What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal Pregame Thread---11/24 @5PM, PAC12N

Actually I must admit I feel the defense has played pretty well in the last several games. It is the offense that missed the bus. And I actually blame Chev more than HCMM for that. I can't figure out what happened though. They have regressed even after Viska came back. I suspect it is not all Chev's fault though. I have a feeling there is a leadership problem on the offense, perhaps because the O starts with the QB and I am not sure Montez offers the kind of leadership we need on O. There is a reason he wasn't voted captain by his teammates.

I am not saying Elliott is good or bad, he has shown some improvement, but obviously many weaknesses have been exposed. I am more curious to see how a coach runs the show when it is just him making the calls. If it is the same, then MM was not an influence and Elliott sucks. Same thing with Chiv, we can make a better judgement in what we see take place. Everyone gets fair judgement this weekend.

Just to add to my comment, the reason I have started to suspect a leadership problem on the offense is if the team quit on HCMM it would be the whole team not just one unit. The D has improved their play in my opinion or at least held their own in most games (despite being stuck defending for 75% of the game with the O so inept). So if the D hasn't thrown in the towel but the O has, it seems it is either a problem with the coaching and coaches on that side of the ball or a leadership problem.

I am not saying Elliott is good or bad, he has shown some improvement, but obviously many weaknesses have been exposed. I am more curious to see how a coach runs the show when it is just him making the calls. If it is the same, then MM was not an influence and Elliott sucks. Same thing with Chiv, we can make a better judgement in what we see take place. Everyone gets fair judgement this weekend.

Eliot will likely look very good this weekend because Cal has the worst offense in the conference.

Anyway this is the coaching search thread. Moving these posts.

It will be very interesting to see what Elliott and Chiv have in store this weekend! They are now unbridled and can run whatever they want without oversight. This will be very telling to see if they change things up, or go a little off script to confuse CAL. Would be nice to throw some good stuff at them that they have not seen. I would expect Chiv to throw more, and I possibly see more blitzing from Elliott. Nothing to lose, lots to gain getting a 6th win and a bowl game.
I feel like all the blitzing ****s our dbacks.

I feel like all the blitzing ****s our dbacks.

When was the last time you saw an intelligently disguised CB Blitz like Chido used to do. There were many times against WSU that it would make have been slick to take that corner and blitz.

When was the last time you saw an intelligently disguised CB Blitz like Chido used to do. There were many times against WSU that it would make have been slick to take that corner and blitz.
Not sure. I watched a dback blitz on every play in the second half of OSU.

Not sure. I watched a dback blitz on every play in the second half of OSU.

I said Intelligently Disguised!
Line up on the slot guy, read the blocking, and then fly in off the corner and crush the QB.
We have guys look right at the likely blocking TE or RB and sprint right at them and get easily blocked.
Not very creative on combo pass rushing
Oh well, I just hope these boys get a win any way possible
New staff will do new things

I think we pull this out of our asses and actually play longer than 1 quarter. If we score more than 21, I like our chances because Cal's offense is dismal.

Offensive stat that I find most worrisome is the fact that we're now at 98 negative yardage plays this year (including 31 sacks) - 20 more than we've produced.

I would like to make a Play Call for this weekends game based on the TRIPPPLE PLAY ACTION call that Kansas City just called on that Hunt TD!!! That was an awesome play, and so creative. That type of stuff really makes football fun. Hope Chiv is watching, maybe work on it tomorrow in practice.

Kevin? Come on, man.

Steven Montez - QB - Buffaloes
Colorado redshirt junior QB Steven Montez (ankle) is probable for Saturday's game against Cal.
Montez was forced out injured during Saturday's loss to Utah. All indications as of Wednesday have the redshirt senior likely to take the field versus the Golden Bears, but we will pass along word if he ends a late scratch. Sam Noyer and Kevin Lytle would be the realistic candidates to step in for Montez should he be unable to play this weekend.
Source: NBC College Football Talk
Nov 22 - 12:37 PM

I am very curious to see what kind of CU team shows up in this game. Does Chiv open things up again? Can the defense contain the worst offense in the Pac 12?

I've been going through the motions since before WSU. It's nice to care about a game again. It would be so awesome if the team achieved bowl eligibility.

I am bummed it is going to be 50's and raining. CU hasn't exactly performed well the last few years in inclement weather.

I am very curious to see what kind of CU team shows up in this game. Does Chiv open things up again? Can the defense contain the worst offense in the Pac 12?

I've been going through the motions since before WSU. It's nice to care about a game again. It would be so awesome if the team achieved bowl eligibility.

I am bummed it is going to be 50's and raining. CU hasn't exactly performed well the last few years in inclement weather.
Weather was pretty good vs OSU.

Kevin? Come on, man.

Steven Montez - QB - Buffaloes
Colorado redshirt junior QB Steven Montez (ankle) is probable for Saturday's game against Cal.
Montez was forced out injured during Saturday's loss to Utah. All indications as of Wednesday have the redshirt senior likely to take the field versus the Golden Bears, but we will pass along word if he ends a late scratch. Sam Noyer and Kevin Lytle would be the realistic candidates to step in for Montez should he be unable to play this weekend.
Source: NBC College Football Talk
Nov 22 - 12:37 PM
In the single paragraph they also can’t decide if Montez is a junior or a senior.

Weather forecast on WeatherBug looks fantastic. 50’s with no rain and light winds.
Let’s go Buffs!!!

7852E928-CB21-47D0-87C0-5A9311487079.jpeg CAB82B2A-9E31-47A8-996E-C90E432D20B1.jpeg
Review of the opposing mascot creepiness and periodic review of team chemistry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back