What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach to Player Radio Apparently On Its Way

Jayne Cobb

One Damn Dirty Ape
Club Member
Apparently the NCAA is poised to enact a few new rules.

Among them:

Allowing a coach to speak to a radio receiver in the helmet of one player to signal in plays, with the radio cutting off with 15 seconds left on the play clock.

Allowing the use of tablets on the sideline to show replays of the game for coaching players.

Instituting a 2 minute warning at in the second and fourth quarters.

I like the first one, especially in light of the Michigan sign stealing scandal, but in up tempo teams will still have to signal in plays at least for the receivers, especially in loud environments.

The second one makes sense. I cant think of a reason against it.

But the 2 minute warning? I thought they were trying to make the games shorter? That one is a head scratcher for me.

Apparently the NCAA is poised to enact a few new rules.

Among them:

Allowing a coach to speak to a radio receiver in the helmet of one player to signal in plays, with the radio cutting off with 15 seconds left on the play clock.

Allowing the use of tablets on the sideline to show replays of the game for coaching players.

Instituting a 2 minute warning at in the second and fourth quarters.

I like the first one, especially in light of the Michigan sign stealing scandal, but in up tempo teams will still have to signal in plays at least for the receivers, especially in loud environments.

The second one makes sense. I cant think of a reason against it.

But the 2 minute warning? I thought they were trying to make the games shorter? That one is a head scratcher for me.
No 2-minute warning needed
Please do not do that

Next rule change I'd like to see is for players to have to be ruled down by contact. It makes no sense that college players are down regardless of a defender forcing them down.
I'd like to see the NFL's XP distance in CFB. Miss rate would be high enough to make it a legitimate difficulty level for a scoring play and cause a more exciting game - including that teams would go for 2 more often.

I'd like to see the NFL's XP distance in CFB. Miss rate would be high enough to make it a legitimate difficulty level for a scoring play and cause a more exciting game - including that teams would go for 2 more often.
Kickers will love you for this suggestion and the NIL it will drive for them if it gets implemented.

Back