What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Alamo is looking pretty likely at the moment.
Against the loser of the Big 12 Championship game (which is probably Iowa State-OU)? If somebody told me we'd be playing in the Alamo Bowl at the end of this season after a late coaching change and no practice with Dorrell until October, I'd have said sign me up for that in a ****ing heartbeat.

Karl Dorrell has done a hell of a job to this point.

For CU? I figured it'd be the loser of the Pac 12 CG, no?

I would say USC is NY6 bound, loser of Pac 12 CG is Alamo bound, CU is Armed Forces bound and UW/Oregon plays Army in Independence Bowl
Some updated bowl projections: CU vs Iowa State in the Alamo, USC vs Indiana in Fiesta, Washington vs LSU in Armed Forces, Oregon vs Army in Independence. They also had UCLA vs Boise State in LA Bowl, but obviously that's cancelled.

This is one of the Week 14 Predictions --- WTF?? Tennessee is 2-6 after losing 6 in a row. With all the cancelations, it would be tragic for a deserving team gets left out while the Vols go bowling.

TransPerfect Music City Bowl​

Wednesday, December 30
ESPN, 3:30 pm
Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN
Bowl Tie-Ins: Big Ten vs. SEC
Last Season: Louisville 38, Mississippi State 28
Projection: Wisconsin vs. Tennessee

For CU? I figured it'd be the loser of the Pac 12 CG, no?

I would say USC is NY6 bound, loser of Pac 12 CG is Alamo bound, CU is Armed Forces bound and UW/Oregon plays Army in Independence Bowl

The Alamo probably takes an undefeated CU over a 2 loss UW or .500 Oregon team. Only way UW/Oregon make that game is if CU gets into the NY6.

This is one of the Week 14 Predictions --- WTF?? Tennessee is 2-6 after losing 6 in a row. With all the cancelations, it would be tragic for a deserving team gets left out while the Vols go bowling.

Wednesday, December 30
ESPN is straight garbage. Do they even look at their own standings page? These are teams they have in bowls games with final records (90% certainty):
K-State 4-6
S. Carolina 2-8
Minnesota 3-3
Maryland 3-2
Tennessee 3-7
Wisconsin 2-3
Arkansas 3-7
Miss State 2-8

Wednesday, December 30

The only way Tennessee's in that game is if the Music Bowl can't get another SEC school to come to Nashville.

No doubt the culture fit is better in the PAC-12 but to continue down the road with them is football suicide.

There is simply no way to compete for talent (coaching and players) when we have to make up a $25 million deficit every single year. Don’t be surprised to see schools cozy up to HCKD in the future.

if the Big -12 will take us back, their deal gets closer. If the BIG takes us, all the better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...etwork-with-football-title-games-on-espn/amp/

Sadly, the inept handling of the pandemic response has left the PAC-12 on even weaker footing. We need to get out ASAP

No doubt the culture fit is better in the PAC-12 but to continue down the road with them is football suicide.

There is simply no way to compete for talent (coaching and players) when we have to make up a $25 million deficit every single year. Don’t be surprised to see schools cozy up to HCKD in the future.

if the Big -12 will take us back, their deal gets closer. If the BIG takes us, all the better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...etwork-with-football-title-games-on-espn/amp/

Sadly, the inept handling of the pandemic response has left the PAC-12 on even weaker footing. We need to get out ASAP
The big 12 doesn’t make much more than the pac 12 and the sec is going to take another huge step with their new tv deal moving on from cbs so chasing money is sort of pointless because it’s not going to change.

Buffnik has been banging this gong for years now, but a Nationally relevant USC and either/or/both of Oregon and Washington is incredibly important for Pac 12 success.

USC is well off historical standards of success for an extended period. Oregon is a shadow of the juggernaut it was in the 00’s. Washington can’t seem to truly emerge.

High tide lifts all boats.

Firstly, LOL at schools looking to poach KD in the future. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but he went 13 years without sniffing a head coaching gig.

Secondly, I'm old enough to remember when Larry Scott was viewed as a genius on this site, as well as throughout the entire Pac 12.

All this whining about the Pac 12 is the exact equivalent of last week's game thread in the first quarter. It's a wonder some of you can make through a day with your cloistered view of the world.

Firstly, LOL at schools looking to poach KD in the future. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, but he went 13 years without sniffing a head coaching gig.

Secondly, I'm old enough to remember when Larry Scott was viewed as a genius on this site, as well as throughout the entire Pac 12.

All this whining about the Pac 12 is the exact equivalent of last week's game thread in the first quarter. It's a wonder some of you can make through a day with your cloistered view of the world.
No. All this whining about the Pac 12 is more like the 2018 Oregon State game thread. Sunshine and rainbows, b_walk, slight concern, and finally, utter devastation.

No. All this whining about the Pac 12 is more like the 2018 Oregon State game thread. Sunshine and rainbows, b_walk, slight concern, and finally, utter devastation.

Nah, this too shall pass. Larry's on his way out, bureaucracies just take a longer time to change course than the average fan can stomach. Either the Pac will fix things (which is relative, the fact is that it's going to get worse ratings than the SEC and B10) or it will implode by itself. I'd bet they fix things.

Back