What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs. UMass pregame thread

I totally agree.
No more looking past anybody.

The way our D played, we have an opportunity to really make a statement on that side of the ball.
UMASS can score. But if our D does what htey did last week, it should create opportunities for hte offense
to get their act together.

I'm HOPING that this last week was a wake up call and that the O realizes they totally let an opportunity get away.
As well as the O coordinator....we need to RUN RUN RUN like Ralphie and set up deep passes. It's way more
effective right now that running little 5 yard out passes that bounce at the receivers' feet.

No errors on special teams!
Must have leadership on ST to beat Mass this weekend.
Error free on special teams, Buffs win "handily". If not...... still in the woods.

No errors on special teams!
Must have leadership on ST to beat Mass this weekend.
Error free on special teams, Buffs win "handily". If not...... still in the woods.

Oh no! All is lost.

Oh no! All is lost.

I know where your are going with that as I am already there.... ;) But, key players on any of those teams must also step up and lead.

We are up against it no doubt in terms of staff per ST. Need to bust through it.

One of my biggest questions of the offseason (sarcasm) will finally be answered on Saturday. How will the new field entrance tunnel change how the team runs out behind Ralphie? They're going to be making a hard left instead of running out straight behind her. They may be confused all game because of this change in direction.

Key matchup is Lingren staying with what works, and not trying to have 'balance' if one facet of the O is not having success.

Another key matchup is Special teams playing solidly, instead of making high school mistakes.

Oh, against UMass? If they win then this staff will be fired this year.

The media has not been kind to the Buffs. Deservedly so. The Post has had a front page article on csu every day this week. They've only had 2 articles on the Buffs, total. Both on the back pages. Cecil Lamme totally ripped the Buffs on his radio show calling them an awful football team and predicting a UMass win. And so it goes.

If we can get consistent pressure on Umass and get sacks, we will win. That and our O not sucking.

The media has not been kind to the Buffs. Deservedly so. The Post has had a front page article on csu every day this week. They've only had 2 articles on the Buffs, total. Both on the back pages. Cecil Lamme totally ripped the Buffs on his radio show calling them an awful football team and predicting a UMass win. And so it goes.

From an outsider's perspective, it seems the Denver media has always considered CSU their little darlings while harboring animosity towards CU. I don't get it. I've never seen another media market this hostile toward their state's flagship university. Even the "positive" coverage almost always contains some thinly veiled insults, which is why I avoid the Post coverage like the plague. Hopefully though, with a big win tomorrow and Minny hammering CSU, maybe we'll get some decent coverage, but I doubt it.

For the first time in a while, I'm more concerned about our offense vs their defense than vice versa. The key matchup, IMO, is our receivers vs their DBs. Our guys need to get separation and Sefo needs to find them and the make an accurate throw when they do.

I'd have to say that since it is the secondmen's first game it won't be as close as we think it will be. Kool-aid talking but I predict that we will see a nice sports page cover pic of Nelson Spruce in the endzone on sunday morning with the caption of.."Buffs find their groove". Just hoping for the small caption for the page 5 story that reads, "CSU gets Gopher holed". We need a big win and I'd like to play the lambs after they come off a blowout loss.

For the first time in a while, I'm more concerned about our offense vs their defense than vice versa. The key matchup, IMO, is our receivers vs their DBs. Our guys need to get separation and Sefo needs to find them and the make an accurate throw when they do.

Hopefully a couple more double moves would help, Sefo needs time though.

Was Sefo so afraid of an interception that he got WAY tentative last week? If so, I hope he's over it and let's it rip, INT's or not.

Back