What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

ND and meatchicken throw a life rope to WSU and OSU and make the PAC4/quasi-independent conference. Only to have George K coug it and let a block buster, career saving deal with NBC slip away when the 11th hour came
Hey, you have something there.

The four you mentioned want to get the benefits of a conference. Guaranteed playoff spot, scheduling ease, etc.

Solution an 8 team conference. The 4 originals plus Boise State (willing to do anything to get a P5 level invite,) SMU willing to cheat their way in, Nebraska because they feel left out of the B1G and they would be an easy win for the big 2. Need an even number so your last invite goes to. . . The CSU Rams because they have a shiny new stadium and well you know Lady Gaga is pulling for them.

Conference media payout ND and Mich $80 million each per year, kNU, $50 million, WSU and OSU $20 million (hey it's better than they were getting,) and the last 2 get the scraps $5 million each.

Did a counselor tell Lane that a break was recommended or did the player just say he needed a break? I take mental health very seriously, but I am not on board with it if we've reached a point where someone has to be accommodated if they say they're stressed out and need some extra vacation time with no treatment attached to it. And if the latter, I hope I can't be sued in that situation if I told the employee to pound sand.

Did a counselor tell Lane that a break was recommended or did the player just say he needed a break? I take mental health very seriously, but I am not on board with it if we've reached a point where someone has to be accommodated if they say they're stressed out and need some extra vacation time with no treatment attached to it. And if the latter, I hope I can't be sued in that situation if I told the employee to pound sand.
Not enough context for me to take a stance. I felt bad for the player because he sounded really down and I don't know if Kiffin's response was warranted or not.

Last edited:
Not enough context for me to take a stance. I felt bad for the player because he sounded really down and I don't know if Kiffin's response was warranted or not.
Agreed. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd respond the same way as if the player told me he was going to miss time with an ankle injury. If this was coming from the medical staff, fine. If he was letting me know it was bothering him, I'd have him see the medical staff. But if he told me his ankle was bothering him, he needs a couple weeks off, and he's neither seen medical staff for a diagnosis nor a treatment plan while not having plans to do so... not fine.

Agreed. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd respond the same way as if the player told me he was going to miss time with an ankle injury. If this was coming from the medical staff, fine. If he was letting me know it was bothering him, I'd have him see the medical staff. But if he told me his ankle was bothering him, he needs a couple weeks off, and he's neither seen medical staff for a diagnosis nor a treatment plan while not having plans to do so... not fine.
It's hard because we don't know what he was struggling with. Mental health issues like depression, anxiety etc. Can cripple you, but you are right, the only way out is through help.

Agree with you.

I feel bad, be it a sore ankle or just being angry or stressed isn't enough for somebody to demand time off.

We don't know the back story but Kiffen should have answered the player the same way you are talking about the kid with the ankle injury.

Every one of these programs, every major university has mental health staff available, if they don't they are far out of touch with reality. Lane should have told the kid "Go to our team counselor" or "Go to university mental health" then come back and talk to me or have them call me, they have my number.

If the player doesn't want to do that then it is like the player who doesn't want to see the team medical staff about his sore ankle. Unlike the sore ankle mental health issues like this can just be the tip of much bigger issues underlying that the player themself isn't aware of or doesn't understand. Getting him into treatment may not only be saving a quality player for the team but may be making a much bigger impact on the life of the player.

CFP wants to have a Military approach to the process of deciding a champion but has multiple rogue conferences doing whatever they want in unevenly applied ways.
College Football will implode if they do not just pull it away from conferences and the other Olympic sports.
The basket is just not the same for everything anymore. Likely need 3 different buckets

FOOTBALL
NATIONAL LEAGUES
-------------------------
MBB-WBB
BASEBALL-HOCKEY
NATIONAL LEAGUE W/ REGIONAL PODS AND SPECIAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
--------------------------
OLYMPIC SPORTS
REGIONAL CONFERENCES W/ NATIONAL COMPETITIONS

Tuberville that's a whole other story. Lost all respect on that dude when he left TT and stiffing three recruits with a check.

My CU roommate - whom I sit with at games - came back to the seats yesterday and reported that he'd just seen some 50-ish-something dude at the Folsom troughs with his pants and undies down to his knees, pulling his shirt up to his nipples and just peeing away.
I was trying to paint the walls. Ease up.

Back