What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Damn. Not even the 4 team playoff can keep guys from skipping postseason games

It's a hard thing when an injury could cost a guy so much money or focused training to shave a tenth off a 40 time can mean so much more money.

I love college football. I'm old school about finishing your commitments and being there for the teammates and people who are counting on you and been part of your success.

But I get it. I'd play, but my truth isn't everyone's.

I'm quickly getting to the point where it's about what CU does, not anything anyone else is doing. I read about other program news and my reaction is either "that's cute" or "that's sad."

f3f118bd-bb93-4c60-a0b3-f6eef0eaf3eb_text.gif

I've seen a few hit the portal. I wonder if it has anything to do with not wanting the constant reminder of what happened.
Good point.

This might be a good off-season to redo and re-arrange the locker rooms, training rooms, weight rooms, etc.

Could be a hard thing for some of those guys to go into spaces that they shared with their lost teammates.

Good point.

This might be a good off-season to redo and re-arrange the locker rooms, training rooms, weight rooms, etc.

Could be a hard thing for some of those guys to go into spaces that they shared with their lost teammates.
They didn't die, Mtn.

WTF?

College rosters turn over by about 1/3 every year.

They will change some things for 2 reasons:

1. Coach Prime has a great sense of what's cool while supporting branding & marketing to earn some coin.

2. There's a new sheriff in town and his stamp needs to be put on everything (motivational quotes et al).

Hell, chairs could even be re-arranged. I remember when Messier joined the NY Rangers as captain, he re-arranged their locker room into a circle because he wanted to be able to talk to all his teammates at the same time. Winners have things like that they see as wrong and fix them.

Anyone having a pity party and moping around because he misses 2022 teammates so much will not be on the 2023 roster, man.

They didn't die, Mtn.

WTF?

College rosters turn over by about 1/3 every year.

They will change some things for 2 reasons:

1. Coach Prime has a great sense of what's cool while supporting branding & marketing to earn some coin.

2. There's a new sheriff in town and his stamp needs to be put on everything (motivational quotes et al).

Hell, chairs could even be re-arranged. I remember when Messier joined the NY Rangers as captain, he re-arranged their locker room into a circle because he wanted to be able to talk to all his teammates at the same time. Winners have things like that they see as wrong and fix them.

Anyone having a pity party and moping around because he misses 2022 teammates so much will not be on the 2023 roster, man.
At least that wasn't the worst thing you all will see on social media today.

Not really sure that Caleb Williams deserves the Heisman over Max Duggan

The Heisman voting overall is a joke.

It definitely feels like Williams won it by default. I would've liked to have seen Duggan win it. I loved the part where Duggan stayed at TCU despite being advised to transfer. I think Hooker should've won it but Tennessee's bad game against SC along with his injury took him off the board.

It definitely feels like Williams won it by default. I would've liked to have seen Duggan win it. I loved the part where Duggan stayed at TCU despite being advised to transfer. I think Hooker should've won it but Tennessee's bad game against SC along with his injury took him off the board.
Williams goes to an all star team and while they did well, they did not win

Duggan took his team all the way, and deserved it more

Williams goes to an all star team and while they did well, they did not win

Duggan took his team all the way, and deserved it more
Heisman is supposed to be college football's best player. In reality it is a popularity contest.

QBs almost always win, if not a QB it is an offensive skill player. Is the best player never a lineman, a defensive player?

Also rarely does it go to someone who plays for a lower profile program.

Heisman is supposed to be college football's best player. In reality it is a popularity contest.

QBs almost always win, if not a QB it is an offensive skill player. Is the best player never a lineman, a defensive player?

Also rarely does it go to someone who plays for a lower profile program.

Off the top of my head one of the exceptions as far as a lower profile program was Barry Sanders but his numbers were so far superior to the field that the voters had no choice but to award him the Heisman. And while OSU is nowhere near to being a "name" program they had a very good season that year. Andre Ware would be another.

Back