What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody Hawkins

Wow, i hate Netbuffs, but it seems like Allbuffs has surpassed all the other sites in sunshine pumping, over emotional fans.

No way Cody is better than Bradford.

You need to put the Hawk bong down.

That's why it's called ALLBUFFS...never let the truth get in the way of a good story, I always say.

then we should call this website AllPUFFS and everytime theres a prognosticating thread on the Buffs Season, Potential Recruits, someone should plant a photoshopped pic of a Bong that says " You've been warned. THe Hawk Bong has Landed", to warn potential newcomers that there will be a monsoon of sunshine pumping and homerism.

Wow, i hate Netbuffs, but it seems like Allbuffs has surpassed all the other sites in sunshine pumping, over emotional fans.

You have a point, although his numbers would have been much better with OU's surrounding talent than with ours. That Said cody's ceiling in the Big 12 this year is very much middle of the pack. Which is damn funny becuase he's be top tier if not top 2 in most conferences.

Which is damn funny becuase he's be top tier if not top 2 in most conferences.

maybe as a junior or senior he'd be top tier in other conferences. right now he's on pace to be a very good 4 year starting college QB. and there's nothing wrong with that.

i think the better comparison with Bradford is that Sam's numbers would look a lot more like Cody's if didn't have OU's line and WR corps.

It's an apples and oranges thing. All speculation as to who would do better with who's team. Bradford is a good QB. Yes, he had better numbers at OU, and had a better team too. his team handled MU twice if I recall and Cody did not. Would Cody look much better with OUs line and WR corps last year? Absolutley. Would Bradford look worse playing for the Buffs last year? Yes. Is Cody better than Bradford? Who knows? I think Bradford has better physical talent, I think Cody is a more heady player. Cody had increased his physical stature and zip on the ball and the team as a whole is better.

If we are lucky, maybe we can meet OU in the B12CCG and settle this later this year.:thumbsup:

While there is a much more positive vibe around here than some other CU fans sites, I'd say that the majority of the posters here have pretty level headed takes. Problem is (and this goes for all MBB's) you get one outlandish post or prediction and then the whole message board is label as being homers, sunshine pumpers, etc.

then we should call this website AllPUFFS and everytime theres a prognosticating thread on the Buffs Season, Potential Recruits, someone should plant a photoshopped pic of a Bong that says " You've been warned. THe Hawk Bong has Landed", to warn potential newcomers that there will be a monsoon of sunshine pumping and homerism.

Again see my post above, if you hang on a little longer here, you'll see that the vast majority of the posters here love CU but are not so blinded by black and gold that they can't be objective.

Besides, isn't August the month of lofty predictions and outlandish expectations?:confused::smile2:

The Buffs are better at every position than every team that has ever existed. We will win every game by 400 points this year. **** yeah!

I figured if allbuffs was gonna get labeled as sunshine-pumping, may as well do it. :smile2:

Actually, we will have a 30 point lead at halftime that we piss away. We will win every game (including the national championship) by 3 or less...and I will watch from the hospital after several heart attacks and broken hands from punching walls.

All this optimism is also going to make every game a sell out, and be on national TV every week. Which at some point would cause Lee Corso to have a heart attack on Collage Gameday. Whew!!!

While there is a much more positive vibe around here than some other CU fans sites, I'd say that the majority of the posters here have pretty level headed takes. Problem is (and this goes for all MBB's) you get one outlandish post or prediction and then the whole message board is label as being homers, sunshine pumpers, etc.

Again see my post above, if you hang on a little longer here, you'll see that the vast majority of the posters here love CU but are not so blinded by black and gold that they can't be objective.

Besides, isn't August the month of lofty predictions and outlandish expectations?:confused::smile2:

I was being objective. Cody played on an erratic team with suspect pass blocking and receivers who had a penchant for not getting open and/or dropping passes. Bradford played for a much better team, except for one game, with much better pass blocking and much better receivers. Both were freshmen and made freshman type mistakes at times when pressured. In the head to head game Cody outplayed Bradford; one game to be taken with a few grains of salt. As has been mentioned before, Cody is the headier player while possessing less physical talent. I think that if Cody played the full year with the same advantages that Bradford had their numbers would be very comparable.

I was being objective. Cody played on an erratic team with suspect pass blocking and receivers who had a penchant for not getting open and/or dropping passes. Bradford played for a much better team, except for one game, with much better pass blocking and much better receivers. Both were freshmen and made freshman type mistakes at times when pressured. In the head to head game Cody outplayed Bradford; one game to be taken with a few grains of salt. As has been mentioned before, Cody is the headier player while possessing less physical talent. I think that if Cody played the full year with the same advantages that Bradford had their numbers would be very comparable.

Sorry, I was not singling anyone out. I was just pointing out that this place is pretty objective and the iggy may want hang out a bit more, endure a season, and then see if he still feels that this place is full of sunshine pumpers. I will say that we are all pretty much overly emotional about our Buffs. If we weren't, we would not be posting here.

Sorry, I was not singling anyone out. I was just pointing out that this place is pretty objective and the iggy may want hang out a bit more, endure a season, and then see if he still feels that this place is full of sunshine pumpers. I will say that we are all pretty much overly emotional about our Buffs. If we weren't, we would not be posting here.

No worries mate.:thumbsup:

Back