What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clownahan firing and effect on recruits...

Dude - Go easy on our rival posters. This ain't Netbuffs -We welcome folks from other teams if they play nice. Besides, Bigrediowan has over 300 times as many posts as you at this point. :huh:

Thank you sir. I have always tried to be respectful here and have only snapped back when snapped at. Me and a few people get into it every now and again, but if anything it's for a good laugh and we are all passionate about our team. :thumbsup:

I can read...IOWA, home of corn and ethanol production.

Thanks!

Actually Des Moines is a nice city and perfect place to raise a family. Colorado is the same way. We may not have the mountains and the views, but I'm happy here. It's a city that is growing by leaps and bounds and has major companies flocking to this area. The city of Des Moines including it's suburbs is approaching around 600,000 to 700,000 people. So, it is no Denver, but it is a nice sized city. Call me a hick if you want, but it won't accomplish anything.

You can welcome all the folks you want...I dont have to welcome anybody. Further, this has become a new user name...I have as many if not more posts then he does.

And for the record...I played football at CU, I can say whatever I want.

For the further record...we had a winning record versus kNU while I was playing.

Go Buffs.

Well aren't you making your fans proud then by coming on here and immediately resorting to name calling and treating a rival fan who is respectful like this. I feel bad for Buff fans who get a bad name from people like yourself. If you've posted under another name before why aren't you using it now? Did you do something wrong or did you just forget your name?

You can welcome all the folks you want...I dont have to welcome anybody. Further, this has become a new user name...I have as many if not more posts then he does.

And for the record...I played football at CU, I can say whatever I want.

For the further record...we had a winning record versus kNU while I was playing.

Go Buffs.

I think you are full of sheet. If you have posted here before, I can guess which name(s) you used. Don't act like you are the moderator here, since you still have single digit posts, and don't neg rep me just for telling you that we don't do grade school smack around here. :finger:

Okay well if we can get back to what this thread was originally about. I think Callahan being fired is obviously going to hurt recruiting some and the kids that stay committed to us are probably loyal to Nebraska because they have wanted to play here for sometime. T.O. may save a few of the recruits, like Trevor Robinson, from committing to other schools, but as one poster said kids from California are probably going to have no clue who he is.

I think you are full of sheet. If you have posted here before, I can guess which name(s) you used. Don't act like you are the moderator here, since you still have single digit posts, and don't neg rep me just for telling you that we don't do grade school smack around here. :finger:

He tried the same thing with me however he didn't have any effect on my reputation due to the fact that he is still so new. :lol:

Okay well if we can get back to what this thread was originally about. I think Callahan being fired is obviously going to hurt recruiting some and the kids that stay committed to us are probably loyal to Nebraska because they have wanted to play here for sometime. T.O. may save a few of the recruits, like Trevor Robinson, from committing to other schools, but as one poster said kids from California are probably going to have no clue who he is.

and that is why he is staying in state (yes and Iowa) to recruit. nuff said! :thumbsup:

Thank you sir. I have always tried to be respectful here and have only snapped back when snapped at. Me and a few people get into it every now and again, but if anything it's for a good laugh and we are all passionate about our team. :thumbsup:

bull****, unless u are the fake TO

You are missing the point of his post. It's not that anyone here (at least not me) thinks that TO will stick around as head coach. I understand exactly why he named himself interim HC.

While Nebraska fans fall to the ground and wet their pants whenever his name is mentioned, most people (especially young people) barely know who he is. So what good is it going to do to have TO running around the country recruiting for his program that has no HC and no staff? I suspect not much.

seems he is focusing on the homegrown kids and it is having the desired affect. A local icon keeping the roots to the program intact.

Recruits enjoy visits from Osborne
BY BRENT C. WAGNER / Lincoln Journal Star
Friday, Nov 30, 2007 - 01:12:16 am CST
Sean Fisher skipped out of part of calculus class Thursday morning.

“It was kind of nice,” the Nebraska football recruit from Millard North High School said.

His reason for getting out of class wasn’t too shabby, either. You know, just talking some football with Tom Osborne.

Nebraska’s interim athletic director planned to recruit a few days this week, after passing a NCAA certification test that allows him to make visits.

Osborne talked with one-time Nebraska commit Trevor Robinson of Elkhorn on Thursday evening. Wade Robinson, the player’s father, confirmed Osborne visited their home, but declined further comment.

Lincoln Southwest’s Baker Steinkuhler previously spoke with Osborne on the phone, but said he has has no plans for an Osborne visit.

Fisher learned earlier this week Osborne wanted to speak with him.

“I was kind of excited,” Fisher said. “Obviously, he’s had a great deal of success, and it’s pretty cool to talk to somebody who won national championships.”

The 20-minute meeting at Millard North included NU assistant coach Shawn Watson, Millard North coach Fred Petitio and Fisher’s teammate, Brian Thorson, who has committed to Buffalo.

