What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College football rivalries are fun

I read that the stuff he used is very strong. Can stay in the soil for many hears and spreads. Other trees in the area are in danger also.

yeppers Matt you are correct. Spike 80DF. This place is now a hazard and a toxic waste site. All the soil for any where close 400-800 yards is going to need removed to the depth of the deepest roots of the tree. If there has been any rain of significant amounts the runoff from the rain creates a hazard downstream from the runoff.

Know someone who used it to kill a bunch of willow trees that had started to grow along a waterway in a pasture. He said, he used it according to the instructions on the label, proper dilution and stuff. 2 pecan trees over a 1/4 mile away downstream along the waterway died within 2 years of him applying it to the willows. He said he would never use it again, period.

I dunno, trees don't like beetles. Maybe it was a boll weevil sympathizer who is just masquarading as a Tide fan who poisoned the trees. The trees are going to exact their revenge on the boll weevil. That's my prediction.
OR .... it could just be those dastardly BYU fans, disguised as Yoot fans, disguised as Bama fans. There are no limits to the depths BYU fans will stoop to embarrass the Yoots. :devil:

LMAO

One of my employees who is a big Bammer fan just asked me for some CU gear websites because he is so embarrassed he wants to change teams...lol

LMAO

One of my employees who is a big Bammer fan just asked me for some CU gear websites because he is so embarrassed he wants to change teams...lol

:lol:

This reminds me of the guy on Death Row in Arizona who, for his last words on this planet uttered "Boomer Sooner". I'm sure that sent shivers of pride throughout the state of Oklahoma.

College football makes otherwise sane people do incredibly idotic things. I wouldn't paint the entire Bama fanbase with the same brush as this guy. He's got a screw loose.

One of my best friends is an Auburn guy and he has always been adamant that the folks that actually attended Alabama are good people, the people that latched onto Alabama are the nubs....

Someone who's 62 and still pulls this sh*& makes it even more pathetic, Hopes he gets the full 10 years

You can replant trees and pump em full of roids to get them growing faster but it'll be a long time before you have anything close to those oaks
I'm with you on that, and he's been carrying that kind of stupid hatred around with him all his life. What a miserable old man! Roll Tide

**** trees.

images

One of my best friends is an Auburn guy and he has always been adamant that the folks that actually attended Alabama are good people, the people that latched onto Alabama are the nubs....

The same can be said for just about any college football fanbase. The nuttiest, biggest a-hole fans are typically the ones that did not even attend said institution.

The same can be said for just about any college football fanbase. The nuttiest, biggest a-hole fans are typically the ones that did not even attend said institution.

This was a common belief until TG started posting.

I have to say in all the years I've hated the very earth that the state of Nebraska occupies, it never crossed my mind to do something like this. Of course, there aren't any trees in Nebraska to poison, so that would not have been an option in the first place, but you get the idea.

I have told you guys before you just don't take your football serious enough.

I would respond by saying there's a difference between taking your football seriously and engaging in felonious activity. There comes a point where a line is crossed. That line has been crossed in this case.

I would respond by saying there's a difference between taking your football seriously and engaging in felonious activity. There comes a point where a line is crossed. That line has been crossed in this case.

What the Nub fans did after Sal died still makes me angry to this day.

The Nutbags Strike Back: Up****’s Family Gets Death Threats
February 18th, 2011 08:54 AM ║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink ║ Tags: Alabama, AuburnShock of shocks, the quacky act of Harvey Up**** — “Al from Dadeville” on “The Paul Finebaum Show” — has flushed out a few more crazies. The family of the man who poisoned Auburn’s oak trees now claims to be receiving death threats from Tiger fans. And I don’t doubt it for a second.
“We have children and grandchildren getting death threats from Auburn fans,” a man claiming to be Up****’s son told The Mobile Press-Register. “We’re having to pull teenagers, 13- and 14-year-old kids, out of school because people are threatening them.”
Who didn’t see this coming? In fact, we said yesterday morning that this type of nonsense — from the other side of the rivalry — was to be expected. Heck, everyone knew this was coming.
Finebaum told ESPN.com’s Mark Schlabach that he expects the UA-AU rivalry to become even more heated following Up****’s attack on Toomer’s Corner. “I almost hate to say what I should say — that perhaps I’m surprised we haven’t seen anything worse. I think it will get worse. I really do.”
Hey, nutjobs, here’s how you lose sympathy in a situation like this: You make death threats against innocent people. Those oak trees were a symbol of Auburn University and AU fans have every right to be sad, mad and disgusted. But they were trees. Threatening to kill people is not a proportional response. The best response, of course, would be to do nothing except buck up, move forward and show clowns like Up**** that they can’t get under your skin.
As for Up****, he has a daughter named Crimson and a son named Bear. His son — not sure if it was “Bear” or not – said that his father has a pacemaker and suffers from kidney failure, high blood pressure and diabetes, and is on 21 different medications. He also said his 62-year-old father is being treated like “a rapist or a murderer… he hasn’t been convicted yet.”
He hasn’t been convicted, but he did call a nationally syndicated radio show to say that he killed the trees. And that he didn’t care if the act was illegal. Good look to his court-appointed attorney beating that one.
In addition, WAAY-TV in Huntsville, Alabama reports that Up**** has been arrested twice before — in 1996 (criminal mischief) and in 2004 (theft).
UPDATE — Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News writes that “clean, old fashioned hate in this state has started to give way to a more dangerous level of contempt.” The writer concludes: “Sadly, those trees may be beyond saving. Let’s hope the rivalry itself isn’t too far gone.”
http://mrsec.com/

this guy killed a couple of trees, but it is not like he said something about someone's mom, right Frank Martin.

Charlie you sound like somebody that should seek psychiatric help. It's only a game, is it really worth making a jack***** out of yourself?

Last edited:
where's the sarcasm font when you need it?
No sarcasm intended. If you think it's OK to damage property, insult a player whose mother just died by making rude remarks about her, threatening somebody's life over a game - you have got alot bigger problems between your ears.

No sarcasm intended. If you think it's OK to damage property, insult a player whose mother just died by making rude remarks about her, threatening somebody's life over a game - you have got alot bigger problems between your ears.

I still don't know what the kid said, did you hear anything?

I still don't know what the kid said, did you hear anything?
I know you where kidding in your Frank Martin post. The fact that he's just a kid explains alot. Later on in his life he will probably be ashamed of what he did. I don't know what he said, only that security got in on it. There's a big difference in a 19 year old doing something stupid and a 62 year old man.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;PHGSQHOKNYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGSQHOKNYs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Back