What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

I don't think a boycott of those Alabama colleges is going to happen but rival coaches will take advantage.
Doesn't have to be a full boycott to make a difference. The talent level for the very top teams is close enough that if it ends up flipping a couple of 5 stars to a Georgia or an LSU it could change the outcome of a couple games which can completely change a season. Bama fans think a 9 win season is a failure.

Didn’t know where to put this but Scheel’s has Hunter and Shedeur jerseys priced at $63. Just came home with a white Hunter jersey, which is my first jersey since a black Crosby #16 like 15 years ago
I think it was Al Jolson, not Bing Crosby.

If you don't think the primary reason (despite his first sentence) Saban hung it up was because of unrestricted pay for play and portal, you're kidding yourself. Also, his first sentence is like when people say, "with all due respect" prior to saying something highly disrespectful or "with that said" prior to completely contradicting what they just stated.

If you don't think the primary reason (despite his first sentence) Saban hung it up was because of unrestricted pay for play and portal, you're kidding yourself. Also, his first sentence is like when people say, "with all due respect" prior to saying something highly disrespectful or "with that said" prior to completely contradicting what they just stated.

I read the Saban article, and it struck me that the following assertion was rather self serving and/or delusional:

“Our program here was always built on how much value can we create for your future and your personal development, academic success in graduating and developing an NFL career on the field.”

“Built on?” Come on. Sure, they regularly send more players to the NFL than anyone else, but that hardly the “basis” for their program. It was always about winning, and now that players have some serious rights and access to the massive pools of money, I’m sure it’s not the same “game” for him.

So, how many 4/5*s did you have riding the bench every year, knowing they wouldn’t play, while recruiting more and more? That was for the kids, right? Every kid grows into the NFL on the Alabama bench. No kid would be better off at another school getting playing time?

I read the Saban article, and it struck me that the following assertion was rather self serving and/or delusional:

“Our program here was always built on how much value can we create for your future and your personal development, academic success in graduating and developing an NFL career on the field.”

“Built on?” Come on. Sure, they regularly send more players to the NFL than anyone else, but that hardly the “basis” for their program. It was always about winning, and now that players have some serious rights and access to the massive pools of money, I’m sure it’s not the same “game” for him.

So, how many 4/5*s did you have riding the bench every year, knowing they wouldn’t play, while recruiting more and more? That was for the kids, right? Every kid grows into the NFL on the Alabama bench. No kid would be better off at another school getting playing time?
Right. He realized the advantage he had all those years was gone as Ole Miss and Missouri, to name a few, were able to acquire talent at the same or higher rate, but from guys who have proven it on the field.

I do believe that the principles, philosophies and operational activities were built on certain foundations which became obsolete. Saban is spinning things here by giving his best case of how he did things & how they worked out for the players he coached, but I absolutely agreed that things changed considerably and he didn't want to adapt to the new reality and so he got out.

29% for the B1G (1.6% per school assuming equal distribution) and
29% for SEC (1.8% per school assuming equal distribution)
16% for Big 12 (1% per school assuming equal distribution)
16% for ACC (1.1% per school assuming equal distribution)
10% for ND and everybody else (split evenly across every other FBS program??)

Feels like a move to get ND into a conference and then change the revenue percentages even more in favor of those two.

stoked to be in the B12 forever.
Honestly, unless CFB restructures into a NFLx2 model, I think we're parked in the Big 12.

No one other than Notre Dame actually adds revenue for any current B1G & SEC members. The only reason for them to expand at this point is if their network partners want to reshuffle assets into different business units.

Honestly, unless CFB restructures into a NFLx2 model, I think we're parked in the Big 12.

No one other than Notre Dame actually adds revenue for any current B1G & SEC members. The only reason for them to expand at this point is if their network partners want to reshuffle assets into different business units.
There will likely be another reshuffling as the legal landscape is clarified. Also, if the networks decide they want more games in more time zones. Being locked out of that forever is a strategic error of epic proportions.

Feels like a move to get ND into a conference and then change the revenue percentages even more in favor of those two.

Lookin like UEFA.

Yea, the article didn't give the breakdown of how that 10% gets split between ND and the G5 conferences

There will likely be another reshuffling as the legal landscape is clarified. Also, if the networks decide they want more games in more time zones. Being locked out of that forever is a strategic error of epic proportions.
Actually I was a little surprised that Andy Staples' "Super League" post earlier this week didn't make it onto Allbuffs anywhere I could find.

Spoiler: CU doesn't make the cut, and he also had this to say:

As for who made the cut and who didn’t, I sincerely apologize if your team isn’t listed. I can’t imagine major college football without N.C. State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Kansas State and Utah. So I found places for those teams. But in the real world one or two of those might get bumped for Arizona, Arizona State or both. I also went with public school politics winning the day in Texas and added Texas Tech to the SEC, but history tells us that Baylor and TCU (and SMU) have a lot of friends in the state house in Austin. Perhaps one of those might find their way in. Also, a more forward-looking TV exec might look at the enrollment and alumni profile of UCF and decide it belongs in the Super League based on potential fan base size.

I have a lot of criticisms, but JFC; KSU?!

1) CU DOMINATED KSU going back to the Big8 days.

2) CU has more historical success than KSU

3) Whatever stupid stadium they play in could be located anywhere in the country. They have no tradition.

Actually I was a little surprised that Andy Staples' "Super League" post earlier this week didn't make it onto Allbuffs anywhere I could find.

3) Whatever stupid stadium they play in could be located anywhere in the country. They have no tradition.
That's why the next few years are so important to get to back to respectable. Then the history matters. No one cares when you are a doormat for 20 years. Oh wait that doesn't matter anymore thank you rick

ACC and BIG 12 may head to court to sue B1G and SEC on collusion and anti-trust grounds. At least that is what I would imply to those conference commissioners if they don't acquiesce to equal revenue share per school.

Can’t envision major college football without Utah?? A program that’s been part of major college football for only the past 12 years.

GIbAgVHXQAAcVH5

Back