What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel...

Can you imagine? :lol: IMO, he will be contacted but the SEC folk would go bonkers watching his offense if it isn't successful right off the bat.

In other news, Tom Anstutz at Toledo is stepping down at the end of the year.

It would be entertaining. I think there is a decent chance he will be in the running. Other guys I could see getting a call are Tuberville (seriously), Charlie Strong (Florida DC), and Gary Patterson.

It would be entertaining. I think there is a decent chance he will be in the running. Other guys I could see getting a call are Tuberville (seriously), Charlie Strong (Florida DC), and Gary Patterson.

Some of the Mildcat faithful have their hearts set on GP. I don't see it but what do I know. GP could have a good run at UT. I could also see any of the other guys you mention as well...

Some of the Mildcat faithful have their hearts set on GP. I don't see it but what do I know. GP could have a good run at UT. I could also see any of the other guys you mention as well...

Yeah, I think Patterson would be foolish to take the KSU job, but the Tennessee job is another matter. He would bring Texas recruiting ties, which is important for that job because the in-state talent base is not very good. That is also why Strong and Tuberville would be viable candidates because they have Florida recruiting ties. Leach is the wild card.

Forget Leach. When are Mack Brown and Bob Stoops going to move?

Why would Mack Brown move? He has the perfect job and has built a powerhouse. I'm betting he coaches another five years or so and retires comfortably in Austin.

As far as Stoops, I still think he moves on to the NFL at some point. Or he goes to Ohio State if that job opened for some odd reason. Otherwise, he has got a nice situation as well.

In other news, Tom Anstutz at Toledo is stepping down at the end of the year.

In related news, Dairy Queen and Pizza Hut announced plans to scale back their Toledo operations by 50%... :lol:

Getting Leach out of the Big 12 might be a good thing for the Buffs.

Not that I'd mind seeing him go, but we've generally had good success against the Zorros. But overall I'm sure the conference would be pretty happy to see him move on.

In related news, Dairy Queen and Pizza Hut announced plans to scale back their Toledo operations by 50%... :lol:

Not that I'd mind seeing him go, but we've generally had good success against the Zorros. But overall I'm sure the conference would be pretty happy to see him move on.

I was commenting more from a recruiting perspective. I would think that, at least right now, we compete more with Texas Tech for recruits than with Texas or Oklahoma.

Tenn. BBS a flurry of rumors regarding another current SEC coach being contacted. Rumored to ba Jimmy Sexton client "West of Nick Saban". Why not just spill the beans? It's probably Steve "Darth Visor" Spurrier.

Tenn. BBS a flurry of rumors regarding another current SEC coach being contacted. Rumored to ba Jimmy Sexton client "West of Nick Saban". Why not just spill the beans? It's probably Steve "Darth Visor" Spurrier.

What happened to Gruden to Tenn. for 4-5million a year?

Spurrier already said he wasn't gonna leave South Carolina. Who knows if it holds tho

Well, I suppose if you go west far enough, anything is west of anything. But South Carolina is usually thought of as east of Alabama. :cool:

West would be Nutt, Crooms, Miles or Petrino (isn't he about due for a new job??). Maybe Tuberville, too - not sure if Auburn is west of Tuscaloosa or not... :huh:

Isn't Steve Spurrier considered the debbil himself in Knoxville after he and the Gators terrorized the Vols for so many years? Wasn't he the one who came up with the saying "You can't spell 'Citrus' without "UT"? (The meaning behind this is that the Citrus Bowl used to get the #2 team from the SEC, and that always tended to be Tennessee). I'd tend to think he'd be the last guy on their wish list.

Well, I suppose if you go west far enough, anything is west of anything. But South Carolina is usually thought of as east of Alabama. :cool:

West would be Nutt, Crooms, Miles or Petrino (isn't he about due for a new job??). Maybe Tuberville, too - not sure if Auburn is west of Tuscaloosa or not... :huh:

LOL, I get my directions screwed up it appears...so much for Spurrier, maybe it is the Right Reverend Nutt...he's a Jimmy Sexton guy.

Isn't Steve Spurrier considered the debbil himself in Knoxville after he and the Gators terrorized the Vols for so many years? Wasn't he the one who came up with the saying "You can't spell 'Citrus' without "UT"? (The meaning behind this is that the Citrus Bowl used to get the #2 team from the SEC, and that always tended to be Tennessee). I'd tend to think he'd be the last guy on their wish list.

