What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel in full spin...

What assistants are out there that may get a look at one of the bigger jobs?

Sarkisian
Charlie Strong
Others?

I am curious who would be an attractive candidate from the non-HC ranks.

The Auburn DC who I can't think of right now is highly respected..

What assistants are out there that may get a look at one of the bigger jobs?

Sarkisian
Charlie Strong
Others?

I am curious who would be an attractive candidate from the non-HC ranks.

Borges Aub. OC

Muschamp Aub. DC

Jimbo Fisher FSU OC

Venables at OU

cowher always kinda struck me as a guy that could work in college. a college coach has less stress than a nfl coach, doesnt have to work the hours, still gets rewarded handsomely and he could stay in raleigh. i am not sure if cowher actually wants to return to the nfl.

money shouldnt be the problem if duke wants to be a winner in football.

As the Steeler fan here I would venture to guess Cowher will stay in the NFL. He left the Steelers because he had been there 15 years and won his SB plus he wanted more money than the Steelers were willing to pay.

Definitely a weird story. I can't believe he would be fired, but stranger things have happened.

I have not kept up but my daughter said he was forced to resign. He was almost in tears at the press conference. He would not say anything.

Just realized no one knows what this is about.
Jeff Bower Southern Miss coach

Last edited:
Nutt officially out at Arky. Rumor is a $9MM, five year gig at Ole Miss on the table. With the players Crazy man recrutied to Ole Miss, Nutt could do some damage. My gut tells me Arky fan is going to regret this decision.

With the GT and Ole Miss jobs open, Baylor will have to go back to the drawing board. Singletary and Nutt are not coming.

rumor of Grobe to Nu seems overblown husker land now saying he was on the recruiting trail NOT flying to see them, in related news most people on airplanes yesterday also not involved in NU coaching search.

Sigh....of relief.

Stay in the family huskers, stay in the family.

rumor of Grobe to Nu seems overblown husker land now saying he was on the recruiting trail NOT flying to see them, in related news most people on airplanes yesterday also not involved in NU coaching search.

Sigh....of relief.

Stay in the family huskers, stay in the family.

Hmm. Rumor I saw had the WF guy and Gill flying to Atlanta and a 2nd NU Alumni jet flying from Lincoln today. Second plane is probably lawyers. Pellini still in Atlanta supposedly. The first plane had TO and Chancellor Harvey Perlman on board. Those would be decision makers.

NU also called a team meeeting for 4pm tommorow. Called by Asst AD as TO was not arround....

Last edited:
'Word on the Street' over this way is

Terry Bowden aka tatertot at GT or Ole Miss.

Butch Davis to Ark.

Have not heard TT to Ark but that is his home state and the Waltons have cash.

Also Coach Fran to [interested] Ole Miss.

Not saying any will happen but...

Last edited:
Damn just read Nutt to Ole Miss? from a real source.

Ok why don't they just make it a rule that every 4 years the SEC coaches shift 1 state over and begin coaching that team. Then in 4 years they can change to the state above/below them? :lol:

He is good but I think a little young to actually land a job at a BCS school.

I agree. Give him another couple years and he will be ready to take a high profile job.

'Word on the Street' over this way is

Terry Bowden aka tatertot at GT or Ole Miss.

Butch Davis to Ark.

Have not heard TT to Ark but that is his home state and the Waltons have cash.

Also Coach Fran to [interested] Ole Miss.

Not saying any will happen but...

Didn't Butch Davis just sign an extension at UNC? Not saying it would necessarily rule him out, but I don't see him going.

Bowden at GT or Ole Miss would actually make some sense.

Nutt to Ole Miss, well, that didn't take long....

If Arky fan is nervous, then I'd say they made a mistake in pushing Nutt out. I heard they asked him to leaved and then when he beat LSU offered an extension...in a word bizarre. You expect that behavior from Aggieland...

cowher always kinda struck me as a guy that could work in college. a college coach has less stress than a nfl coach, doesnt have to work the hours, still gets rewarded handsomely and he could stay in raleigh. i am not sure if cowher actually wants to return to the nfl.

money shouldnt be the problem if duke wants to be a winner in football.
I have to disagree on the hours and the stress at the major college Division I level. An argument could be made that the opposite is true given the fact that a D-I head coach has to hit the recruiting trail in the offseason as well. I would bet Bill Callahan wouldn't see the stress as being any less at kNU than it was in Oakland.

Yikes. That offense won't work in the SEC.

yeah, Urban Meyer really flopped over there with his spread O:lol:

I can't say i'd shed a tear over that. I hate playing Tech and that gimmicky offense. CU has done well against them, but I hate playing that team. And Leach is a real prick.

For whatever reason, CU seemed to always be pretty effective against Leach. They lost a few, but both Barnett and Hawkins seemed to scheme pretty well. In fact, even Ochruch seemed to d them up effectively. I'll miss that O in conference.

The real loser is Mustain...of course if he had hung around, Nutt probably wouldn't have been nudged out in the first place.

Personally, If I was an AD, I'd take Nutt 7 days of the week over Leach.

Back