What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Call 104.3 The Fan & Demand Hastings Get Fired

Certainly doom and gloom on the Boards right now (just got back from CO). I agree that we are overreacting. However, if we play like that we will not win a single game this year.

As far as Hastings go, take it easy. The guy is a dumb*** sometimes, but he is loveable and apparently a supporter of the program. No need to freak out about what he said and turn someone who can spin CU news anyway he wants into a CSU fan. And he is great during the Nugs games.

Where is the improvement? Once again, no accountability. You hold the fans more accountable than hawk. He's the one talking big and not producing but please continue trashing the fans, it makes sense.

Who says I don't hold Hawk accountable for the CSU loss? I have said multiple times it was a poorly coached game and that he has to fix those problems.

But calling for a coaches head 1 game into a season is an over-reaction. Let's stop the "it's not 1 game" because that is exactly what it is. It is the 1st game of the season.

Let's try to gain just a little perspective.

I'm sorry, but I'm really not seeing the improvement. We're no better off today than we were when Barnett left. At least in terms of wins/losses. Hawk's last game was very much like his first - an embarassing loss at home to a vastly inferior opponent. When gauging improvement, you look at the starting point and the ending point. I'm not seeing any difference between the two.

You see no improvement? Do you feel the talent on this team is better than it was in his first year?

Do you believe he has changed the attitude of the program and player accountability?

Top Colorado In-state talent wasn't even considering staying at home 4 years ago. Now CU is at the top of many of there lists. Not all, but many.

He has at least had the ear of many talented recruits across the nation the last few years. He hasn't landed all of them, but at least they are talking to us again.

I agree the win/loss record is of a concern and the performance was not where I would expect it to be last week. But let's not act like this program has not taken steps in the right direction since he has been here. There have been improvements in certain areas. Now it needs to start translating into wins and losses. When a coach comes in a basically rebuilds the national reputation of your football program, I believe he deserves the time to get things right.

Look if Hawkins had not shown the character he has the last 3+ years and shown he was a business as usual coach, then I would also be calling for his head after this performance. It is because of the good things that he has done for this program that I am willing to give him the 5 years I originally thought it would take him to get us back in the National rankings.

Who says I don't hold Hawk accountable for the CSU loss? I have said multiple times it was a poorly coached game and that he has to fix those problems.

But calling for a coaches head 1 game into a season is an over-reaction. Let's stop the "it's not 1 game" because that is exactly what it is. It is the 1st game of the season.

Perspective? What we saw in game 1 is what we've been seeing for 3 years and 1 game. That's 38 games. I'd say it's more than one game.

I understand it's only 1 game to start this season but the same gameday ineptitude is getting old.

I'm sorry, but I'm really not seeing the improvement. We're no better off today than we were when Barnett left. At least in terms of wins/losses. Hawk's last game was very much like his first - an embarassing loss at home to a vastly inferior opponent. When gauging improvement, you look at the starting point and the ending point. I'm not seeing any difference between the two.

So you think CSU isn't any better than Montana St? Interesting.

Perspective? What we saw in game 1 is what we've been seeing for 3 years and 1 game. That's 38 games. I'd say it's more than one game.

I understand it's only 1 game to start this season but the same gameday ineptitude is getting old.

Yeah, it's more than one game, but it's one game this season. Let's evaluate the season. Calling for his head after the first game is a little over the top. He certainly deserves a lot of criticism, but it'll take a lot to get him fired. I still think ya'll (we'll) will be complaining about him next year, too.

Last edited:
Wow Chilly man, is Hawk paying you to say all these things? You are very passionate about your posts but so far off in dreamland it is comical to read your stuff on here. I can tell you love the Buffs, but you gotta know when to push the Captain out of the seat when he keeps falling asleep.

Wow Chilly man, is Hawk paying you to say all these things? You are very passionate about your posts but so far off in dreamland it is comical to read your stuff on here. I can tell you love the Buffs, but you gotta know when to push the Captain out of the seat when he keeps falling asleep.

God I wish. Maybe someone up at CU will see this and offer me some type of cash per post deal. LOL

It's not just the one loss, it's how the team lost: Being bullied in the trenches, the coaching staff appearing to have no concept of a hurry up offense, not playing the best players, and what preceded it: A 5-7 season.

It's too early to fire him but it is not too early to put the guy on the hot seat.

no doubt, I can handle losing to CSU once or twice a decade. Honestly, it is good for the state. I also hope they go undefeated this year and help ruin the BCS crap. We all know they will piss it away though as their superbowl was Sunday night. Now what do they have to look forward to?

My thing wasn't losing to CSU, it was how we did it and how Hawk just sat on his thumb and did nothing to prevent the ass kicking he got. Then to not play Scott, gimmie a break.

At least Hastings apologized. Way out of line.

But on the critiques of Hawkins as a coach and being a general whacko, I am under the impression that Hastings says some things because he hears it from Albert and the other ex-players but those guys can't say as much out of loyalty to the program and trying to stay somewhat positive.

At least Hastings apologized. Way out of line.

But on the critiques of Hawkins as a coach and being a general whacko, I am under the impression that Hastings says some things because he hears it from Albert and the other ex-players but those guys can't say as much out of loyalty to the program and trying to stay somewhat positive.

When he apologized he said that if the fans knew some of the things he knows then they might not demand an apology. That was why I said he only kinda apologized.

"When he apologized he said that if the fans knew some of the things he knows then they might not demand an apology."

Well then, the next call-in campaign should be queries as to this personal knowledge of his that caused him to make the remark in the first place.

This guy sounds like he's trying to drum up controversy for increased ratings.

You see no improvement? Do you feel the talent on this team is better than it was in his first year?

Do you believe he has changed the attitude of the program and player accountability?

Top Colorado In-state talent wasn't even considering staying at home 4 years ago. Now CU is at the top of many of there lists. Not all, but many.

He has at least had the ear of many talented recruits across the nation the last few years. He hasn't landed all of them, but at least they are talking to us again.

I agree the win/loss record is of a concern and the performance was not where I would expect it to be last week. But let's not act like this program has not taken steps in the right direction since he has been here. There have been improvements in certain areas. Now it needs to start translating into wins and losses. When a coach comes in a basically rebuilds the national reputation of your football program, I believe he deserves the time to get things right.

Look if Hawkins had not shown the character he has the last 3+ years and shown he was a business as usual coach, then I would also be calling for his head after this performance. It is because of the good things that he has done for this program that I am willing to give him the 5 years I originally thought it would take him to get us back in the National rankings.

OK, I'll admit it. There is some improvement there. We lost to Montana State by 9 points. CSU only beat us by 6 points. Point taken.

Back