What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel...

Ball St had a really good year this year. I suppose it could be a scenario where the coach looked at who he had coming back and decided the time was right for a change.

There's no denying Ball St. did well this year. But when did that happen before?

My guess is he wanted to go somewhere else and was hoping to get a BCS gig, when he didn't he grabbed the next best ticket out of town. Four or five eyars in SD isn't so bad....

Hoke to SDSU is a head scratcher. Ball St. and SDSU are roughly equal in the football futility category, although SD is a much better place to coach up a football team no one is going to watch....

If they are essentially equal - Muncie, IN vs. San Diego made the decision a bit easier.

I bet AZ Friedman is pissed.

That is usually a safe bet... :cool: Is there a particular reason he should be pissed about that story??? :confused:

If I'm a guy like Hoke, I wouldn't jump at a job like SDSU. Even if he isn't seeing what he wants in a BCS conference right now, this whole merry-go-round might just start up again big time once the NFL season ends.

Sandy Eggo is pretty likely to be looking for a new HC (they should be, anyway) and will probably open up the checkbook to bring in a big name guy.

Jacksonville might be available, and that isn't a bad situation.

The Detroit and Cleveland jobs are almost locks to open up, not that they are great jobs at this point.

St. Louis, KC, Cincy and Buffalo might be looking for coaches. SF too, but I'm betting they keep Singletary.

Most of those are jobs no really successful college coach would look twice at. SD is probably an exception and maybe J-ville too. But it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the other teams went with college guys from below the Saban/Carroll/Stoops/Meyer tier, and that would open up some more jobs. Hoke might be wise to wait for that instead of jumping into the SDSU black hole.... :huh:

That is usually a safe bet... :cool: Is there a particular reason he should be pissed about that story??? :confused:

If I'm a guy like Hoke, I wouldn't jump at a job like SDSU. Even if he isn't seeing what he wants in a BCS conference right now, this whole merry-go-round might just start up again big time once the NFL season ends.

Sandy Eggo is pretty likely to be looking for a new HC (they should be, anyway) and will probably open up the checkbook to bring in a big name guy.

Jacksonville might be available, and that isn't a bad situation.

The Detroit and Cleveland jobs are almost locks to open up, not that they are great jobs at this point.

St. Louis, KC, Cincy and Buffalo might be looking for coaches. SF too, but I'm betting they keep Singletary.

Most of those are jobs no really successful college coach would look twice at. SD is probably an exception and maybe J-ville too. But it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the other teams went with college guys from below the Saban/Carroll/Stoops/Meyer tier, and that would open up some more jobs. Hoke might be wise to wait for that instead of jumping into the SDSU black hole.... :huh:

I think Buffalo just extended their HC....

I think Buffalo just extended their HC....

The Bills? I must have missed that, although it probably seemed like a decent move before they tanked (Dear God, please let them tank one more week... :rolleyes:). The U. of Buffalo would be wise to extend Gill, but I'm not sure it would be a great move for him at this point.... :huh:

The Bills? I must have missed that, although it probably seemed like a decent move before they tanked (Dear God, please let them tank one more week... :rolleyes:). The U. of Buffalo would be wise to extend Gill, but I'm not sure it would be a great move for him at this point.... :huh:

extend him with a buy-out at least they can pocket some change when he goes.

The Bills extended Jauron.

Barkley weighs in on Chizik hiring...and no he's not happy about it....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3770769

Illinois State wants a defensive minded coach, so get this, they are looking at Cosgrove, feared leader of the pinkskirts.....:wow:

****, with the success he's already had there other schools should be clamoring for him.

:yeahthat:

I wonder why he hasn't gotten more serious attention. Maybe he is and we're not hearing about it. Perhaps he's holding out for a plum job. :confused:

Maybe ISU? Maybe that's not a good enough job for him.

I would think Gill is being patient and waiting for the right job. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps at the next major opening in Texas (he's from Fort Worth).

And if Patterson were to leave TCU, would Gill look at that?

I think he would be foolish not to look at that opening. Coaching the hometown team, natural recruiting base, solid facilities, decent shot at BCS bowl berths.

I think he would be foolish not to look at that opening. Coaching the hometown team, natural recruiting base, solid facilities, decent shot at BCS bowl berths.

Is there any buzz with Paterson? I have to assume his agent is keeping things very close to the vest after the KSUcks debacle.

Is there any buzz with Paterson? I have to assume his agent is keeping things very close to the vest after the KSUcks debacle.

I haven't heard anything lately. Looks like he will be at TCU for at least another season.

Monte Kiffin joins his son in Knoxville.

And Ed Orgeron may be headed to Knoxville as well. Remains to be seen how the gameday coaching will pan out, but they sure seem to be putting together a dynamite recruiting staff.

Here is my post from left field....Gary Barnett to ISU???

I think that would be an inspired choice. He knows the Big 12 North, has shown he can rebuild a program (NW), knows the recruiting territory in the Midwest and Texas.

He could coach there 5-6 years and see if he could build a foundation.

Just a thought.

I think that would be an inspired choice. He knows the Big 12 North, has shown he can rebuild a program (NW), knows the recruiting territory in the Midwest and Texas.

Just a thought.

I don't know if I'd call it inspired, but it's an interesting thought...

Just one question - didn't Betsy Hoffman go to ISU after she left CU?? That might prove, um, entertaining.... :lol:

Just a thought.

They could do a lot worse. It would be entertaining if nothing else.

I don't know if I'd call it inspired, but it's an interesting thought...

Just one question - didn't Betsy Hoffman go to ISU after she left CU?? That might prove, um, entertaining.... :lol:

Entertaining might be the understatement of the year. Can you imagine?

I knew it was only a matter of time before Bitsy worked her magic on the ISU football team. They are in the dumper, and now have their "name" coach is out the door. All they need now is a national scandla so Bitsy can work her magic with the media, she is a PR wiz.:rolleyes:

Yes, she is at ISU in some capacity.

I believe her title is the adminstrative, ahem, term of endearment...:smile2:

Michigan's Defensive Coordinator "resigns".... He was the only coach who didn't come from WVU and they were awful on D this year. I hope RR fails miserably.....

They have a pretty good DE committed from Tulsa (soft commit). How about we get in on this guy Hawk?

Back