What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Callahan

Damn, I don't know what the world is comming to if we have a half dozen cognizant fusker fans here. It will be a bit disconcerting to say the least.:confused:

a half dozen cognizant ones? we would have to import 2-3 of them to make it to that goal. :smile2:

one ****stick took four pages of a beating until he could muster a ramble that was halfway intelligible. i would not call that alltogether "cognizant". :smile2:

but it IS nice having some huskers who are starting to aspire towards the general niftiness we find in our lammiefusker. :smile:

a half dozen cognizant ones? we would have to import 2-3 of them to make it to that goal. :smile2:

one ****stick took four pages of a beating until he could muster a ramble that was halfway intelligible. i would not call that alltogether "cognizant". :smile2:

but it IS nice having some huskers who are starting to aspire towards the general niftiness we find in our lammiefusker. :smile:

A beating huh??? Well if that's what you called that attempt at a beating I guess you can call it that. Don't forget to wear your helmet before you leave the house. I'm kidding!!! Jesus here we go with a half page response!!! :smile2:

A beating huh??? Well if that's what you called that attempt at a beating I guess you can call it that. Don't forget to wear your helmet before you leave the house. I'm kidding!!! Jesus here we go with a half page response!!! :smile2:

don't need a half page to smack your little vagina around, bri. :lol: you are the village idiot around here. the funniest thing is, you do not realize it. you are the only one keeping waylon from being the clear winner of the tarded fusker nation award.

don't need a half page to smack your little vagina around, bri. :lol: you are the village idiot around here. the funniest thing is, you do not realize it. you are the only one keeping waylon from being the clear winner of the tarded fusker nation award.

Hey everyone has to have one your just jealous of my little trophy I got!!! :lol:

Hey everyone has to have one your just jealous of my little trophy I got!!! :lol:

10163k712g.jpg

yea, that is nice. :smile2:

:

you confirm your status as the ringleader of that group, .:

WHOAHHHHHH here, how dare you prop him up like that, I'm still your huckelberry.:smile2:

: again, since you have the intellectual range of a dirty mop, if you want to answer fib, he would deserve a worthy response instead of your incessant whining:
just because he kicked your ass is no reason to get personal.:wink2:

Last edited:
I think it was appropriate to extend Cally right now. He is turning the program around, the talent is getting better. His boss is pretty much stuck with him as another husker fan pointed out; "who do you replace him with?" most of the coaches I want have good gigs right now. Cally is for the most part a good guy doing a tough job, with supreme expectations by the people paying the bills (i.e. the fans), with a 10-3 hanging over his hire until he can do something big. He has some good wins but not great wins or a launching point type win and it probably wont happen next weekend either.

Cally has had a learning curve (and a prior issue) with out a doubt when it comes to PR, dealing with the press and his own temper and with the improvements he has made he seems to be forcing it rather than exuding it. He is a project for Smiley Stievie Pete when it comes to his "effin Hillbillies" and the slash... but he has not had a major fropah in the last couple years so maybe NU/Cally are past that???

My biggest concern with Cally is his play-calling abilities, time management and adjustments or lack there of. I hope he can come to the point of if he feels he is not getting it done he can hand over those duties down the road, it could actually save his job and NU's ability to win.

Cally and NU are at a point where all the recruiting and improvement need to be the rubber that meets the road and if there are no top 10 wins or CCG wins or BCS wins within the next couple years change will need to be made before 2011 within his staff or with the HC position itself.

I think it was appropriate to extend Cally right now. He is turning the program around, the talent is getting better. His boss is pretty much stuck with him as another husker fan pointed out; "who do you replace him with?" most of the coaches I want have good gigs right now. Cally is for the most part a good guy doing a tough job, with supreme expectations by the people paying the bills (i.e. the fans), with a 10-3 hanging over his hire until he can do something big. He has some good wins but not great wins or a launching point type win and it probably wont happen next weekend either.

Cally has had a learning curve (and a prior issue) with out a doubt when it comes to PR, dealing with the press and his own temper and with the improvements he has made he seems to be forcing it rather than exuding it. He is a project for Smiley Stievie Pete when it comes to his "effin Hillbillies" and the slash... but he has not had a major fropah in the last couple years so maybe NU/Cally are past that???

My biggest concern with Cally is his play-calling abilities, time management and adjustments or lack there of. I hope he can come to the point of if he feels he is not getting it done he can hand over those duties down the road, it could actually save his job and NU's ability to win.

Cally and NU are at a point where all the recruiting and improvement need to be the rubber that meets the road and if there are no top 10 wins or CCG wins or BCS wins within the next couple years change will need to be made before 2011 within his staff or with the HC position itself.

Couldn't have said it better myself Waylon..............I have to say that that 4th and 2 call was definately one I have to question??? Why the hell does he go for it on that one when we are only leading by 3?? If we lead by 10 I understand it a little better...........

Couldn't have said it better myself Waylon..............I have to say that that 4th and 2 call was definately one I have to question??? Why the hell does he go for it on that one when we are only leading by 3?? If we lead by 10 I understand it a little better...........

it is calls like that which make me extremely relieved that cally will stay in lincoln for some time. we have said it here since his arrival: he is an enemy to himself. barring a miracle, it will always pan out that he can be counted on to blow a game based on the cally factor.

it is calls like that which make me extremely relieved that cally will stay in lincoln for some time. we have said it here since his arrival: he is an enemy to himself. barring a miracle, it will always pan out that he can be counted on to blow a game based on the cally factor.

Well when you think about it we are at 4th and 2 and in a dogfight with WF. We go for it for whatever reason and I think we were on the 48 or so on our side and of course we don't get the first. The only time I would even consider going for that is if we are up or down by 10 and either our team is losing momentum and they are gaining or we need to make a big play to make something happen. To me when you are up by 3 and in a dogfight with a team and no one has the momentum you punt it there and play the field position battle until the end. You don't turn the ball over on downs and give them good field position???

i totally appreaciate your thoughts. the fact that they are halfway lucid (most of the time :wink2:) is why i am starting to warm to you a bit.

there is nothing glaringly inaccurate in what you said. perhaps *slightly* one sided, but by no means insanely off the mark.

while it is true that nu did not have an oline at the turnover which was completely draftable within the first two rounds, one cannot say that talent was COMPLETELY devoid on the roster, nor that the recruiting classes were other than highly regarded.

i do not know if i can agree that cally is making steps towards conference domination, or if the north has disintegrated into a tard fight. i suspect the latter, but maybe you are right. time will tell. i do appreciate that you are willing to stay the course with your team.

very little depth does not equal completely devoid of talent.

Back