What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Can we get some names on the back of the jerseys please?

I have an idea. We use jgisland's Win/Shares IER profile; and if you're a player with a C or better from the previous game, you get to have a jersey with your name on it. If you are at a C- or worse, you're anonymous until you pick up your play. Sound fair?

names are good. I hate having to explain to people who each player is.

This was kind of my point. It is normal, and hard for people who don't watch the Buffs as much (they have never been on TV as much as they are now) and that makes it tough for people to get attached to these guys. Go down to your local sports bar that showed the game and ask casual watchers who the best player on the team is and the response you will get most often is "oh, that guy, uh, number uh, 3 or 0, i forgot but he is pretty good".

Adding names to jerseys would be awesome. It pisses me off to see the kid in the front row wearing the exact same jersey that andre is wearing. Other than the pac 12 logo, it looks like our team picked up the jerseys from the bookstore

You watch the game in the ****ter?

Starting this year, you might literally be able to do that if the Pac-12 has an app for that for the iPhone/iPad. Unfortuantely for me, I will have only one bathroom to share with the wife.

This really is a non-issue compared to when Halkins removed the last names from the football jerseys. You have to memorize just 15 names in basketball while you have 105 names to memorize for football.

This really is a non-issue compared to when Halkins removed the last names from the football jerseys. You have to memorize just 15 names in basketball while you have 105 names to memorize for football.

Not to mention basketball players dont wear helmets, its pretty easy to tell the difference between Ben Mills and Shannon Sharpe.

Not to mention basketball players dont wear helmets, its pretty easy to tell the difference between Ben Mills and Shannon Sharpe.

Yeah, if they were wearing helmets, I would mix those two up every time.

And repeat numbers in football.

names are good. I hate having to explain to people who each player is.

Nah - explaining who players are is the best way to promote your own nicknames for players! 0, we call that guy "Go". 33, "Thundering Bison". 1, he's "Mr. Pink". So on and so on.

Another option to stop the questions about player names is to just grab a stack of the poster/fact sheets before the game. Any time you get a question - give a poster.

Back