What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CJ on the 1510 AM this morning Nov 19, 2009

I think the announcement will happen this weekend and Hawkins will be allowed to coach against Nebraska. This is not a new strategy but one that has played out many times over the years. The players and coaches are allowed one last week to be together and work together. This will give Bohn a chance to get a new coach in here before finals are over and the new coach and players can meet with each other before they depart for the winter break. It also gives the new coach almost a full 2 months to get his staff together hold on to the recruits that have committed so far and add a few more that will match his style of play.

But then again I could be full of BS.

From Bohn's comments in the last Times Call artical, Hawkins wont be fired until after the NU game. Interviews and the hiring of a HC will take place between end of season and bowl games. If we hire a coach currently employed, he won't be avalible until after the team he coaches for is done for the season. The new hire will put a recruiting team together until he is avalible. I think Bohn will try to find "the right guy" not someone who is availible quickly.

You will hurt recruiting so much more if you wait until after the senior dinner to fire Dan and start interviewing candidates. I think this is done on Friday if we lose-- and I have no doubt that that is the most likely outcome of the game.

And by hurting, I mean by the time you hire the coach, he gets his assistants set, and they get a gameplan for recruiting you give them only a month or so to recruit. The new staff will need longer than that; and I don't think that you hinder thier efforts just to make Dan feel more comfortable at the senior dinner (except Cody is not a Senior-- so would they go anyway?) I guess everyone would, but would expect not all parents to go to that one, just the Seniors parents.

What about the list of recruits coming to the NU game. Wouldn't it be slightly better for them to have a program in place, staff actually at Dal Ward and not packing up boxes, generally an official visit that runs smoothly? I'd wait until after NU if a change is made.

What about the list of recruits coming to the NU game. Wouldn't it be slightly better for them to have a program in place, staff actually at Dal Ward and not packing up boxes, generally an official visit that runs smoothly? I'd wait until after NU if a change is made.

We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

bobs.jpg

:lol: Hey, AJ, did I really say what you have in your sig?

Back