What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BYU media is butthurt

In the rare cases you think of BYU, are they more...

• Funny

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Annoying

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 36 45.0%

• Total voters
I can't decide what part of that article i find most ridiculous. It might be saying that douche nozzle Mariotte represents the region, but I'll go with something unmentioned so far in this thread. He brings up Ty Detmer, completely ignoring Koy, who was a very good Buff. We really hate those Detmers, except for Koy.

We also signed Ty's nephew in the 2011 class. We really do have it in for that family.

I've been a longtime reader, but I finally joined a week ago and this is my first post. I won't post much, but if something gets me fired up or I have good info I'll put my two cents in. I'm getting excited about the new staff and bringing some pride back to CU football.

rep and welcome.

disturbing avatar too. you will do well here...

Of the limited (5 colums written over 23 years) examples here, at least two of them lack any impact to the argument that CU/Boulder/Denver/whatever has some sort of rooted hate complex/agenda against BYU and the LDS church.

So Marrioti wrote 2 columns about BYU players exhibiting racist behavior and cheap shots. So? Prove that it's not true. If true, I would think that the BYU community would be outraged... at the players, not a columnist pointing this out.

So Doug Looney wrote an article entitled "clean, sober and insufferable." So? Prove BYU's fanbase isn't insufferable. Articles like this prove the point.

I can tell you this: as a CU alumn and as a person who grew up watching the Buffs, I've thought about BYU very little and when I have it's been with indifference.

I get the impression that BYU is trying to pick a fight with CU in order to raise it's own status. BYU just got relegated to second class citizen in it's own state, and they don't like it one bit. Honestly, who gives a damn about BYU?

I get the impression that BYU is trying to pick a fight with CU in order to raise it's own status. BYU just got relegated to second class citizen in it's own state, and they don't like it one bit. Honestly, who gives a damn about BYU?

So you think it might be the Buddy Jones maneuver from Baylor's playbook? You might be on to something.

Unfortunately for BYU, it's more than a day late and a dollar short.

That writer has no clue. Alluding to Mariotti and Reilly being CU homers is asinine. They may have connections, but negative pub from Reilly has seemed much more prevalent than any hype, and Mariotti was only in Denver for a few years. He's a drifter (mostly Midwest/East Coast), and I don't think anyone claims him as their own. I grew up in Chicago, and I was pumped when I didn't have to read any more negative articles about Chicago teams and Illinois schools that were written by Mariotti when I moved out here to finish up school at CU. While the author might have his facts right and to the layman, it looks like a bunch of CU homers have picked on BYU/Utah, it's mostly just articles written by cranky journalists who are harder than the home teams than anybody else.

I've been a longtime reader, but I finally joined a week ago and this is my first post. I won't post much, but if something gets me fired up or I have good info I'll put my two cents in. I'm getting excited about the new staff and bringing some pride back to CU football.

Sloth! Welcome! Good post, rep for name/avatar.

By the way, sorry if this has been mentioned already and I didn't see it, but Reilly is the commencement speaker for graduation this spring. So to be fair to this BYU writer, looking in from the outside I can understand why he would think that Reilly and other media members are synonymous with CU and the Boulder area.

Since I will be attending to see my brother graduate, I am very, very, very thankful that you are wrong. I'd get ejected for booing if it were Reilly:

http://commencement.colorado.edu/ceremonies/spring/

**** BYU is right.

It's easy to see where this is really coming from, though - BYU and its fanbase are scared (rightly so) of dropping further into obscurity with the movement that UU and they have - the two schools are going in different directions. So attacking UU's new "rival" seems to make sense, I guess. Actually not really. So, it's not easy to see where this is coming from, unless you look at it from the jilted-girlfriend-keys-ex's-new-girlfriend's-car kind of way.

Last edited:
Back