What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

Feldman tweet from a few days ago

Saw reports that Pats OC Bill OBrien leader for PennSt job. FWIW last time he coached in college was as Duke OC. Team went 1-21.

I hope O'Brien gets to the bank...$$$$$$ is the only salve for that job...it won't be easy.

Mothership calling disciple Josh, mothership calling disciple Josh ....

From the espy link above: osh McDaniels and the New England Patriots have agreed to a new deal that will make McDaniels an offensive assistant in these playoffs and the team's offensive coordinator in 2012, according to a league source.

Wow. I don't recall a coach, let alone an oc, actively coaching two teams in one season. I guess the O'Brien move made it a necessity.

I hope O'Brien gets to the bank...$$$$$$ is the only salve for that job...it won't be easy.

Yep. They need to spend like they have a 106,000 person stadium. They should spend their way out of this scandal, and they should have the money on hand. Before the lawsuits kick in at least.

Some of the boosters aren't happy with the psu hire. At least according to espin.

Another reason why it is a terrible job right now. Recruiting is in shambles, the entire athletic administration is being reshuffled (likely with some almost ridiculous oversite to compensate for the lack of it in the past,) and the fans either want a) JoePa rehired b)someone JoePa picks or at least is endorsed by JoePa c)someone with strong PSU roots or d) a miracle worker who will make them forget about JoePa.

In the best of circumstances it is tremendously hard to follow a legend, the legends failings are forgotten and the new guys failings are amplified while his successes are never enough.

Look how many guys Alabama had to go through to replace the Bear, look at Mich after Bo, tOSU after Woody, OU after Switzer. About the only recent guy to really do well following a legend type that I can think of off hand is Osborne following Devany (and he was Devany's pick and supported by Devany after taking the job.) Since Osborne left they have not been overly happy either.

Another reason why it is a terrible job right now. Recruiting is in shambles, the entire athletic administration is being reshuffled (likely with some almost ridiculous oversite to compensate for the lack of it in the past,) and the fans either want a) JoePa rehired b)someone JoePa picks or at least is endorsed by JoePa c)someone with strong PSU roots or d) a miracle worker who will make them forget about JoePa.
*snip*

Based on what we know of so far, with emphasis on the "so far" part, I'm not so sure that the oversight, regardless of how much there is, could ever be described as "ridiculous".

I think his impact on the next game will be minimal. Our capabilities (and lack thereof) are pretty well documented on film.
Didn't the OC already leave for PSU? If so, I think BoyWonder will have some say in the offensive schemes and play calls. Besides, even tho he left over a year ago, he still has some inside info on players.

I would like to think that he'll have no impact, but it's possible he might.

So a while back in this thread it was discussed how Ted Roof was bailing on Auburn to go to UCF as DC,now he's bailing UCF to go to Penn St.I think Roof was HC at Duke when Obrien was QB coach

Don't have specifics, but I heard this a.m. that RichRod is bringing his former DC to 'zona, and that Holgorsen has targeted the Okie Lite DC for a lat move to wvu. Okie Lite DC also runs special teams and is big in recruiting the Houston area.

twitter-avatar_normal.jpg
sbnation SB Nation

More confirmation. RT @McMurphyCBS: Sources told@CBSSports Rutgers' Greg Schiano has accepted Bucs job

1 minute ago FavoriteRetweetReply

twitter-avatar_normal.jpg

sbnation SB Nation

Confirmation from Peter King. RT @SI_PeterKing: Schiano fast-tracking now. He'll be the coach of the Bucs.

https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#

2 minutes ago
lates

Can't blame Schiano...his dream job was PSU I understand, but I doubt he wanted to be there after the JoePa/Sandusky scandal. He has taken Rutgers as far as they are going to go...why not cash in in Tampa?

ESPN: "The Glazer family also conducted a massive amount of research, reaching out to various NFL people. One of the people they called was Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who spoke highly of Schiano."

Belichick is a stand-up kind of guy who would recommend someone he thought he could beat.

Back