That was classic...:lol:

Auburn is way east (and south) of Tuscaloosa.

I think they would be willing to forgive him, but they would have to be careful about that hire. Spurrier has said in the past that he doesn't enjoy recruiting, which is paramount at Tennessee because their in-state talent pool is relatively poor.

Ron Prince is out at KjSU. Credit to KingPants for the scoop.

http://www.kansas.com/735/story/586707.html

According to KSUfans.com, candidate will have HC experience and a track record of success, therefore no Brent Venables. Early names: Gary Patterson (not bloody likely IMO), HCBS for a reprise with Dana Dimel waiting in the wings a la Jimbo Fisher, Gary Barnett, Dennis Franchione, Frankie Slowpitch, Terry "the weeble wobble" Bowden, Phil Fulmer and pop warner coach to be named later....

Last edited:
I don't know quite what to make of this but, ksufans.com has posts saying a certain KSU linked aircraft is in Scottsdale. Further, there are other posters saying an offer has been made and they are awaiting a response. Lastly, the AD has said he will have a new HC before the end of the season.

Conclusions? GB lives in Scottsdale. A new HC, if selected before the end of the season, reads HC without current job. It may very well be GB on the KSU sideline folks. That would be very weird and scary...

All rumor at this point...but what a weird one that would be...

Last edited:
I don't know quite what to make of this but, ksufans.com has posts saying a certain KSU linked aircraft is in Scottsdale. Further, there are other posters saying an offer has been made and they are awaiting a response. Lastly, the AD has said he will have a new HC before the end of the season.

Conclusions? GB lives in Scottsdale. A new HC, if selected before the end of the season, reads HC without current job. It may very well be GB on the KSU sideline folks. That would be very weird and scary...

As others have mentioned, I do not like the idea of GB roaming the sideline for the mildcats at all.

If they hired Barnett, the assistant hires would be key. Without a big improvement in recruiting, that program is going nowhere fast.

If they hired Barnett, the assistant hires would be key. Without a big improvement in recruiting, that program is going nowhere fast.

The more I think about it, the less likely I think GB is. Not because he couldn't get the job done, I think he could, but because he and Snydley weren't buddy buddy, in fact I think they didn't particularly like each other. Snydley is still involved with KSU and I just don't see it. I hope I am right.

GB was a decent recruiter, but a lot of that had to do with EB and Embree. GB could spot potential though, and at a school like KSU where they have no compunction about "just getting players", he could be dangerous. GB always could get a team up to play somebody, and if he landed at KSU, I suspect he would relish rubbing CU's nose in it, and he would probably succeed at doing so...

The more I think about it, the less likely I think GB is. Not because he couldn't get the job done, I think he could, but because he and Snydley weren't buddy buddy, in fact I think they didn't particularly like each other. Snydley is still involved with KSU and I just don't see it. I hope I am right.

GB was a decent recruiter, but a lot of that had to do with EB and Embree. GB could spot potential though, and at a school like KSU where they have no compunction about "just getting players", he could be dangerous. GB always could get a team up to play somebody, and if he landed at KSU, I suspect he would relish rubbing CU's nose in it, and he would probably succeed at doing so...

I agree, but I suspect he would never have sustained success. He tends to be pretty up and down as a head coach. KSU could definitely do worse though.

All I can say is if you aren't bumping over to ksufans.com every now and then, you are missing out. The current meltdown is over the rumor that the dealis done and the HC of the mildcats is none other than the man, the myth, the legend HCDM....

That's right Dave McGinnis, the 17-40 wunderkind of AZ Cardinal fame....

Last edited:
Uh... wow.:lol:

If true, KSU officially makes the most bizarre picks for HC.

All I can say is if you aren't bumping over to ksufans.com every now and then, you are missing out. The current meltdown is over the rumor that the dealis done and the HC of the mildcats is none other than the man, the myth, the legend HCDM....

That's right Dave McGinnis, the 17-40 wunderkind of AZ Cardinal fame....

I thought you were going to say Dan McCarney. :lol: Which would have been a much more reasonable choice, IMO... :wow:

Back