What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Central Arkansas @ Colorado Official Game Thread

We are likely going to struggle against Fresno and Pac-12 schools. We just don't have the players. That said, we can steal a game or two maybe and we just doubled our win total from last year. We're definitely headed in the right direction. .

Just got home. This formula, going up early, losing the lead, and winning in the 4th quarter is not sustainable. Listened to Mac on the way home. He didn't mention Nembot by name, but did say he needs to get better. He also said 3 of the CA guys, at least, will be playing in the NFL, including number 90.

Really concerned about our O-line and inability to put pressure on the QB. Thris will get us killed, no doubt, in games to come. Smallest crowd since 1988 or something. But the crowd actually didn't seem that bad as the game went on. Beautiful evening in Boulder.

The AP write up labels us a Big 12 team...

Saw that, and I think they called us FCS at the same time. Here's the ESPN paragraph, must be the same soure. "In their first game against a Big-12 school, the Bears (1-1) of the Southland Conference were in line for their second win over a FCS opponent to go with their victory against Western Kentucky in 2009 when things fell apart in the final 11 minutes." :lol:

Man, they had 2 or 3 drops and a couple of overthrows to wide open guys. That will not happen against elite teams.

So there was a "It sucks to be a CSU ram" chant after CSU officially lost. :sigh: And some fat freshman was like, "Honestly I don't care what happens the rest of the season, we beat CSU." :sigh again:

Thats at least a little better.

One another note, good job by Jeremy Bloom. You could tell he loved watching the game.

Can't play like this in the PAC12. UCA is a better team than the Lambs, so our weaknesses were exposed. Lots of good stuff but lots to work on. Fun team to watch!!!!

No idea. Nobody around me and a buddy. By ourselves and some argues people come up demanding id and after five minutes tell us no smoking on campus and we need to leave .

You would have been o.k. if you were smoking a joint I assume. You could have fought for your legal rights!

Our fan base stinks, that is so pathetic if the 35K attendance is correct. We will be going as a family to a few games (conflicts with my son's football schedule and the distance between Elizabeth and Boulder keep from going more often), but since this team is watchable, we will be there.

I mentioned Nembot last week and watched him get beat time and time again and mainly heard that he is just "raw". He needs help, quickly or Wood is going to get hurt.

Thrilled with the win after losses to the last two FCS teams we played. At least we kept playing, that is a huge improvement.

Congrats guys :drink2: Richardson is a beast. We did have some overthrows, but made some great catches as well. I thought it was closer than the final score indicates. Both teams need to clean up the turnovers though haha. Hopefully this will be good experience going forward for us...good luck with the rest of the season!

Our fan base stinks, that is so pathetic if the 35K attendance is correct. We will be going as a family to a few games (conflicts with my son's football schedule and the distance between Elizabeth and Boulder keep from going more often), but since this team is watchable, we will be there.

I mentioned Nembot last week and watched him get beat time and time again and mainly heard that he is just "raw". He needs help, quickly or Wood is going to get hurt.

Thrilled with the win after losses to the last two FCS teams we played. At least we kept playing, that is a huge improvement.

Our fanbase doesn't suck, and the attendance figures prove that. We've endured seven years of **** being poored over us on a weekly basis. A FCS team isn't going to draw a big crowd in Colorado, and the weather being so nice probably didn't help despite the start. The stadium got loud and was into it, it'll pick up next week.

Our fanbase doesn't suck, and the attendance figures prove that. We've endured seven years of **** being poored over us on a weekly basis. A FCS team isn't going to draw a big crowd in Colorado, and the weather being so nice probably didn't help despite the start. The stadium got loud and was into it, it'll pick up next week.

When you have a 1-11 season, it's not necessarily the official attendance that season that's going to suffer, it's the attendance the season after due to fans not renewing. That was illustrated perfectly tonight. Add in Central Arkansas having about 7 people there instead of the 3k-5k that many teams bring, and there you have CU's worst attendance since 1988. Hopefully next week takes a major climb in the right direction, we need all the help we can get for this one.

Last edited:
Yeah - Embree's weekly blowouts cost us big time. The school has a lot of work to do to reestablish those relationships. They're off to a good start (except for the ridiculous line to get students in)

I agree, but even in better times they haven't been great. I didn't know about the mess with it taking it so long for the students to get in until I read some of comments here, they need to solve that problem.

I understand having low attendance after the mess that has been the past several years and playing a FCS team, but I have been to many games over the years when we weren't God-aweful and playing great teams and still having empty seats or WAY to many seats filled by fans from the opposing team because CU fans sold their tickets.

Watching the game again, I have kept a closer eye on Nembot. Man, I love the guy but it is almost hard to watch. He looks lost, has no quickness, and just gets burned repeatedly. The sack/fumble was totally on him. He is so gifted he has got to get something figured out.

Also, TEs are virtually nonexistent out there. I heard some say Henderson was getting picked on, but at least in the first half the ball was being pretty much thrown all over.

On attendance: I have pictures of me and friends completely alone in the student section during Hawkins first year. I am guessing they used accounting tricks with tickets sold. Winning=fans. Our fans aren't bad they are just smart assholes.

Back