What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Candidates for CU Regent 2016

I want to know how the Hell this goof managed to convince so many people to vote for him. He's a moron. He doesn't have the first idea what he's talking about, and it's obvious. He rails against privately financed construction projects for the athletic department but apparently is fine with publicly financed construction projects for student housing. What kind of special ed dropout votes for an idiot like this?

I want to know how the Hell this goof managed to convince so many people to vote for him. He's a moron. He doesn't have the first idea what he's talking about, and it's obvious. He rails against privately financed construction projects for the athletic department but apparently is fine with publicly financed construction projects for student housing. What kind of special ed dropout votes for an idiot like this?
the answer is most people. unfortunately, most people don't know or care about who their regent is for the CU...they just pick a name and move on... we care cause it affects us. simple as that

@Darth Snow if you, or any other decent candidate runs next time this seat is open, I will triple the donation I made to Lucky's campaign.

**** me this sucks.

This asshole may actually be involved in picking a replacement for Bruce Benson?

We're ****ed.

13327387_632821526883676_8088960471287480524_n.jpg
Jacks speeches really draw a crowd. He packs em in. Is this indication of one of those busy weeks?

Hey everyone. I'm really sorry that my campaign against Kroll came up short. I gave it everything I had. I knew that he was peddling misinformation and slogans, and I tried very hard to counter it with real ideas. But, in the end, as someone above said, these are low-information races and voters tend to go for the simpler message, even if it's not true. "Students Over Stadiums!!" Who doesn't like that, right? Even if you are comparing apples and bulldozer - but explaining why takes more than 3 words.. Or, "Support Our Veterans!" sounds great too, until you start to think that a CU Regent has zero impact on the for-profit universities exploiting those veterans. So, that's how it went down. And, it doesn't look like young Mr. Kroll plans to back away from sloganeering once he is on the Board. In his "victory post," he doubled down on bashing athletics.

The saddest part about it is that we tried to give the voters a clear contrast between two visions for the future of CU, and they chose the one that will demonize one part of the university and pit it against other parts, an approach that will be "all about the students" which is code for unchecked spending on unnecessary luxuries based on wrong assumptions, all the while voting for large tuition increases as far as the eye can see. I came up short in this campaign, but I am coming out of it with my integrity intact. I appreciate all the support from the AB community. GO BUFFS!

Hey everyone. I'm really sorry that my campaign against Kroll came up short. I gave it everything I had. I knew that he was peddling misinformation and slogans, and I tried very hard to counter it with real ideas. But, in the end, as someone above said, these are low-information races and voters tend to go for the simpler message, even if it's not true. "Students Over Stadiums!!" Who doesn't like that, right? Even if you are comparing apples and bulldozer - but explaining why takes more than 3 words.. Or, "Support Our Veterans!" sounds great too, until you start to think that a CU Regent has zero impact on the for-profit universities exploiting those veterans. So, that's how it went down. And, it doesn't look like young Mr. Kroll plans to back away from sloganeering once he is on the Board. In his "victory post," he doubled down on bashing athletics.

The saddest part about it is that we tried to give the voters a clear contrast between two visions for the future of CU, and they chose the one that will demonize one part of the university and pit it against other parts, an approach that will be "all about the students" which is code for unchecked spending on unnecessary luxuries based on wrong assumptions, all the while voting for large tuition increases as far as the eye can see. I came up short in this campaign, but I am coming out of it with my integrity intact. I appreciate all the support from the AB community. GO BUFFS!
Class act.

Sorry it didn't work out Lucky. Kroll is already pissing me off, but I have to take some blame in that I didn't even realize the winner of the primary was going to get to run unopposed.

I want CU to be great at everything we do, and it saddens me that just when Athletics is finally going that direction, we've elected in someone who would be happy to dismantle that progress.

Sorry it didn't work out Lucky. Kroll is already pissing me off, but I have to take some blame in that I didn't even realize the winner of the primary was going to get to run unopposed.

I want CU to be great at everything we do, and it saddens me that just when Athletics is finally going that direction, we've elected in someone who would be happy to dismantle that progress.
Very unhappy about this the more I think about it. He's either incredibly stupid, or dishonest. Both are no bueno.

Very unhappy about this the more I think about it. He's either incredibly stupid, or dishonest. Both are no bueno.
I'm coming down on the "incredibly stupid" side. What's more troubling is that his stupidity was obviously shared by a majority of the voters. So not only is he a moron, but the people who voted for him are equally moronic.

On the positive side, I'm pretty sure he remains a solid minority on the board of regents. Him and Ludwig appear to be the only ones who can't decipher the difference between publicly and privately financed construction projects. The argument that if the project isn't successful that the taxpayers would end up footing the bill shows an incredible ignorance of the facts.

I'm coming down on the "incredibly stupid" side. What's more troubling is that his stupidity was obviously shared by a majority of the voters. So not only is he a moron, but the people who voted for him are equally moronic.
He is either incredibly stupid, or he's smart by playing to the stupidity of the voting masses.

Hey all! I am running for the state wide CU Regent seat. Have had season fb tix since '86! My husband Pete asked me to marry him at a Buff game in '84 (The only game they one that year!!). Our son just finished playing 4 yrs at UPenn (tied for Ivy League champs!!) He was all state OLB out of Fairview but not big enuf for D1. I have a huge soft spot for student athletes. Go Buffs!

Hey all! I am running for the state wide CU Regent seat. Have had season fb tix since '86! My husband Pete asked me to marry him at a Buff game in '84 (The only game they one that year!!). Our son just finished playing 4 yrs at UPenn (tied for Ivy League champs!!) He was all state OLB out of Fairview but not big enuf for D1. I have a huge soft spot for student athletes. Go Buffs!

Welcome. Do you have a campaign web page?

Couldn't get in to BHS?

I kid... Sorta.

Honestly all I am worried about it who is going to take over after Benson. Unfortunately I think Kroll's perspective on college athletics is probably more popular within the current regents than we would like to believe but Benson has shown a commitment to improving the football team since it fell apart under his watch. Basically I don't think certain regents voice this concern (Outside of the one guy at the approval meeting) because they realize Benson is trying to improve in that area and those concerns will go nowhere. In contrast, if the next President has a similar view at Kroll, then those regents will feed off of those views and it will turn ugly again.

@Madden4CURegent - Thanks for joining.

We understand that Bruce Benson must be nearing retirement. Obviously, hiring a President for the University system requires a lot thought into a myriad of areas - but from the athletics perspective, what will you be looking towards? We already know that Jack Kroll is going to try to undermine the progress that has been made, and conceivably will work to get a President hired who is hostile athletics as a whole.

Can you talk a little bit about your views on that subject?

Aren't you a director in the law school?

In the Original Post, Ms. Madden is listed among the candidates for CU Regent At Large. Links to all of her campaign sites provided.

Calm down, you guys...

jackkroll.jpg

A grown ass man's favorite thing about a football game is not seeing the mascot, no matter how awesome the mascot. Not if he is any sort of a fan. This guy is full of ****.

I wrote you in! Sucks that Kroll is the auto-winner.

Anyone have an opinion between Alice and Heidi?

I voted for Alice - but according to both candidates they are supportive of the football program.

Back