What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the 113 total players on the roster (including walk ons) there are 57 players from TX, FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, NC, MO, TN and KY and the vast majority of the projected starters, along with most back ups are among that group. The heat and humidity is being overplayed.

Why isn't anyone talking about the altitude advantage that CU players have? Conditioning should not be an issue for our team, while it very well could be for week one TCU.

Maybe you are right and it would be a good opportunity to see if the Buffs have any depth. If the offense stays on the field and finishes drives, we will be in great shape for a win that will cause the heads of many well paid CFB analysts to explode.

Call me a negative Nancy, but going to Dallas in crazy Texas heat to play a Top 20 team coming off a championship appearance while youre introducing a new staff, new scheme and entirely new team doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in me for Saturday.

I'm bullish for the program, but tempering emotions for Saturday
High tomorrow in Fort Worth is now going to be 99. The temperature at kickoff is supposed to be 87 at 11am and 96 at 2pm. Not that crazy of heat. Humidity wiil only be 38% at kickoff and going to dwindle as the day goes on Let’s Gooooo!!! Heat is not going to be a factor.

Of the 113 total players on the roster (including walk ons) there are 57 players from TX, FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, NC, MO, TN and KY and the vast majority of the projected starters, along with most back ups are among that group. The heat and humidity is being overplayed.

Why isn't anyone talking about the altitude advantage that CU players have? Conditioning should not be an issue for our team, while it very well could be for week one TCU.
Hot take!

Got a notification that our Friday afternoon flight to DFW has been switched from a 737 to a Canadair regional jet. Where are all the Buffs fans?? It should have been *upgraded* to a 787!
Aam Aadmi Party People GIF by An Insignificant Man

High tomorrow in Fort Worth is now going to be 99. The temperature at kickoff is supposed to be 87 at 11am and 96 at 2pm. Not that crazy of heat. Humidity wiil only be 38% at kickoff and going to dwindle as the day goes on Let’s Gooooo!!! Heat is not going to be a factor.
The forecast looks fantastic, and our guys, who mostly grew up and played high school in the south are going to love it.
We have altitude training to boot, so freaking jacked up
Go Buffs, kick this mother****er off

Side note: I met some of the players yesterday evening, including Jace Feely, Savion Washington, Xavier Weaver, Tyler Brown, Vito Tisdale, and Shane Cokes... to name a few off the top of my head... Cameron the long snapper... and they were awesome dudes. They're ready to go. One of them even said with confidence they are trying to go undefeated (okay, but I like/appreciate the confidence and determination young one!!). The SMAC Entertainment team was there (Ongoing PRIME documentary), and they said they would be checking out Billy Bob's Texas Friday evening (tomorrow) in Ft. Worth. I told 'em to go there. They seemed excited about it tbh :cool: SO, see you in Ft. Worth if you are going! I'll be at Billy Bob's. The bull riding is at 8:30,country shows at 9 and 10. I'll be there earlier though. Hope to maybe see some Buffs around!

Hey, look! Another computer model that doesn’t know what to do with Shedeur. He comes in at #60.

In fairness, we was in the top 5 of underrated QBs.

No. 60 Shedeur Sanders, Colorado: Sanders has a lot to prove, but he has NFL arm talent and regardless of the level, throwing 40 touchdowns and 3,700 yards in a season — even in the FCS — should land a quarterback dozens of spots higher.
Also under Shedeur's analysis, it said "If his play translates to the FBS level, the model will quickly adjust and he’ll move up this list." so I think that's fair.

Side note: I met some of the players yesterday evening, including Jace Feely, Savion Washington, Xavier Weaver, Tyler Brown, Vito Tisdale, and Shane Cokes... to name a few off the top of my head... Cameron the long snapper... and they were awesome dudes. They're ready to go. One of them even said with confidence they are trying to go undefeated (okay, but I like/appreciate the confidence and determination young one!!). The SMAC Entertainment team was there (Ongoing PRIME documentary), and they said they would be checking out Billy Bob's Texas Friday evening (tomorrow) in Ft. Worth. I told 'em to go there. They seemed excited about it tbh :cool: SO, see you in Ft. Worth if you are going! I'll be at Billy Bob's. The bull riding is at 8:30,country shows at 9 and 10. I'll be there earlier though. Hope to maybe see some Buffs around!
Delbert Mclinton advises caution at Billy Bob's...

I gassed up my truck and packed my clothes
Turned in my key and hit the road
I said, Cowtown's where I'll go
You never know I might get lucky
I got a friend there turning knobs
At this place called Billy Bob's
Said he could get me a job
There workin' as a bouncer
First night on the job was just insane
Some ol' boy got all deranged
Hit me in the head with a Harley chain
To this day my ears still ring

. The SMAC Entertainment team was there (Ongoing PRIME documentary), and they said they would be checking out Billy Bob's Texas Friday evening (tomorrow) in Ft. Worth. I told 'em to go there. They seemed excited about it tbh :cool: SO, see you in Ft. Worth if you are going! I'll be at Billy Bob's. The bull riding is at 8:30,country shows at 9 and 10. I'll be there earlier though. Hope to maybe see some Buffs around!

Mmmm. I went to Billy Bob's one night in the summer of 1985. A good night. A very good night.

Call me a negative Nancy, but going to Dallas in crazy Texas heat to play a Top 20 team coming off a championship appearance while youre introducing a new staff, new scheme and entirely new team doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in me for Saturday.

I'm bullish for the program, but tempering emotions for Saturday
Yours is my subliminal fear. But I choose to suppress it!

Also under Shedeur's analysis, it said "If his play translates to the FBS level, the model will quickly adjust and he’ll move up this list." so I think that's fair.
Yeah, parking him in the middle of a stastical model to start is really the only reasonable way to do it if you believe in the model.

I love the 247 interview with the TCU dude. Long story short: He says TCU is better at every position (including QB) then last year except maybe DE.

Yep totally makes sense they upgraded over all the NFL talent that left as well as their all timer QB.

The heat does not effect these young athletes like it does us 35 year Olds.
I grew up down there and it wasn't hot at all back then.

Colorado has been a source of major intrigue in the offseason because of Deion Sanders and his massive roster flip. We’re still waiting to see what the final product looks like when Colorado takes the field against TCU this weekend, but there is no question the Buffaloes have upgraded their talent level tremendously since Sanders’ arrival. Colorado ranks No. 35 in total talent heading into this year, which is sixth-best in the Pac-12. Last year, Colorado ranked No. 63. That’s a dramatic facelift.

Though nobody is expecting Colorado to compete for a Pac-12 title, the improvement on paper is stark. That makes me think the Buffaloes have a better chance to surprise some people this year than I thought two days ago.
Now that's better ... but it took 247 to tell you this two days ago to realize that?? C'mon man.

Sounds like a great plan.
Behind The Scenes No More Sad Songs GIF by Little Mix

I love the 247 interview with the TCU dude. Long story short: He says TCU is better at every position (including QB) then last year except maybe DE.

Ell Oh ****ing Ell

Yes, the only complete half that Chandler Morris played the entire season was one of only two halves ALL SEASON that CU didn't allow an offensive touchdown. And then TCU went on to have the number 9 scoring offense in the country. Of course he's better than Dugan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back