What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel...

I don't know why I am so intrigued by the kitties, but Terry Pierce, former KSU lb and the guy who runs ksufans.com really believes they will be resurrecting Snydley for another go 'round. IMO, thye would be much better off picking their horse now and going with it.

But then again, we're talking KSU here, and aside form their '96-'03 run, they have been marvelously successful in shooting themselves in the foot.

I don't know why I am so intrigued by the kitties, but Terry Pierce, former KSU lb and the guy who runs ksufans.com really believes they will be resurrecting Snydley for another go 'round. IMO, thye would be much better off picking their horse now and going with it.

But then again, we're talking KSU here, and aside form their '96-'03 run, they have been marvelously successful in shooting themselves in the foot.

Foot? More like putting their entire head in front of the shotgun

Way to go Gary. Good thing your mind was totally focused on beating Utah last night.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a crock of ****. I feel bad for the TCU players.

Also, all sorts of rumors flying about Harbaugh leaving Stanford for the Raiders.

Way to go Gary. Good thing your mind was totally focused on beating Utah last night.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a crock of ****. I feel bad for the TCU players.

pretty bush league, imo. in the middle of the season. a bowl game is one thing but to up and quit yer kids with a lot to play for still....wow.

i guess he won't have to buy new colored ties though.

edit: that surprises me the Kitties hauled in Patterson. I thought he'd go to Tennessee.

Last edited:
pretty bush league, imo. in the middle of the season. a bowl game is one thing but to up and quit yer kids with a lot to play for still....wow.

i guess he won't have to buy new colored ties though.

Yep. TCU was playing for a BCS bowl last night and their coach is angling for another job. Too bad.

Yep. TCU was playing for a BCS bowl last night and their coach is angling for another job. Too bad.

Non-BCS teams are always going to have to worry about a big boy poaching during the season now. Auburn lowered the bar and now the horse is out of the barn unless the NCAA steps in....

Non-BCS teams are always going to have to worry about a big boy poaching during the season now. Auburn lowered the bar and now the horse is out of the barn unless the NCAA steps in....

I agree. The Auburn episode was embarrassing and it set the bar low for future situations.

Supposedly Tenn. had made overtures to GP, and so KSU jumped on the opportunity and made the deal. If true, kudos to the AD. I was secretly hoping HCBS would pull one foot out of the old folks home and come back for HCBS part deux...that would have been a disaster...

Can anybody think of a reason TCU would not relieve GP of his duties now?

Last edited:
Whoa Nellie, now KSU and GP's agent are denying a deal is done. This just keeps getting better. Will KSU find a way to screw this up?:jawdrop::eiertritt::asskicking:

Looks like my Auburn reference is not all tha misplaced....

Last edited:
Gary Patterson was just on 103.3 in Fort Worth/Dallas and denied the report. He said he hasn't spoken to K State and he is really pissed. He said now he will be hisitent to even pick up the phone from K State. I think you guys might of had a shot, but not now, no way in hell. He is also very pissed at Rivals. Not rubbing it in, just wanted you to know what he said. But now there will be no way he goes to Kansas St.

per TCU poster on ksufans.com

There now appears a chance KSU has just **** themselves in their coaching search.....

Here is the latest on the HCGP saga per ksu fans.com:

They don’t have a rollercoaster at Six Flags like the one we were on Friday. I always thought Gary Patterson was a smart guy but now I am sure he is a genius because, on very good authority, through his conduits, he was able to play KSU and tcu like a harp over the course of six hours or so. Here is what really happened:

A verbal agreement for 5 years 10 Million was reached. However, it was GP’s camp that leaked the story to several Manhattan area media outlets who, in an attempt to confirm the story, contacted GoPowderCats (as anticipated by GP’s people). GPC could not (and would not have if they did know) confirm anything. However, knowing that GP’s name was all over the fan site and other outlets as a leading candidate, GPC (Fitz) figured it had to be true and attempted to confirm through their own sources. Make no mistake, there were “Unnamed” sources that confirmed the story to Fitz but only off the record. While shaky at best, he published the story, again anticipated by GP, declaring GP had been hired by Kraut and KSU.

Here is the Genius: Fitz, being an imbecile, had been played. No coach worth a damn would publicly take a job prior to the end of the season or even risk a negotiation. Especially GP who learned from Fran how fragile a reputation can be. What Patterson accomplished in six +- hours was:

1. Let KSU establish his minimum value Nationally for any schools interested in his services (5 yrs / 10 mill) without picking up a phone
2. Let KSU notify tcu regarding his minimum compensation requirements for him to remain with tcu without GP seeming like a mercenary. BTW, tcu will no doubt match or exceed. The school is loaded. Not sure he will stay though.
3. Provide him with an excuse to back out of the verbal deal with Kraut’s people by feigning anger that KSU media violated the agreement by breaking the story before the end of the season.

It is genius because: All of the blame focuses on Fitz. Patterson hasn’t burned the KSU bridge because he didn’t blame the university (he actually blamed, potentially, other BCS programs trying to unhinge his recruiting class which is more genius.). tcu is falling all over itself apologizing to him for the fans and admin jumping to conclusions (the vault is open). And, the whole country knows the price tag for his services.

My sources say he has no interest in a “Turn Around” job and KSU is definitely that. He would rather his buddy Fran go there and do for KSU what he did for tcu and build a foundation. In three to four years Fran will be ready for a move and GP could step in.

We’ve all been used.

If true, GP is a negotiating genius the likes of which CFB has not seen....

Back