It will come as no surprise that Osborne wasn’t saying who the new Nebraska coach would be, although there was still a buzz in the hallways upon Osborne’s arrival. His message?

“He just wanted me to know that the coaching thing would be figured out shortly, and we’d have more contact once that happens,” Fisher said.

It was the first time Fisher had met Osborne. He was in awe of Osborne at first, but soon it was like talking with any other football coach.

Fisher mostly listened, but Osborne asked if Fisher remains fully committed to the Huskers. What was he going to do, tell Osborne no?
“The biggest thing for me is I just want to get the coaching thing figured out, so I can start to establish a relationship with whoever the new staff is,” Fisher said.

Omaha Westside running back Collins Okafor received a call from Osborne on Wednesday. They made no plans to meet in person, but Okafor looks forward to meeting the new coach to talk about what offense Nebraska may run.

“It was just like any other Nebraskan would tell you it was to talk to Tom Osborne — it was great,” Okafor said. “I’m sure he’ll pick the right guy for the job.”

Last edited:
seems he is focusing on the homegrown kids and it is having the desired affect. A local icon keeping the roots to the program intact.

Recruits enjoy visits from Osborne
BY BRENT C. WAGNER / Lincoln Journal Star
Friday, Nov 30, 2007 - 01:12:16 am CST
Sean Fisher skipped out of part of calculus class Thursday morning.

“It was kind of nice,” the Nebraska football recruit from Millard North High School said.

His reason for getting out of class wasn’t too shabby, either. You know, just talking some football with Tom Osborne.

Nebraska’s interim athletic director planned to recruit a few days this week, after passing a NCAA certification test that allows him to make visits.

Osborne talked with one-time Nebraska commit Trevor Robinson of Elkhorn on Thursday evening. Wade Robinson, the player’s father, confirmed Osborne visited their home, but declined further comment.

Lincoln Southwest’s Baker Steinkuhler previously spoke with Osborne on the phone, but said he has has no plans for an Osborne visit.

Fisher learned earlier this week Osborne wanted to speak with him.

“I was kind of excited,” Fisher said. “Obviously, he’s had a great deal of success, and it’s pretty cool to talk to somebody who won national championships.”

The 20-minute meeting at Millard North included NU assistant coach Shawn Watson, Millard North coach Fred Petitio and Fisher’s teammate, Brian Thorson, who has committed to Buffalo.

It will come as no surprise that Osborne wasn’t saying who the new Nebraska coach would be, although there was still a buzz in the hallways upon Osborne’s arrival. His message?

“He just wanted me to know that the coaching thing would be figured out shortly, and we’d have more contact once that happens,” Fisher said.

It was the first time Fisher had met Osborne. He was in awe of Osborne at first, but soon it was like talking with any other football coach.

Fisher mostly listened, but Osborne asked if Fisher remains fully committed to the Huskers. What was he going to do, tell Osborne no?
“The biggest thing for me is I just want to get the coaching thing figured out, so I can start to establish a relationship with whoever the new staff is,” Fisher said.

Omaha Westside running back Collins Okafor received a call from Osborne on Wednesday. They made no plans to meet in person, but Okafor looks forward to meeting the new coach to talk about what offense Nebraska may run.

“It was just like any other Nebraskan would tell you it was to talk to Tom Osborne — it was great,” Okafor said. “I’m sure he’ll pick the right guy for the job.”

Give me a *%$#ing break. Of course some kid born and raised in Nebraska is going to know about TO and think he is god. What else do you expect an interview from a Nebraska kid to look like? When you dig up a similar article from a kid in LA or Miami come back and talk to me.

Give me a *%$#ing break. Of course some kid born and raised in Nebraska is going to know about TO and think he is god. What else do you expect an interview from a Nebraska kid to look like? When you dig up a similar article from a kid in LA or Miami come back and talk to me.

you are correct sir, thats my point.... those (outstate kids) are not the kids he is going after. he is re-establishing the home grown roots. I do not disagree with you about the out-state kids not knowing exactly who he is and what he has done in the past. there will be no articles to post about those type of kids because that is not what TO is doing, no new recruits, no out of state (or midwest anyway).

Last edited:
you are correct sir, thats my point.... those (outstate kids) are not the kids he is going after. he is re-establishing the home grown roots. I do not disagree with you about the out-state kids not knowing exactly who he is and what he has done in the past. there will be no articles to post about those type of kids because that is not what TO is doing, no new recruits, no out of state (or midwest anyway).

But most of these home grown kids would go to Nebraska if Freddy Krueger was the coach. So what difference is TO really going to make? Unless you really believe that there is enough talent in Nebraska and the surrounding state to field a successful team year in and year out.

Just curious but how many top tier football players left the state under Cally? Is there really a need to close the border?

But most of these home grown kids would go to Nebraska if Freddy Krueger was the coach. So what difference is TO really going to make? Unless you really believe that there is enough talent in Nebraska and the surrounding state to field a successful team year in and year out.

