What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CharGriller Official Buffs vs. Cal Score Prediction Thread

Greetings to my second favorite Pac-12 team. Come let us wallow in our misery together. Cal 24, CU 21.

You brainiacs figure a way out of that $450 million long term debt yet?

If you really want to wallow with us, be sure you shut down baseball and a dozen or so more of your varsity athletic programs.

/not bitter

You brainiacs figure a way out of that $450 million long term debt yet?

If you really want to wallow with us, be sure you shut down baseball and a dozen or so more of your varsity athletic programs.

/not bitter
Short answer, there's no way to make a $450m debt go away (unless you are the federal government and can print money or relish destroying your credit by entering bankruptcy. In which case, all you are entitled to is the Presidency. But I digress). What you can do, however, is shift a portion of the debt from IA back to the University itself under the theory that it was related to a seismic retrofit mandated by the Regents and not actually an "athletic" expenditure at all. Look for 1/2 this debt (more or less) to disappear. There's lies, damn lies and accounting . . . Wait, that's not quite right . . .

Anyway, yes we are poor but proud and yes we seem to find spectacular and heart-breaking wins to lose, particularly to Arizona, but what the hell. Here's looking forward to our game. Could really be a coin flip. Might depends on the weather. Say hi to Ralphie for me.

Short answer, there's no way to make a $450m debt go away (unless you are the federal government and can print money or relish destroying your credit by entering bankruptcy. In which case, all you are entitled to is the Presidency. But I digress). What you can do, however, is shift a portion of the debt from IA back to the University itself under the theory that it was related to a seismic retrofit mandated by the Regents and not actually an "athletic" expenditure at all. Look for 1/2 this debt (more or less) to disappear. There's lies, damn lies and accounting . . . Wait, that's not quite right . . .

Anyway, yes we are poor but proud and yes we seem to find spectacular and heart-breaking wins to lose, particularly to Arizona, but what the hell. Here's looking forward to our game. Could really be a coin flip. Might depends on the weather. Say hi to Ralphie for me.
It’ll be interesting to see how those seismic retrofits work when the Hayward Fault tries to split the stadium in half.

Last edited:
It’ll be interesting to see how those seismic retrofits work when the Heyward fault tries to split the stadium in half.
Are you suggesting that having a massive fault line cross the middle of your stadium and playing field is not awesome? Yes, it should be very exciting during the Big One, which I assume will occur on the last play of the final game that would put Cal in the Rose Bowl. For what it's worth, the stadium is now on rollers and can handle 6' of lateral shifting thanks to our nifty fluid viscous dampers. We shall see.

Anyway, Cal put up a nice sign warning about the dangers of a major quake at Memorial Stadium right in front of the visitor's locker room this year. It was very considerate.

Are you suggesting that having a massive fault line cross the middle of your stadium and playing field is not awesome? Yes, it should be very exciting during the Big One, which I assume will occur on the last play of the final game that would put Cal in the Rose Bowl. For what it's worth, the stadium is now on rollers and can handle 6' of lateral shifting thanks to our nifty fluid viscous dampers. We shall see.

Anyway, Cal put up a nice sign warning about the dangers of a major quake at Memorial Stadium right in front of the visitor's locker room this year. It was very considerate.
Sounds like they cut it into independent sections with mat foundations on a surface with reduced friction. Hopefully a large quake doesn’t happen but it is considered a pretty dangerous fault.

Cal 24
CU 30

I'm holding out hope since it's a home game. But lose this game and the team is completely lost.

Hey what's with all the free speech controversy going on at Berkeley? What's the deal with that whole thing?
Turns out we are much less excited about free speech when it’s comimg from people we disagree with.

Actually that’s not totally fair and mostly the way this was spun by (some of) the media. The Chancellor was actually hell bent on giving these folks who wanted to turn Cal into the poster child for liberal intolerance a forum - probably because she realized to do otherwise would give them exactly what they wanted. So Cal spent seven figures so the (alleged) pedophile with the funny last name... starts With a Y . . . rhymes with. . . actually probably rhymes with absolutely nothing . . . yeah him . . . could come have his photo taken and jet on out.

The City Of Berkeley, however, was not down with (alleged) pedophile guy or really anyone else to the right of Mao coming and giving speeches and costing them a bunch of money for security. But for the events on campus the City didn’t get a vote.

But you notice this whole thing disappeared as soon as the Chancellor said anyone can come and speak regardless of ideology as long as you fill out your paperwork and pay the fees. Turns out actually speaking was way less than exciting than giving interviews about how you weren’t being allowed to speak.

So we’re back to doing our Berkeley thing . . building yurts, sourcing free range vegetables, criminalizing soda and finding ways to lose football games in heartbreaking fashion. All good.

Turns out we are much less excited about free speech when it’s comimg from people we disagree with.

Actually that’s not totally fair and mostly the way this was spun by (some of) the media. The Chancellor was actually hell bent on giving these folks who wanted to turn Cal into the poster child for liberal intolerance a forum - probably because she realized to do otherwise would give them exactly what they wanted. So Cal spent seven figures so the (alleged) pedophile with the funny last name... starts With a Y . . . rhymes with. . . actually probably rhymes with absolutely nothing . . . yeah him . . . could come have his photo taken and jet on out.

The City Of Berkeley, however, was not down with (alleged) pedophile guy or really anyone else to the right of Mao coming and giving speeches and costing them a bunch of money for security. But for the events on campus the City didn’t get a vote.

But you notice this whole thing disappeared as soon as the Chancellor said anyone can come and speak regardless of ideology as long as you fill out your paperwork and pay the fees. Turns out actually speaking was way less than exciting than giving interviews about how you weren’t being allowed to speak.

So we’re back to doing our Berkeley thing . . building yurts, sourcing free range vegetables, criminalizing soda and finding ways to lose football games in heartbreaking fashion. All good.
:ROFLMAO: Interesting.

Good luck Saturday, both of us need the win pretty badly, so hopefully it'll be a good game.

Even if the WSU score finished the same, but Mac hadn't continually lost his s*** on the sideline and they hadn't made the QB change I would be much more optimistic. As a longtime coach however, I know those are not good signs that all is well behind the scenes. Home game or not, mediocre opponent or not, I think practice this week will likely be "interesting". Despite all of our ranting and railing, Montez has to start.

Noyer starting: CAL 27 CU 17
Montez starting: CU 30 CAL 27

Cloven Hooves 17
Apex Predators 19

Oh wait, it’s CU homecoming week and all of our key players are injured.

Colorado Hippies 21
California Hippies 28

Back