What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chris Fowler SUCKS!!!!

Yeah I know, but a lot of good it does. He certainly doesnt throw us a bone. Hell the Soth Park guys are much bigger fans. He's been so far up Corso's ass he's forgotten hos roots. I use to defend him thinkng he was just trying to stay neutral, but now I dont see him even remotely care about CU. There have been ample opportunities for him to stick up for CU while not looking like he's favoring us but he just lets the other 2 turds bash CU.

Now I have no insight on his relationship, if any, with the school on a personal note, but there sure doesnt seem like there's any loyalty left in him.

I think it's the persona that he has created on Gameday. The other two are homers through and through. He has set himself up as the straight laced go between.

Read his personal list of greatest moments (published this week):
Chris Fowler's take

Yeah I know, but a lot of good it does. He certainly doesnt throw us a bone. Hell the Soth Park guys are much bigger fans. He's been so far up Corso's ass he's forgotten hos roots. I use to defend him thinkng he was just trying to stay neutral, but now I dont see him even remotely care about CU. There have been ample opportunities for him to stick up for CU while not looking like he's favoring us but he just lets the other 2 turds bash CU.

Now I have no insight on his relationship, if any, with the school on a personal note, but there sure doesnt seem like there's any loyalty left in him.

i LOVE that stampede logo. where the heck did it come from and who did it? AWESOME work! :thumbsup:

That's because if it SEEMED like there was, he would make a lot less money.

Are you willing to jeopardize your job so that everybody can see what a big fan you are?

Please do not say he sucks around here. Never doubt his loyalty. When I was in school during the 80s, ESPN was in town for a game and you could just see the pride in Fowler's expression and hear it in his voice. He loves Boulder and loves the Buffs and bleeds black and gold just like the rest of us (CSU Husker not included).

He has a job to do and makes a very good living at it. Don't get mad at him for doing it.

:stupid: good post. i like fowler. a lot. i think he does a fantastic job. we all like to bitch and moan how partisan or in the tank some reporters are for some teams (think holtz and notre dumb) and hope for some objectivity from them. we have threads about this. yet, when one of CU's own does exactly what we want from other talking heads some want to throw him under the bus? no thank you.

the guy has a job to do. he is more of a moderator in his position on gameday. over the years, he has thrown CU more than a few bones. i know he picked Klatt one week as a break out player (or something like that) for the weekend. corso and kirk were laughing at him while he said it. and Klatt did just that. he made CU his upset pick and CU did just that (cant remember the year or team).

you have to understand that his job is to be objective. he does it and does it well. you wanna be pissed at a CU alum in the media? go for rick reilly. he is a total ****ing sellout.

i LOVE that stampede logo. where the heck did it come from and who did it? AWESOME work! :thumbsup:

Just searched the internet for some cool Buff pics and found this one. No one was using it so I thought I'd use it for a while.

Like your avatar BTW. :thumbsup:

That's because if it SEEMED like there was, he would make a lot less money.

Are you willing to jeopardize your job so that everybody can see what a big fan you are?

I let everyone in my know how much of a fan I am. There is no doubt I "represent" to the point where I push the limits of a proper dress code. Most often done in subtle ways by I show the school colors.

Fowler could be a little more of homer and get away with it since tweedle dum and tweedle dumberer certainly play the part. I seriously doubt his job would be at risk.

Just searched the internet for some cool Buff pics and found this one. No one was using it so I thought I'd use it for a while.

Like your avatar BTW. :thumbsup:

Personnally I'm a fan of the pic of your wife in her buff shorts. :wink2:
(Okay, that may have been over the line but come on guys, I know you were thinking the same thing)

I totally agree with those that have stated that Fowler is a true buff, and does a great job in his position. In fact, he is probably the best college football analyst in the country and his objectivity is a part of that. As great as it would be, it's not his job to show favoritism just so we can have our proud moment watching the show.

Another angle that could be taken on this is that he took this as his only opportunity to let the country know that the buffs were playing their in-state rival tommorrow as we aren't getting pub for it anywhere else.

Another angle that could be taken on this is that he took this as his only opportunity to let the country know that the buffs were playing their in-state rival tommorrow as we aren't getting pub for it anywhere else.

Good point. I think he's got our back but he's very careful to do it in a way that won't look like he's a homer.

Personnally I'm a fan of the pic of your wife in her buff shorts. :wink2:
(Okay, that may have been over the line but come on guys, I know you were thinking the same thing)

Thanx. Thought I'd give that one a break. I'll bring her back in another pic later. :wink2:

Right now, I figured the Stampede pic represents how our Buffs need to start the season. :asskicking:

Look, I think Fowler use to mention the Buffs more in the past, certainly in the 90s, but in the last few years (could simply be because we need a resurgence) he let's those two peckerheads talk smack. He could defend us more as a MODERATOR and not seem as biased as those other 2.

Last edited:
Can we have a "Some douchebag media type said bad things about the Buffs" forum?

Yea, Fowler's role is more of the "reporter", the other 2 are like "columnists". And I think he does an excellent job of it. I like the fact that he's not a homer.

Thanx. Thought I'd give that one a break. I'll bring her back in another pic later. :wink2:

Right now, I figured the Stampede pic represents how our Buffs need to start the season. :asskicking:

You got that right! It's football time! Bring on the stampede!!
There will be plenty of time later to admire beautiful women (in a respectful way since they may be married to posters here) :lol:

You mean you didn't do the stampede logo? I though you did all sports logos! LOL

I agree. It's really tough to find images featuring "carniverous bison". I swear to God that thing eats meat!

Back to the topic at hand, CU Buffs behind the news/sports desk...

I noticed that Kevin Corke is holding down the desk at NBC as this weekend's news anchor. For those of you who didn't know him in school, Kevin is a true Buff fan who would never throw his school under the bus.

If you look at his history of assignments (Bush Whitehouse correspondant, weekend anchor) I suspect that he is upwardly mobile within the NBC News organization. Go Buffs!

In terms of other ESPN analysts, Todd McShay on the radio version of game day called for WVU to have 4 losses this season, the first of which would be at Folsom.

In terms of other ESPN analysts, Todd McShay on the radio version of game day called for WVU to have 4 losses this season, the first of which would be at Folsom.

I sure hope so. That would be very nice in front of a natl audience. :thumbsup:

Back