What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach K is gonna sit.

BuffLuke80

Club Member
Club Member
He has a bad back. I'm thinking he's about to shut it down for good. It seems like it anyway.

A very odd season for Duke... ...but if K comes back, along with Giles fully healthy and game ready by March...Duke is still going to be scary. This also will be a glimpse to the future, because if Capel gets the team playing great, then the general, unsubstantiated belief that he is in the driving seat to replace K is all of the sudden more real.

Fwiw - K has said he feel great and wants to keep coaching. I hate Calipari for various reasons, some I admit to being purely fanatical and illogical, but he had a podcast with K recently. If you love ball, I recommend listening to it.

Where is the podcast? With K, I know he loves it. I just hope he knows when it's time, I'm sure he does. He's a hell of a coach, one of the best ever.

The dropoff in team performance when his back caused him to miss a season last time and almost caused his early retirement was dramatic. Gave me a much greater appreciation on how well K manages a game and, especially, end-game situations. Huge loss for Duke. Bigger than I think people fully realize. Capel was very mediocre at VCU and Oklahoma as an in-game coach.

The dropoff in team performance when his back caused him to miss a season last time and almost caused his early retirement was dramatic. Gave me a much greater appreciation on how well K manages a game and, especially, end-game situations. Huge loss for Duke. Bigger than I think people fully realize. Capel was very mediocre at VCU and Oklahoma as an in-game coach.
that season gave me an appreciation for the impact that coaches have in the college game.

Where is the podcast? With K, I know he loves it. I just hope he knows when it's time, I'm sure he does. He's a hell of a coach, one of the best ever.

The podcast is called Cal Cast and is from Dec 20. Nothing really earth shattering was shared, but just fun stories about bball.

**** Duke

The hate runs deeper in you this year than previously...perhaps bc you see how dangerous the team at full health is...either way, Go Buffs!

The podcast is called Cal Cast and is from Dec 20. Nothing really earth shattering was shared, but just fun stories about bball.

The hate runs deeper in you this year than previously...perhaps bc you see how dangerous the team at full health is...either way, Go Buffs!

Tony Bennett is here to stay long after K is gone. Watch out, buddy :)

Tony Bennett is here to stay long after K is gone. Watch out, buddy :)
Bennett is a fantastic coach. I hope you lock him down for life and rename the court after him.

and besides TB being a great coach in his own-right, the contrast between him and Buzz will give the media and the fans a plethora of talking points as VT/UVA becomes the dominant ACC basketball rivalry over the next decade.

Bennett is a fantastic coach. I hope you lock him down for life and rename the court after him.

and besides TB being a great coach in his own-right, the contrast between him and Buzz will give the media and the fans a plethora of talking points as VT/UVA becomes the dominant ACC basketball rivalry over the next decade.

We're about to have some battles, but remember: Hoops is ours ;)

Back