What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cliniced

OUBuff

American
I had to laugh...
Mike from Denver writes: Wow, what a joke of a blog. Did you even watch the CSU/cu game last year? The Rams DOMINATED the second half of that game on both sides of the ball. It wasn't even close. And the Rams HAD the lead through the 3rd quarter and MOST of the 4th. Jesus stop making stuff up. It is embarrassing.

Ted Miller: Yes, I watched the game. No, I'm not embarrassed. It is factually incorrect to say that a 22-17 game "wasn't even close."

The offending passage for Mike likely is this
As for Colorado, it's pretty simple. If the Buffaloes had made plays in the fourth quarter of a game [against Colorado State] they seemed poised to take control of, it's possible that Jon Embree would still be the head coach, not Mike MacIntyre.

So, what's the source of the phrase "seemed poised to take control of"?

It's nothing less than... the game's play-by-play!

On the final play of the third quarter, Colorado linebacker Derrick Webb sacked Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson, forcing the Rams to punt from their own 17-yard line. Marques Moseley returned that punt 24 yards to the Rams 35-yard line.

The Buffaloes drive stalled at the Rams 13, and Will Oliver kicked a 30-yard field goal. Colorado jumped ahead 17-16 to start the fourth quarter.

So "poised to take control of" is a pretty fair description of the situation, as is noting that the Buffaloes didn't win because they didn't make plays in the fourth quarter, such as that final drive that ended on the Rams 39-yard line.

Mike from Denver pretty much sums up everything we've said about CSU fans all along, no?

Arguing with CSU fans is like trying to make sense out of what a homeless dude in the park is talking about. They don't see things the same as anyone else.

I am now waiting for them to try to argue that they are as good as K-State and belong in the Big 12 because they both lost to NDSU so that means they are equal to the Kitties.

Back