What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel...

Sarkisian at UDub hired former Cal OL coach/co-OC as OC and OL coach. I hope Cal doesn't try to get Kiesau back

Utah OC moves to KjSU in same capacity. More spread in the B12? Has Gramps seen the light of the spread? KjSU ran a lot of the shotgun draw with HCBS, but of course they always had a QB who was a threat to run and could sling it deep downfield...and we all know you don't need that to spread out the field.

Utah OC moves to KjSU in same capacity. More spread in the B12? Has Gramps seen the light of the spread? KjSU ran a lot of the shotgun draw with HCBS, but of course they always had a QB who was a threat to run and could sling it deep downfield...and we all know you don't need that to spread out the field.

I'm pretty happy w/ the way this staff is shaping up. jmo.

Pat Hill to ISU? Rumors abound including Troy Calhoun and Todd Graham and Jay Norvell and the guy from N. Iowa.

Curt Mallory, Bill's son, may get the gig at Miami OH. That would give another story line to next year's Miami OH game.....

Pat Hill to ISU? Rumors abound including Troy Calhoun and Todd Graham and Jay Norvell and the guy from N. Iowa.

Curt Mallory, Bill's son, may get the gig at Miami OH. That would give another story line to next year's Miami OH game.....

There are even rumors that Phil Fulmer is interested in the ISU job.

Pat Hill would be a solid hire for Iowa State, but he is the most overrated coach in America.

Why on earth would Phillip Fulmer want the ISU job? Assuming that he even wants to coach again, I would think that he could get a better job than that, with his recruiting connections in the south. If butch Davis left UNC, I'd think that fulmer could get a shot at that job, for example. But Iowa State?

Mike Stoops leaving Arizona for ISU? That hot seat must be pretty warm.

Let's hope Edward Nuckols hears those rumors!

Pat Hill would be a GREAT hire for Iowa State.

Maybe. I'm not so sure. The only reason I can see Hill wanting to go from an FSU program he's had going pretty well to the hell that is ISU is in order to get experience on a BCS conference on his resume'. He's missed out on quite a few BCS conference gigs at better programs than ISU and probably figures the WAC stigma is part of it. I don't see him staying at ISU long at all if he gets the job.:huh:

Maybe. I'm not so sure. The only reason I can see Hill wanting to go from an FSU program he's had going pretty well to the hell that is ISU is in order to get experience on a BCS conference on his resume'. He's missed out on quite a few BCS conference gigs at better programs than ISU and probably figures the WAC stigma is part of it. I don't see him staying at ISU long at all if he gets the job.:huh:

And the downside for CU in that scenario is?

Also rumors of Mike Stoops to ISU

I thought Stoops saved his job by beating ASU and getting to a bowl. AZ would look pretty stupid if they punked him now IMO.

I am waiting for word Dennis the Menace is leaving ASU for his next "last job".

I don't think Dennis is winning enough to get another "last job." ASU is going to regret ditching Koetter for a mercenary like Erickson.

And the downside for CU in that scenario is?

Dunno. I was responding to the thought that Hill was a great hire for ISU, not for CU... :cool:

I guess I'll be surprised if ISU gets somebody who is having any kind of success at another D-1 program. As tough as the Big XII is these days, ISU has to rank up there as one of the worst jobs in D-1, definitely in the BCS conferences...

Dunno. I was responding to the thought that Hill was a great hire for ISU, not for CU... :cool:

I guess I'll be surprised if ISU gets somebody who is having any kind of success at another D-1 program. As tough as the Big XII is these days, ISU has to rank up there as one of the worst jobs in D-1, definitely in the BCS conferences...

True. I was observing that if Hill came to Isu, won 7-8 games over two years, pulled a Chizik and bolted for a real gig, it wouldn't be bad for CU, as long as CU wasn't 2 of those 7-8 W's. Just spitballin', I doubt Hill will leave Fresneck....

I don't think Dennis is winning enough to get another "last job." ASU is going to regret ditching Koetter for a mercenary like Erickson.

Unless they're gonna fire him, why would he leave with Jack Elway waiting in the wings :smile2:

Wow. That came out of nowhere. I surely did not see that one coming...

