What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

The appeal of Deion to CU was an immediate boost on profile, recruiting profile, and national headlines.

TAMU wouldn't benefit in recruiting from his hire because they can already buy anyone and would be going way out on a limb in regards to actual coaching ability. I honestly don't think any top flight, established assistants want to coach under Prime.

Prime has made his P5 Splash
He owns the program in every single facet possible with no pushback or booster interference
His profile is as high as it will get, and his merch is at the top of the pinnacle
Moving to TAM would create no benefit from most angles, besides salary and NIL
He would then have to play in a tougher league to get to the CFP
And finally, would he not look like a quitter, and that is not something CP would ever want to be called

I think it's highly unlikely that Prime leaves this offseason. He still has one more year to coach with Shedeur and Shilo, and they can't transfer elsewhere and play next year. Also, I don't think big time programs are going after a coach with a 4-6 FBS record.

If we have a great 2024, then I could see him being a hot candidate next offseason, especially with his sons on the way out. But Prime leaving now just doesn't make much sense at the moment.

No, unless they graduate this spring.

But also to note Shedeur and Travis won’t be at CU in 2025 either.
I don't think the transfer rule applies when you transfer from a HBCU to D-I. I believe (and may be wrong), that you get a one time transfer between D-I programs, and that if a player transfers up, such as from HBCU to D-I, or down, such as from D-I to D-II there is no penalty or usage of the one-time transfer. So in that sense they have not used the transfer yet. Again, I think that is how it works.

I don't think the transfer rule applies when you transfer from a HBCU to D-I. I believe (and may be wrong), that you get a one time transfer between D-I programs, and that if a player transfers up, such as from HBCU to D-I, or down, such as from D-I to D-II there is no penalty or usage of the one-time transfer. So in that sense they have not used the transfer yet. Again, I think that is how it works.
I’m pretty sure the SWAC is D1.

Any transfer between 4 year schools counts as a one time transfer.

If you transfer from a four year school to a two year JUCO school for a year and then back to a four year school, you don’t need to sit out at either spot.

So yes, Shedeur and Travis would both need to sit out

I don't believe that's how it works. Tez Walker went from HBCU to Kent to UNC.

That said, Wilkerson went from HBCU to West Virginia back to HBCU to CU and never missed a thing

The NCAA is picky. It's all about who sees the waiver as the processor.

That said, hard to imagine 2 or 12 not getting a waiver. ESPN didn't pay the SEC all that money to be without the two biggest stars in the sport. Shilo is a graduate. He can do whatever. There is a great chance 2 will be on the cover of College Football 2025. So if 2 stays in college football, I doubt they would rule him ineligible.

I don't believe that's how it works. Tez Walker went from HBCU to Kent to UNC.

That said, Wilkerson went from HBCU to West Virginia back to HBCU to CU and never missed a thing

The NCAA is picky. It's all about who sees the waiver as the processor.

That said, hard to imagine 2 or 12 not getting a waiver. ESPN didn't pay the SEC all that money to be without the two biggest stars in the sport. Shilo is a graduate. He can do whatever. There is a great chance 2 will be on the cover of College Football 2025. So if 2 stays in college football, I doubt they would rule him ineligible.
Didn’t they just change the rules back to a one-time transfer this year?

Any transfer between 4 year schools counts as a one time transfer.

If you transfer from a four year school to a two year JUCO school for a year and then back to a four year school, you don’t need to sit out at either spot.

So yes, Shedeur and Travis would both need to sit out
Does that rule still count if the Head Coach leaves? I thought there was an exception.

Does that rule still count if the Head Coach leaves? I thought there was an exception.
Unless they amended this from March, no, you can't transfer again even with a coaching change.

Doesn't seem like it's allowed but of course the biggest item here:

Each waiver request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis,

That said, they allowed Wilkerson to transfer from four schools no losing eligibility but Tyler Brown and Troure couldn't. Then again, they came down hard on Tez Walker till the lawyers and NC governor got involved.

Considering the names being mentioned, ESPN, advertisers, and media have a lot at stake. While this might mean Alto or Cam Silmon-Craig can't transfer without sitting out, 2 and 12 are faces of college football, I don't believe they will be judged by the same standards if it was to ever come down to it which I don’t expect. Way too much money involved with those two.

For as much as we love Tyler Brown, no one was going out of their way for his eligibility. No one outside of Tyler Brown.

Funny how people are chatting up the bad stuff. Yet, here is a coach that went 4-8 with a recent historically bad program, that was cobbled together in about eight months - staff to team. No coaching experience at this level. Comes out hot, beating a ranked team at their house during a sweltering late summer afternoon in TX. Beat “rivals” in sequential weeks.

He brought hope and sunshine too. Got a walk on in a national ad campaign.

Now here he is a week or so from premiering the second season of his show on fricking Amazon Prime.

Not sure why NIL funding is hard to secure in this kind of opportunity.

Master Plan Bladesmiths GIF by DefyTV

The exhibition of impatience when sharing a post about patience?
I guess I don't take the punctuality comments as a sign of impatience as much as a message about accountability
<div style="width:360px;max-width:100%;"><div style="height:0;padding-bottom:75%;position:relative;"><iframe width="360" height="270" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameBorder="0" src="https://imgflip.com/embed/19vvwf"></iframe></div><p><a href="https://imgflip.com/gif/19vvwf">via Imgflip</a></p></div>
Interesting point, but you could've stated it better

Back