What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

It won’t matter, when there’s a bidding war for the buffs in 2028, after we go back to back to back, all will be well

Manziel doc was pretty good. I had kind of forgotten about the hype and hysteria about JFF. Some good stories in the film, but man, he just never gave a **** about anything

Exactly, he really didn't give a **** and that was the biggest takeaway here. Things really took off after A&M beat Alabama and then after he sold those first autographs things just started to spiral out of control. Gotta give him credit though for being so forthright and talking about all his **** ups and not making any excuses for his behavior.

Exactly, he really didn't give a **** and that was the biggest takeaway here. Things really took off after A&M beat Alabama and then after he sold those first autographs things just started to spiral out of control. Gotta give him credit though for being so forthright and talking about all his **** ups and not making any excuses for his behavior.
For sure, although the whole thing kind of came off as, “this is why I was a spectacular bust in the league, but I could have been awesome had I actually tried”. Almost like an image booster for him

I thought the doc was the best one so far from Netflix. The fame came quick and hard for Manziel. He had no direction from anybody and it showed. It seemed his agent was really the only one who tried to hold him accountable

A few high level observations coming into the season:

- Top teams UGA, Bama and tOSU all breaking in new QB's
- Michigan has a very favorable shedule with McCarthy and Corum returning
- Alot of FSU hype and we should know alot about them in the first month with an opener against LSU and a road game at Clemson
- USC has the Heisman winner but their defense remains a question mark plus they have some tough road games.
- UW and Oregon both have interesting non-con road games that are far from a gimme - UO at Lubbock and UW at MSU
- ND has Sam Hartman from Wake but plenty of challenges on that schedule - tOSU, USC, and at Clemson
- Keep an eye on Louisville as a darkhose in the ACC as they avoid Clemson, FSU and UNC
- If Conner Weigman pops at Texas A&M who knows what their ceiling is
- Other non-con games of interest: A&M at Miami, Texas at Bama, WV at PSU, Florida at Utah

2 more weeks!!

Crazy how the road game at Tennessee is far and away the hardest game on the schedule. Second place is not even close in difficulty.

Another reason by the Euro soccer model of relegation is inapplicable to college football. No way UGA or Alabama is letting Vandy drop down when Vandy is a guaranteed cupcake each year on the conference schedule.

No doubt a very favorable schedule getting Kentuck and SC both at home. At Auburn might actually end up being their 2nd toughest game. But in fairness they had a game scheduled against OU that had to get changed due to the Sooners moving to the SEC.
An OU game would have put it on par with a middling schedule in most other conferences

An OU game would have put it on par with a middling schedule in most other conferences

This year's UGA schedule exposes a big fallacy with divisions plus only playing an 8-game conference schedule. The East is down and the schedule worked out in such a way that they avoid LSU, Bama and A&M out of the West. Divisions in the SEC go away next year and it's fully expected they go to a 9-game schedule in 2025.

This year's UGA schedule exposes a big fallacy with divisions plus only playing an 8-game conference schedule. The East is down and the schedule worked out in such a way that they avoid LSU, Bama and A&M out of the West. Divisions in the SEC go away next year and it's fully expected they go to a 9-game schedule in 2025.
SEC scheduling has been and will continue to be a joke. That conference isn’t in the business of subjecting its top programs to more difficult matchups than is absolutely necessary, both location and opponent included. I’ll believe things will change with a 9 game conference schedule when I see it

the sec is a joke. They play 4 body bag games a yr. just to protect their little fifedom. Their league is not really better than anyone else’.

the sec is a joke. They play 4 body bag games a yr. just to protect their little fifedom. Their league is not really better than anyone else’.
They all usually play one decent OOC opponent, many times this game is at a neutral site or within a few hour drive, with 3 G5/FCS, all 3 of which are typically at home. And then of course with an 8 game conference schedule, it’s much easier for the conference to conveniently have the big, cross divisional programs miss each other (since 2008, Alabama and Georgia have only played 3 times in the regular season, same for LSU and UGA).

So pretty much every year, they all have at least 7 home games, sometimes 8, and they never force the best programs to play before their championship game.

It’s one of the most unequal aspects of the CFB landscape. The sport would be so much better if there were rules dictating 9 conference games and at least 10 total “Power” matchups

SEC scheduling has been and will continue to be a joke. That conference isn’t in the business of subjecting its top programs to more difficult matchups than is absolutely necessary, both location and opponent included. I’ll believe things will change with a 9 game conference schedule when I see it
Meh. Next year’s Skeds kind of rectify some of those notions

Back