What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime's "Purpose" in Boulder

I think it’s a combination of a lot of what you have posted but Prime’s purpose is to win a NC. In a sport that is 65/70% AA no black coach has won a NC. It would change the paradigm.
This is interesting. I wonder if it matters to him where he wins it. If somehow the impact is more meaningful outside of the usual three or four teams that win College Football Championships, and if winning it in a really white town is at all relevant to this mission.

Prime’s purpose has nothing to do with football. Either you get it or you don’t.
Jerry Seinfeld Eye Roll GIF by HULU

This is interesting. I wonder if it matters to him where he wins it. If somehow the impact is more meaningful outside of the usual three or four teams that win College Football Championships, and if winning it in a really white town is at all relevant to this mission.
It’s one thing to win a Natty at one of those 3/4 schools, it’s a whole different level to win one at the worst P5 school.

Prime’s purpose has nothing to do with football. Either you get it or you don’t.
Like we had with Coach Mac. Football was the gift and the platform.

This, as an aside, is why I think speculation on how long Coach Prime will stay is people making guesses with little value. He's marching to a different drummer. So he could be here for 2 years or 20. He could do something completely unexpected like retiring as the football coach, becoming AD & baseball coach, buying & moving a minor league baseball team to Boulder, and sharing the stadium complex with new CU baseball & softball programs. It's completely unpredictable.

Like we had with Coach Mac. Football was the gift and the platform.

This, as an aside, is why I think speculation on how long Coach Prime will stay is people making guesses with little value. He's marching to a different drummer. So he could be here for 2 years or 20. He could do something completely unexpected like retiring as the football coach, becoming AD & baseball coach, buying & moving a minor league baseball team to Boulder, and sharing the stadium complex with new CU baseball & softball programs. It's completely unpredictable.

I believe Coach would say something along the lines of, “this is so much bigger than one man.”
I could be wrong though and do not want to imply I know his thoughts or motivations. Just a guess.

I’ll ask both of the same thing I repeatedly asked PAHI before I gave up and threatened to kick his ass: Please don’t speak for my intentions.
So... in a thread where you are literally asking for people to speculate about the intentions of someone else, you take offense at people speculating about your own intentions?

I will grant that PAHI went way too far with that presumption and needed to be called out, but your skin might be a little too thin here given, well, the entire premise of the thread you started...

So... in a thread where you are literally asking for people to speculate about the intentions of someone else, you take offense at people speculating about your own intentions?

I will grant that PAHI went way too far with that presumption and needed to be called out, but your skin might be a little too thin here given, well, the entire premise of the thread you started...
There’s a pretty big difference between speculating what someone’s intentions are based on what they’ve said and telling someone that they are insincere based on something they said.

I’ll ask both of the same thing I repeatedly asked PAHI before I gave up and threatened to kick his ass: Please don’t speak for my intentions.

I actually don’t start a lot of new threads and genuinely believe we have too many Prime threads. I gave a lot of thought before starting this one and was genuinely sorry for starting a new one AND I felt it was distinct enough to warrant a new thread. Both things can be true.

Thanks to those that responded that weren’t ****ing assholes.
Popeye GIF

also, i am going to offer the kenny v. pati casa bonita dust up on PPV. it will be the best 50 bucks you ever spent for 15 seconds of joy (and yes i am including that one time in vegas too).

also, i am going to offer the kenny v. pati casa bonita dust up on PPV. it will be the best 50 bucks you ever spent for 15 seconds of joy (and yes i am including that one time in vegas too).
My appearance fee is $25,000 and 20% of the gate.....

Back