What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

A thread that contains the words humor and rumor in its title just cries out to go into a ditch now and then.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-football-way-too-early-2023-all-america-team

AP: Travis Hunter, Colorado

Hunter was the nation's No. 1 recruit coming out of high school and could have gone anywhere, but he followed Deion Sanders to Jackson State a year ago. He's now following Sanders to Colorado with visions of being a rare two-way player in FBS football. Hunter has showed the skills to be a lockdown cornerback (just like his head coach) but is equally skilled when it comes to catching passes. Don't be surprised if he scores on offense and defense in 2023.

I'm not surprised. I didn't know the situation at a lot of HBCUs until paying closer attention very recently. While you do have some passionate alums who stay involved and give back at a higher level than the norm, the overall funding and support is tragic - especially when many are state universities. The head coach has to be willing to approach it as a labor of love like he's a community institution as the HC in a poor HS district, embracing everything from selling tickets to cutting grass. Reed was doing it, but it didn't seem he went in with his eyes wide open and severely ruffled feathers by publicly calling out the neglect.

I know a Methodist that uses cuss words.
When I was growing up my dad was friends with a Methodist minister that served as a deacon in our church, not sure why exactly but he was not our minister. My dad told me a story that he went to pick him up to take him to a cardinals game (about an hour drive from where we lived) with a few other friends and a cooler full of beer - but he did not tell the other friends about the beer. All the way to picking up the minister they were complaining to my dad about having to go to the game with him. As the minister gets in the car and sizes up everyone, he says, “which one of you ****ers is going to hand me a beer?” Apparently after that he was a regular part of the group that went to the game.

A comment on B. Howell's sports "chat" yesterday. Nice to see, as I worried Mac was not doing well:

"Buffalo Bob mentioned the McCartney era (yes, I'm that old too).... Just wanted to report that coach Mac sat behind us at the basketball game yesterday, and he looks great! He's still got that "IT" factor and couldn't have been more gracious! I was trying to explain to my wife what a big deal that was, which leads to my question... is Mac on the top of CU's Mt. Rushmore?"

A comment on B. Howell's sports "chat" yesterday. Nice to see, as I worried Mac was not doing well:

"Buffalo Bob mentioned the McCartney era (yes, I'm that old too).... Just wanted to report that coach Mac sat behind us at the basketball game yesterday, and he looks great! He's still got that "IT" factor and couldn't have been more gracious! I was trying to explain to my wife what a big deal that was, which leads to my question... is Mac on the top of CU's Mt. Rushmore?"

Yes!

For now...

The die hard buff fans have switched their betting focus from how many points this Colorado offense can score in a game to will this Alabama QB got selected first or not.

This right here, is the proof that Coach Prime is doing a great job right now.

The REAL bettors know that the significant action is whether the 2023 Buffs can exceed the combined output of the 2022 and 2021 teams. /out before manhattan lays odds to me.

I have a good Coen brothers story, but I'm afraid I've already posted it and I don't want @hokiehead calling me out again.

Don't let the terrorists win.

JFC from the Manhattan v Sheldon slap fight right into flounder being a douche. Worst thread ever

1674596606807.png

Don't let the terrorists win.

There used to be a great movie rental place in my neighborhood. It closed a long time ago. It was a smallish space, so they had the empty, flattened DVD sleeves in the public area for you to browse through. Once you found what you wanted, you went to the counter to ask the guy for the actual DVD. Some people insisted on bringing the DVD sleeve to the counter, which annoyed the owner because he couldn't trust them to put it back in the right place.

I was in there browsing when a guy brought the "Miller's Crossing" sleeve to the counter. The owner got grumpy and said, "you don't have to bring it up here, just ask for the title." The customer, a little annoyed, said, "well, is it any good, maybe I don't want to rent it." The owner pointed to the guy behind the customer in line and said, "you should ask him, he directed it."

There used to be a great movie rental place in my neighborhood. It closed a long time ago. It was a smallish space, so they had the empty, flattened DVD sleeves in the public area for you to browse through. Once you found what you wanted, you went to the counter to ask the guy for the actual DVD. Some people insisted on bringing the DVD sleeve to the counter, which annoyed the owner because he couldn't trust them to put it back in the right place.

I was in there browsing when a guy brought the "Miller's Crossing" sleeve to the counter. The owner got grumpy and said, "you don't have to bring it up here, just ask for the title." The customer, a little annoyed, said, "well, is it any good, maybe I don't want to rent it." The owner pointed to the guy behind the customer in line and said, "you should ask him, he directed it."
Thank you for your contribution to the war on pedantry. We're all richer for knowing this story.

was it Ethan or Joel?

Mt. Rushmore has more than one person.

The one married to the lady in most of their films.
Joel, who is married to Frances McDormand, who was a lead in Raising Arizona and Fargo, plus many other Coen brothers films.

Animated GIF

Back