Just curious but how many top tier football players left the state under Cally? Is there really a need to close the border?
IMHO there are as good of linemen coming out of HS ranks this year as in any class of the last 15 yrs. OL Trevor Robinson is a decommit, RB Okafor was stated to be looking again after a comment he made live on "big red wrap-up" Tuesday night.... all TO is doing is shoring up lose ends and it appears to be working. As far as who left under BC, there is a lineman at both Iowa and Miami that NU wishes they had this year (from memory) and a couple who washed out at KSU that could have walked-on under a more in-state friendly staff. ISU has several as well that fit that bill. BC did a good job as a recruiter but did damage in-state ties initially that were just starting to come back around. not looking for a drama case here NW.... all I am saying is TO is putting his best foot forward and helping where he can to keep as many commits committed to NU until the new staff can take up the charge.

Does anyone in fuskerville think that TO is overdoing his focus on football a little bit by appointing himself interim head coach and then hitting the recruiting trail? I cannot think of another time when an AD has done such a thing. I mean, damn, he's the interim AD for the whole school. Shouldn't he be trying to turn the whole department around, hustling boosters for bucks and searching for his permanent replacement? Where's his vision for the department? What long term plans is he generating that will drive the strategy for the department for the next 10 years? Yes, hire a football coach but shouldn't he be focusing on bigger issues?

As a totally biased observer who is trying to be unbiased it seems to me that there is a huuuuuuuge TO ego thing going on here. To me his actions are saying "I don't think anyone can get the football team back to health but me. No one is competent enough and I don't trust them with my football program so I'm going to do it myself even if that means I have to neglect the needs of all the other sports in the program and all my other interim AD duties. I'm going to go out and get the kids I want even though I'm not going to be the 'head coach' because I'm going to make sure the head coach I hire does everything I say anyway. The only thing that matters is knebraska football and I am knebrask football so the only thing that matters is me."

Just my biased opinion but seriously, any of you fusker fans afraid TO may have trouble letting the reigns go when your new HC shows up? Is your new guy destined to fail because TO's never going give him enough breathing room to do it the new coach's way? All you fusker fans seem to be cheering that TO is hitting the recruiting trail but if I were you I'd be a little bit worried by that move.

I find it surprising how much you are trying to act like his mother

really? how is that being as i have not talked to him at all?

did i hurt your feelings? I can stick up for myself, but i appreciate someone else owning you, while sticking up for me.

yep. you did. he had to attempt to figure out geneology instead of taking his lumps with respect to football.

to be perfectly clear, i am not sticking up for anybody else so much as i am challenging his opinions.

First post huh??? If you look at our board I greet buff fans with open arms.

so? do you think you need a star for that? or a chest to pin it on? you do not get to dictate how other people treat you on a rival board.

if you can remember, it was your transparent fakey approach here at the beginning that has me skeptical about everything you say. while you claimed to respect the buffs, you were edgy and seemed to smooch too much buffalo butt. then lo and behold, you admitted that when you first came here you did not like us. it was not terribly suprising to see the admission.

Really so your saying that Buff fans don't live in the past?!

already trying to erase last week, huh? :lol: scoreboard.

Well aren't you making your fans proud then by coming on here and immediately resorting to name calling and treating a rival fan who is respectful like this. I feel bad for Buff fans who get a bad name from people like yourself. If you've posted under another name before why aren't you using it now? Did you do something wrong or did you just forget your name?

wow. who sounds like the mommie?

Is 82/twoadays back again?

i thought ocho was a music student at unt, as evidenced by his email addy and what he claimed?

But most of these home grown kids would go to Nebraska if Freddy Krueger was the coach.

:lol: classic.

I am just glad Callahan landed a new job! I see he opened up a new business with all those millions he got from Nebraska! :lol:

callahanqw5.png

I am just glad Callahan landed a new job! I see he opened up a new business with all those millions he got from Nebraska! :lol:

callahanqw5.png

I could .... almost.... rep you.... it is as funny as the current events surrounding the corn.... I just hope Dr. Tom isnt focusing to much on the football program and all the problems there that he ignores the lady husker volleyball program and it goes in the dumps now. I'd hate to see another "storied" tradition at knu go down the drain. so to speak.... :thumbsup:

OTT is Over the Top

You probably got negative reped for being an NU fan. Welcome to the madness.

i am not sure that he got neg repped for being a fusker; but he could have got neg repped BY a fusker.

i am guessing the OTT sentiment that wound up the little red vagina commission was TO's (the poster) opinion that TO (the red clad loon) was a pedophile and snickering that he was trying to save the nu "program". whatever TO's handle was, it was changed. if you look at the post history, it is discussed by lt col and to.

there is one poster in particular who neg reps on the grounds of something said about the red being OTT. one who welcomes rival posters with open arms to his board, but think it matters when he neg reps on rival boards.

oh, the entertainment. :lol:

Back