I guess he is an Iowa native, but Ames is a coach killer IMO. Chizik was probably looking for a ticket out of town about 22 months ago...

Ron English takes over at EMU, another job not many had any interest in.

Stan Parrish takes over at Ball St.

Bill Mallory's son and some guy from Mich. St. in line at Miami OH. Will another first year coach give DH fits?

It looks like the carousel spun early, and ended early. No real name jobs left open, just the secondary fill in gigs from coaches who moved on. Unless, of course, some bombshell happens during bowl season, which isn't likely because the big jobs are full, and bowl team coaches rarely get fired.

My guess for bombshell, Mangino hangs them up because of health concerns. There have been some rumors to that effect, but I think they are bogus. JMO.

Last edited:
Wow. That came out of nowhere. I surely did not see that one coming...

I guess he is an Iowa native, but Ames is a coach killer IMO. Chizik was probably looking for a ticket out of town about 22 months ago...

Ron English takes over at EMU, another job not many had any interest in.

Stan Parrish takes over at Ball St.

Bill Mallory's son and some guy from Mich. St. in line at Miami OH. Will another first year coach give DH fits?

It looks like the carousel spun early, and ended early. No real name jobs left open, just the secondary fill in gigs from coaches who moved on. Unless, of course, some bombshell happens during bowl season, which isn't likely because the big jobs are full, and bowl team coaches rarely get fired.

My guess for bombshell, Mangino hangs them up because of health concerns. There have been some rumors to that effect, but I think they are bogus. JMO.

English jumping out of the inferno that was L'ville was pretty wise. I thought Kragthorpe would be a rock star after what he did at Tulsa, but now I'm thinking L'ville will be one of the first entries on the '10 coaching carousel. How do you win only 1 game in the Big East?

ISU is a no-hoper of a job, but I can't figure out why they didn't go grovel with the coach at Northern Iowa. At least the guy's in the AA playoffs every year.

English jumping out of the inferno that was L'ville was pretty wise. I thought Kragthorpe would be a rock star after what he did at Tulsa, but now I'm thinking L'ville will be one of the first entries on the '10 coaching carousel. How do you win only 1 game in the Big East?

ISU is a no-hoper of a job, but I can't figure out why they didn't go grovel with the coach at Northern Iowa. At least the guy's in the AA playoffs every year.

I had Kragthorpe on my list for the CU job when GB was let go, I guess I'm glad nobody asked to see my list. But then again, Briles was on there too. I figured Kragthorpe would do well at Louisville, but he sure doesn't look very great right now.

I'll never understand why ISU dumped McCarney. He won more than anybody else and his teams were competitive. Anybody taking that job is looking at the door ...

I'll never understand why ISU dumped McCarney. He won more than anybody else and his teams were competitive. Anybody taking that job is looking at the door ...

i have a couple buddies who went to U of Iowa for grad school and they say that the ISU fans got greedy and had an AD "go getter" type who wanted to plant his "vision" on the program.

bad move. McCarney had made some nice in-roads into recruiting Texas and getting "B" type players.

Rhoads is going to make $1million + for 5 years. That's not a bad gig, even if it is Ames, Iowa. I would gladly take it.

Sure, he'll be looking for another job in a couple years - but he'll be able to move right back into a coordinator position, and he'll be set for the rest of his life.

Rhoads is going to make $1million + for 5 years. That's not a bad gig, even if it is Ames, Iowa. I would gladly take it.

Sure, he'll be looking for another job in a couple years - but he'll be able to move right back into a coordinator position, and he'll be set for the rest of his life.

Chizik's OC and DC were in the top half of the conference (or close to it) it terms of pay. which struck me as weird. the ISU OC was making more than Kevin Wilson at OU....that I remember for sure.

Very true...in a mercenary sort of way.

I had Kragthorpe on my list for the CU job when GB was let go, I guess I'm glad nobody asked to see my list. But then again, Briles was on there too. I figured Kragthorpe would do well at Louisville, but he sure doesn't look very great right now.

There was only one guy on my list and his name was Butch Davis.

Back