What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

I'll be sad if Calhoun leaves AFA as he's done a helluva job here. He's a great coach, and I think he'd do great at Tennessee.

I would say, no way Muschamp takes the (other) UT job, but the way the carousel has been spinning this off season, anything is possible. I would put my money on Cutcliffe.

How can Tennessee not move Pat Summit from HC of basketball to football. That dude is a tough and a proven winner!

Calhoun is staying at AF.

Air Force coach Troy Calhoun is remaining at the military academy, Air Force posted on its Web site today.

\\"We are more than grateful and proud to be closely involved with the character building of our cadets and the mission of the United States Air Force Academy,\\" said Calhoun, in the statement. We are diligently recruiting and working with our team to prepare for the upcoming season. We look forward to coaching and being a part of the Air Force Academy team both on and off the field in 2010.\\"
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jan/14/calhoun-staying-air-force/

Chattanooga TV reporting Cutcliffe is the new man at UT. Vol fans reply R.I.P. Tennessee football....

Chattanooga TV reporting Cutcliffe is the new man at UT. Vol fans reply R.I.P. Tennessee football....

REALLY? Just heard on ESPN radio on the drive home that Cutcliffe turned them down too. I think Vol Nation is beginning to grasp at straws.

REALLY? Just heard on ESPN radio on the drive home that Cutcliffe turned them down too. I think Vol Nation is beginning to grasp at straws.

I think you are right, maybe the next guy doesn't want to have his car chased down the street....

Ruffin McNeill is out at Texas Tech (along with most of the assistants) according to Griffin's ESPN blog. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4824927

Let's hope we're able to have a fruitful conversation with their DE recruits (Jackson Richards and Dartwan Bush).

This is why I don't understand why Leach isn't getting more play for this job. Papa Kiffin and Orgeron both left with Lane to SC and the new coach is going to need a new defensive coordinator and some new staff. Leach would be able to bring a bunch of guys he has done very well with in with him immediately. I get that his system might not be a perfect fit to the talent on hand, but it's not like the Vols were running Georgia Tech's offense before. He could make it work for now while he gets his guys in place.

Either they're totally freaked out by James' son in the closet or they just don't think Leach can coach... :huh:

According to the Knoxville News it's all but a done deal with Cutcliffe:

Duke head coach David Cutcliffe will be named Tennessee’s next head coach barring a last-second snag in negotiations, a source told the News Sentinel.
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jan/14/source-cutcliffe-has-not-been-hired-ut/

Posted in another thread that Cutcliffe is staying at Duke. Latest chatter is for Derek Dooley, HC at LaTech I believe. I'm pretty sure he's Vince Dooley's son, the former HC at UGA. I mean how many Dooleys can there be?

If this is true, not surprising at all, after all, I was listening to AUSTIN ESPN radio. Those clowns are too busy being self-licking ice cream cones with regards the Whorn football right now to actually report the facts straight.

Just a little additional flavor of the Lane Kiffin departure: the guy didn't even tell some of his AC's he was leaving...including his own bro in law who heard it on the TV.

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/01/scarbinsky_lance_thompson_took.html

Word this morning out of H-Town is that Houston's O-Coord (Dana Holgorsen) and QB coach (Kliff Kingsbury) have signed with Okie State. Interesting that U of H had a good year, but Sumlin has fired his D-Coord and now his O-Coord. Kind of surprised that Sumlin hasn't been mentioned with the Tenn job. He is set to sign an extension with U of H, but we all know those aren't worth the paper they are printed on anyway (unless it significantly ups the buyout number).

Dooley was AD and coach was he not? Maybe Hawk would be interested in the position. I can only hope.

Funny you should say that, I was editing my above post to add that tidbit when you beat me to it...IMO DH would be a great AD/HC...for La Tech...

ESPN reporting that Dooley isn't quite a dome deal....apparently Sumlin is still a candidate.

I can't believe Rocky Top would go with Dooley. I mean want to talk having done squat 17-20 in 3 seasons at La. Tech of all places. I feel sorry for Tennessee having to scrape the bottom of the scum barrel like this to find a coach.

Maybe Bohn was right to keep Hawk, if that's the best Tennessee can do, I don't want to know who we would have had to bring in here.

Al Golden interviewed too.

Latest ESPN article that a private UTenn jet carrying UTenn admin is in Ruston talking to Dooley. I still can't get over the fact that Tennessee may be getting ready to hire a WAC coach with a LOSING record. At least our WAC coach had a winning record before he decided jump on the loser train at our fair institution.

The UT scuttlebutt is that the AD did not have any kind of significant buyout for Kiffin. But he did have buyouts on the assistants, totalling about $3MM collectively. So UT is trying to get their new HC to keep as many AC's as possible. Thus Cutcliffe balked. That explains the Derek Dooley choice...which is not exactly certain at this point...Sumler is still in the mix as is Fulmer.

The UT scuttlebutt is that the AD did not have any kind of significant buyout for Kiffin. But he did have buyouts on the assistants, totalling about $3MM collectively. So UT is trying to get their new HC to keep as many AC's as possible. Thus Cutcliffe balked. That explains the Derek Dooley choice...which is not exactly certain at this point...Sumler is still in the mix as is Fulmer.

That would certainly make Sumlin a possibility. Like I said, he fired his D-Coord and lost his O-Cord. So I don't think he'd object to keeping the current UT staff.

So thats why he decided to transfer. Good luck to him.

Back