the deepest team we play all year but studs matter. That's the difference.

Last edited:

Yeah, failed athletes in the press box. I'll bet you Romo and Aikman don't claim the 2nd string QB is the best job in sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back