What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

How has Alford not moved up? Dude has been a RB coach almost exclusively for 30 years.
man was making 700k to recruit and coach running backs. maybe he doesnt want the additional headache of being a coordinator
Pretty funny. My dream job is High School Running Backs Coach

People: “Why?”

Me: “I don’t want to have anything to do with game planning, in game playmaking decisions, boosters. I just want to teach them how to run faster, block better, hit harder. Maybe pick the right guy for the right play.”

Actually I was a little surprised that Andy Staples' "Super League" post earlier this week didn't make it onto Allbuffs anywhere I could find.

Spoiler: CU doesn't make the cut, and he also had this to say:

I have a lot of criticisms, but JFC; KSU?!

1) CU DOMINATED KSU going back to the Big8 days.

2) CU has more historical success than KSU

3) Whatever stupid stadium they play in could be located anywhere in the country. They have no tradition.
I could see cU being left out but it won't be for KSU or the Utes.

The decision will be based on which teams generate the most revenue for the group as a whole. KSU doesn't generate TV ratings close to CU even before Prine got here, same with Utah. CU travels better indicating a larger fan distribution than those schools.

There are others on his list that it would be easy to point out as lower revenue generators.

Politics, tradition, geography, etc. are all important but when it comes down to it none of them or combination of them come close to the importance of money.

I could see cU being left out but it won't be for KSU or the Utes.

The decision will be based on which teams generate the most revenue for the group as a whole. KSU doesn't generate TV ratings close to CU even before Prine got here, same with Utah. CU travels better indicating a larger fan distribution than those schools.

There are others on his list that it would be easy to point out as lower revenue generators.

Politics, tradition, geography, etc. are all important but when it comes down to it none of them or combination of them come close to the importance of money.
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana
Vanderbilt
Texas Tech
Kansas State

No way Colorado is below all those and he has a sentence with “No way I imagine college football without blank-blank-blank…. CU is a top 10 marketable team, wake up national idiots

Apparently ESPN won’t be broadcasting CU’s spring game this year, not even on ESPN plus but will broadcast Baylor, Houston and West Virginia spring games? WTF?! We sold out the game last year and have the #1 QB coming back…I don’t get it.

29% for the B1G (1.6% per school assuming equal distribution) and
29% for SEC (1.8% per school assuming equal distribution)
16% for Big 12 (1% per school assuming equal distribution)
16% for ACC (1.1% per school assuming equal distribution)
10% for ND and everybody else (split evenly across every other FBS program??)

Feels like a move to get ND into a conference and then change the revenue percentages even more in favor of those two.

Honestly, unless CFB restructures into a NFLx2 model, I think we're parked in the Big 12.

No one other than Notre Dame actually adds revenue for any current B1G & SEC members. The only reason for them to expand at this point is if their network partners want to reshuffle assets into different business units.

Sorry to be late on this. At first, I hated the % breakdown, but then I think maybe it actually brings some stability. Agree with Nik, only really ND adds value to the SEC or B1G, unless their goal is just to simply destroy the other leagues. If they have the %, so no reason to poach for the sake of poaching. Personally, I think ND should give the middle-finger to the B1G and join the ACC with an added % point. Not sure that I like going to 14 games etc...

With this NCAA hoops tourney saga, one thing came to mind, which is parity. I think some of it is NIL and the transfer portal helping the other schools. Jimbo Fisher and the a&m debacle proves you just can't buy championships. Even proven and dynamic coaches have failed. I think it is a 50/50 proposition that DeBoar does not have the same outcome as Harsin, he may just be there longer. Same with Fisch to UW. Tough expectations. If we look at the last years of the CFP, we had TCU play for the title, Cinci play decent a few years back, and last season there were 6 teams that with legitimate shots at the CFP. IMO, UGA could have actually been the best of them and would be a rough 5-6 seed. I think it is still about a dynamic coach w/ staff, some star athletes peaking with older players/team all then peaking at the right time. You have a Johnny Manziel or RG3 hit and you are in the hunt.

Although this could go the way of Soccer, it could also go like baseball where teams/schools just can't buy championships. Too many factors out there. With more $$ they enhance their odds, but that does not always turn into championships? IMO, as long as we have the 4 main conferences (these are really strong football regions, sprinkling in some teams out West), anything can happen. When I listen to Saban's comments, the portal and NIL adds fuel to the fire. Great coaches are getting worn out.

Lastly, I think about the overall coaching moves this year. No matter how much you overpay for coaches you can get a Mel Tucker or Bobby Petrino. Your young flash in the pan can't miss (i.e. Scott Frost) can be a flash in the pan. The older coaches having some success may decide to stay, rather than bolt and have to build an entire new football infrastructure with facing sky-high expectations to win now. Then the players with the portal and NIL, they can and will always move for a myriad of reasons. This adds more fluidity.

For what it is worth. Go Buffs.

Last edited:
Nostalgic for me. All of the emotional levers work.

If it had come out when I was 35 I would have been all baaaahhh humbug. But it came out when I was a teenager. I love that ****.
Weird - we're like within 2 years in age and I think the movie is dumb as ****. OTOH, For Love of the Game really resonates with me and has for years.

It's also really sad to me how many of the folks in For Love of the Game are no longer with us - especially as, aside from Vin Scully, they weren't really all that old when they died. Vin had some really great lines in that movie.

Weird - we're like within 2 years in age and I think the movie is dumb as ****. OTOH, For Love of the Game really resonates with me and has for years.

It's also really sad to me how many of the folks in For Love of the Game are no longer with us - especially as, aside from Vin Scully, they weren't really all that old when they died. Vin had some really great lines in that movie.
I couldn't get through for the Love of the Game. I've seen a third of it. I have a friend who considers it the best baseball movie of all time but wishes that there was no romance in it.

But to be fair, I have no interest in baseball, but I think ghosts are interesting.

We all know that Tin Cup is the greatest Costner sports movie. Bull Durham is, obviously, also an acceptable answer.
Tin Cup is trash (despite being Rene Russo's hottest role in any movie not named Major League). I watched it in theater and won't ever watch it again. Bull Durham is iconic.

Back