What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Sure we've seen it happen this season but this season is also unlike any other with teams having to try to find an opponent with only a few days' notice on quite a few occasions. And this would be far more difficult when fans are able to attend because they need to make travel plans and arrangements, and games scheduled on short notice would undoubtedly hurt attendance. It's far easier to schedule on the fly or move games around when AD's don't have to worry about selling tickets.

I get the frustration seeing games scheduled 10+ years in advance but the reason that happens is because some teams' schedules are already full for the next 5-10 years.

The schedules are full that far out because that is how it is has always been done, not for any other reason.

This is a pretty big deal for us-I think we're now in a game with this news.
So far we have 5 bowl bids... NY6, Alamo, LA, Independence and Armed Forces. Not confident that the LA Bowl actually happens, so I would say a max of 4 slots for CU and there are really only 4 teams in the Pac 12 vying for a bowl game at this point anyway.

The schedules are full that far out because that is how it is has always been done, not for any other reason.
A lot of that scheduling is done with the idea of "locking up" opponents and a schedule for the future.

It is also amazing how much of it is done based on a combination of politics and ADs or Head Coaches returning favors to each other. CSU ended up with games against Alabama and Arkansas specifically because of those AD favors.

None of which is actually a valid reason when you are looking at a multi-billion dollar industry like college football.

Most of the time, it's a QB award unless a back or some other position has an off the charts year like Rashaan did.

So Pac 12 down to NY6, Alamo, Independence and Armed Forces Bowl, which is obviously just enough for CU, USC, Oregon and UW.

I saw something weird in today's paper... If Wash St. wins out and Wash loses, then Wash St. plays in PAC-12 CG?? CU will go ahead anyways...

He is still playing very well, just sucks the award is basically only a QB award now.
I've thought about this the last couple years and I think that they should make a big deal out of the ceremony for the Davey O'Brien award and then get the Heisman back to the best player award as it should be. The issue is that the voters are now conditioned to lean towards QB's. Not sure how to fix that but it would be nice for the Heisman to be truly representative of the best players in CFB.

I saw something weird in today's paper... If Wash St. wins out and Wash loses, then Wash St. plays in PAC-12 CG?? CU will go ahead anyways...
Now that they lost to USC, they are 1-2 and aren't in play for anything anymore. Stanford, OSU and UCLA are the only teams left that are/could be bowl eligible after this week, but assuredly won't get in due to only 4 bowl tie-ins now. CU, USC, UW and Oregon are the four that will get in unless they cancel more.

I'm predicting CU in the Armed Forces bowl vs SEC

Back