What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

dc Buffzone: Live chat: CU Buffs beat writer Brian Howell (Nov. 14, 2022)

Some people love RG. At one time, I did too. I give more of a pass than most because I think that like with Bohn, there's a lot of difficulty with Phil's budget pressure and lack of support. But outside of that, I can't forgive the contracts he has negotiated or the hiring of Dorrell.

We have to add the comment here from the Howell chat:

I've seen a lot of criticism of Rick by the "know it alls" on the two sophomoric fan sites (won't name them, but idiots like hawg1 and Buffnik who pretend like they always have inside info). If they did, they would know everything Rick has done for the department. Sure, he needs to make a good hire now, but to see idiots like those fools attack Rick--and as anonymous cowards, makes me ill.

I've seen a lot of criticism of Rick by the "know it alls" on the two sophomoric fan sites (won't name them, but idiots like hawg1 and Buffnik who pretend like they always have inside info). If they did, they would know everything Rick has done for the department. Sure, he needs to make a good hire now, but to see idiots like those fools attack Rick--and as anonymous cowards, makes me ill.
Howell didn't address any of the "know it alls" but he did say this:
I think Rick has done a very good job overall. Many in the athletic department would be devastated if he left. But, there's no question, he HAS to get the football hire right, and he has to do a better job embracing NIL
  • Likes0
Brian Howell
1c293ab1-86d6-4c9b-b8f3-5d4e78c8a932.jpg

So kudos to Brian for not taking the troll bait and saying that RG has work to do.

I didn’t even get a mention? What the f*** man, I guess I gotta ratchet up the negativity
I don't know how I have a rep for being negative. Maybe it goes back to some people thinking I was somehow responsible for getting Embree fired.

But with RG, I honestly don't know how anyone could look at things since the Champions Center and believe that RG is performing at a high level as AD.

I don't know how I have a rep for being negative. Maybe it goes back to some people thinking I was somehow responsible for getting Embree fired.

But with RG, I honestly don't know how anyone could look at things since the Champions Center and believe that RG is performing at a high level as AD.
You aren’t negative. Troll is trolling.

I thought you were saying Howell said this. I would have respected the hell out of that. :D

Back