What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BYU To Bolt From The MWC Before Sept 1st ??

Drop a deuce in someone's backseat. One member over there admitted he did that to an unlocked car in an RTD parking lot.

Once again I gave rammie fans too much credit. I had assumed that they were all house broken.

Schadenfreude.jpg

I'm confused here. It seems like BYU is way overplaying their hand here. They have no draw outside of the Mormon church, their TV network is ****, and no one is clamoring to put them on the schedule. BYU does not move the needle like Notre Dame does for college fans. So basically they are giving up their conference for a potentially ****tier schedule, and still no BCS berth, because there is no way that they should have the auto birth that Notre Dame does (Notre Dame shouldn't have it either, but thats a different story). How is this a help to them at all? Spite is going to make them make a bad choice.

This. Is. Hilarious.

Wait, we're a real conference too, we're going to be a BCS AQ soon, you wait and see, we have the BCS buster UU, oh wait, they left, well, we have a MNC BYU, oh wait they left, well we got Boise, oh wait they are backing out [Goat fan drops to floor kicking feet and crying]...stop laughing without me!

My concern would be if BYU did get some type of auto-bid concession. I just don't see them being able to put together a quality schedule and no way do I want to see them getting in each year by beating the likes of Utah State and Weber State and other Wac-off schools who would be willing to schedule them. Still would laugh if everyone told them to **** off including Utah.

This. Is. Hilarious.

Wait, we're a real conference too, we're going to be a BCS AQ soon, you wait and see, we have the BCS buster UU, oh wait, they left, well, we have a MNC BYU, oh wait they left, well we got Boise, oh wait they are backing out [Goat fan drops to floor kicking feet and crying]...stop laughing without me!

Say what again?

Boise is backing out of the MWC? link? Or did I miss it?

I gotta say, if true, this is flat out High - Larious.

Maybe I'm getting soft but I don't feel any great joy that CSU is twisting in the wind and their conference is going in the ****ter. I think I'll blame Hawk for that. :smile2:

Say what again?

Yup, the MWC is coming apart at the seams (from the SL Tribune article posted earlier, http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/50131959-88/byu-football-television-conference.html.csp):

Potentially more troubling for the Mountain West: a change-of-mind by Boise State that could return the Broncos to the WAC. The WAC office source confirmed that scenario as a possibility. Boise State would face no penalty if it did wish to return, the source said.

Say what again?

There's no news about it yet, but I don't see why they wouldn't. There's no conference exit-fee from the MWC.

How stupid is Kiszla's idea of going to the MWC look right now? Think I'll send him an email about it.

I still think its in Boise State's best interest to stay in the MWC.. The Wac will have BYU in all other sports but football.. Other than that their football sucks ass. TCU can still play. Maybe the Mountain will work to get another Texas team in the conference. (UTEP or Houston)

I'm confused here. It seems like BYU is way overplaying their hand here. They have no draw outside of the Mormon church, their TV network is ****, and no one is clamoring to put them on the schedule. BYU does not move the needle like Notre Dame does for college fans. So basically they are giving up their conference for a potentially ****tier schedule, and still no BCS berth, because there is no way that they should have the auto birth that Notre Dame does (Notre Dame shouldn't have it either, but thats a different story). How is this a help to them at all? Spite is going to make them make a bad choice.

You're missing the point. BYU will not play second fiddle to Utah under any circumstances. Just look at the cumstains who came here posing as Utah fans after the P10 deal went down.

Say what again?

MWC has no exit penalties, and you know the WAC would welcome them back with open arms. I think BSU bolts.

How stupid is Kiszla's idea of going to the MWC look right now? Think I'll send him an email about it.

Don't do it. That jerkoff gets his jollies by pissing people off. You do him far more harm to ignore him and quit clicking on his articles.

GoatNation is some of the funniest reading I've seen in a while. The tractor driving safety schoolers are gearing up for full melt down mode...:lol:

I think Marty Lenz might cry soon.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. BYU will not play second fiddle to Utah under any circumstances. Just look at the cumstains who came here posing as Utah fans after the P10 deal went down.

They don't want to play second fiddle, but that's the hand they're dealt. It's a pipe dream that going independent will somehow lift their profile. They will have two choices: they can decide to make TV money and consequently have to schedule big-time programs. Those programs won't want to do 1 for 1 schedules with BYU, maybe they can get some 2 for 1 deals. They will consistently lose against those types of teams. Alternatively, they can decide that they want wins and schedule teams that nobody wants to watch on TV, thus cutting their revenue and ensuring that they won't ever be ranked in the top 10.

They screwed themselves trying to keep up with the Utes. Good times!:thumbsup:

They don't want to play second fiddle, but that's the hand they're dealt. It's a pipe dream that going independent will somehow lift their profile. They will have two choices: they can decide to make TV money and consequently have to schedule big-time programs. Those programs won't want to do 1 for 1 schedules with BYU, maybe they can get some 2 for 1 deals. They will consistently lose against those types of teams. Alternatively, they can decide that they want wins and schedule teams that nobody wants to watch on TV, thus cutting their revenue and ensuring that they won't ever be ranked in the top 10.

They screwed themselves trying to keep up with the Utes. Good times!:thumbsup:

I don't disagree with you on how it will turn out, I'm just mentioning why they are doing it, IMO. Egos get in the way of good decisions all the time. This is one of those times. And it is providing great entertainment today!

I just don't see how BYU is gonna find teams to schedule late in the year. There are very few independents in D1. The affiliated teams are in the heart of their conference games in late Oct/early Nov. It's gonna take some real creativity, and prolly a bunch of $, to get other schools to revamp their schedules and add a late season game with bring 'em young.

I just don't see how BYU is gonna find teams to schedule late in the year. There are very few independents in D1. The affiliated teams are in the heart of their conference games in late Oct/early Nov. It's gonna take some real creativity, and prolly a bunch of $, to get other schools to revamp their schedules and add a late season game with bring 'em young.

I see BYU playing the service academies each year and maybe Notre Dame. (big maybe) If they can schedule these games late in the year I think they will be okay.

Joe Schad reporting MWC looking at all options including concessions to BYU to keep them in the conference.

From what I've seen, they will schedule 4-6 WAC teams per year and fill in the rest.

There are openings as the season goes along. SEC teams usually have one of their non-con patsies later in the year. Plus, WAC teams will want to schedule them in order to strengthen ties. And, really, is there any dip in schedule strength by playing Utah, a BCS opponent (or 3), and a bunch of non-BCS schools as compared to what they currently play?

It was mentioned in the article that the WAC was willing to engage in a cross-scheduling agreement with the Y - maybe 4 games per year. And, in years that BYU makes the trip to Hawaii, they can play a 13th game (at home naturally). I really don't think that they would have that hard of a time finding games. They could offer a larger payday to anyone willing to visit Provo as they regularly sell 65,000 tickets no matter who the opponent is. I also think that they could schedule games against enough lower tier BCS teams and non-AQ teams to fill out their schedule. And, since they keep any and all $$$ generated by their football program and in-house network, I think that they would do OK. Now, is OK better or worse than they have it now? I guess that is the risk they are willing to take.

Back