What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

He’s so full of sh*t its not funny. He judged everyone of those players that he cut.
Bruh. He evaluated every player and objectively decided whether they were talented enough to compete at this level or if they had the character to fit the team environment.

He didn’t “judge” them without watching their performance on and off the field. Judging implies that you allow your first impression to form your opinion of that individual before you truly know them.

Judging implies that you allow your first impression to form your opinion of that individual before you truly know them.

judge
verb
judged; judging

1: to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises
2: to form an estimate or evaluation of especially : to form a negative opinion about

I dont know where you came up with that definition of “judge” being so shallow but mine is no where near that.

He judged through his decision, that those players he evaluated were not worth keeping.

judge
verb
judged; judging

1: to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises
2: to form an estimate or evaluation of especially : to form a negative opinion about

I dont know where you came up with that definition of “judge” being so shallow but mine is no where near that.

He judged through his decision, that those players he evaluated were not worth keeping.

I think Bread's usage incorporated a more contemporary slang use of the term, best exemplified by phrases like "don't judge me!" Judgment in this context connotes something superficial and incorrect.

Yes, semantic discussions is what I'm here for!
Seriously though, if anyone read that and thought he meant you can never form an opinion about someone, they're being intentionally obtuse.
Comedy Reaction GIF by CBS

Prime in reference to the criticism from Pat Narduzzi about the transfer portal:
"If he (Narduzzi) walked in here with his coaching uniform on I wouldn't know who he is"....Sheeeeesh lol.

The whole thing is worth the watch, there's more context including Prime saying Colorado's situation is different than Pitts when Narduzzi came in so it isn't fair to criticize.

the general theme of "sure, it's allowed by the rules but I still have a problem with you trying so hard to win" is BS.

I felt the same way when people complained about the NE Patriots ineligible receiver controversy against Baltimore. I didn't fault Belicheck for exploiting the loop hole, I got angry at my team's coaching staff for not thinking of it first.

Narduzzi should look at how he can make better use of the portal instead of publicly calling out Sanders for doing too good a job with it.

it's misplaced to blame a coach for doing everything within the rules to win. don't like the rules, get them changed.

the general theme of "sure, it's allowed by the rules but I still have a problem with you trying so hard to win" is BS.

I felt the same way when people complained about the NE Patriots ineligible receiver controversy against Baltimore. I didn't fault Belicheck for exploiting the loop hole, I got angry at my team's coaching staff for not thinking of it first.

Narduzzi should look at how he can make better use of the portal instead of publicly calling out Sanders for doing too good a job with it.

it's misplaced to blame a coach for doing everything within the rules to win. don't like the rules, get them changed.
Thinking about this, it would be awesome if they changed the rule that restricted transfers and the portal BECAUSE of Coach Sanders and all of a sudden all of the players here at CU would be stuck and COULDN’T transfer.

A pretty good, long article from the WP- which has good introductory subscription deals.

I wasn't aware they 'rated' potential season ticket holders.

normal amount of sour grapes

Interesting

So when the school hired Sanders, with demand for tickets far outpacing supply, the athletic department was determined to avoid a similar fiasco. Which fans had earned the right to buy tickets? Instead of the classic first-come, first-served model, how could Colorado weed out the type of ticket holder who’d sell to Arizona or Oregon fans if the price was right?

The ticket sales department’s job, therefore, isn’t selling so much as it’s data mining and collecting information from would-be buyers. If someone attended a game in the last five years, when the Buffs went 19-34, or went to a volleyball or women’s basketball contest, they’d be given priority over someone who hadn’t.

I guess buying a few tickets straight from the AD when buddies came into town the past few years paid off.

Back