What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

Grits

sick cringe GIF
I'm guessing you're a taylor ham kinda guy.

Shrimp & grits is one of the best things ever. Lucille's does a good cheese grits for that.

For breakfast, I remember Murphy's doing them with their brunch and being pretty good.
Lucille's does a good job with grits. The problem with a lot of restaurants that offer grits in Colorado (there's more than you think) is they'll make a pot of grits and because they're not a great seller they sit on the stove all morning cooking all the starch out and thickening up. When an order comes in they add water to get them to the right consistency but because of the starch issue they're gross. My wife is like Coach Prime, she grades every breakfast restaurant not only if they offer grits but the quality of the grits. When she finds grits on the menu she asks two questions every time. Are they instant? and if not how long have they been sitting on the stove? If that've been sitting more than 20 min. she will ask if they can make a fresh batch and if they're instant she orders hash browns and we usually don't go back. Many times restaurants will happily make a fresh pot. Grits are cheap.

Anyone who doesn't like grits probably hasn't had them done right. One of my favorite breakfasts:
Grits with salt, butter and a little cheese
Eggs
Bacon, sausage or ham
Toast or bagel

Sugar on grits is an abomination. Eat Malt-O-Meal or Cream of Wheat if you want sweet.

What's crazy about Pasta Jay's is that I've been disappointed when I've gone there but loved the food when they catered a Buffs event at the Broomfield Event Center. I've always wondered if they switch things up when it's for CU (recruits, coaches, booster event).

speaking of Italian restaurants, crazy but Ft Lupton has a this really good place-sucks that it's a 30 min drive from Longmont

Back