What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football Stadium Tour

Here is the 2010 attendance of the Pac-10 + CU and Utah:

Southern Cal: 79,907
Washington: 66,264
UCLA: 60,376
Oregon: 59,398
California: 57,873
Arizona: 55,408
Arizona St: 47,943
Colorado: 46,864
Oregon St: 45,509
Utah: 45,459
Stanford: 40,042
Washington State: 24,532

CU's attendance in '09 was 50,088. Stanford averaged 41,436 in '09 - strange that their attendance would drop 1500 during their best season in a decade+

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/d47a560045aad7aab88ffc9080650d5b/2010_Attendance.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=d47a560045aad7aab88ffc9080650d5b

I was at that game. It looks like you were in the second deck. Good for you. It was a freaking war zone on the lower level. Fights breaking out all over the place. It was miserable.

And BTW - the 2007 game in Tempe was hotter, and it kicked off at 8:00 PM.

We had tshirt fans serenading us with "I bet. you wish. you didnt wear your black shirt today!" WTF is that?

Eastern Washington:

Roos-Field.jpg

eastern-washington-field.jpg

That Miami crowd was as turdly as I had heard they would be and then some. Compounded by the sheer embarrassment of the small size of the crowd every a-hole felt the need to be a triple hole. Dad knew what he was talking about when he advised me to pass on them. Of course, dad's an FSU grad.

Yes, and I'm pretty sure the wooden stands I sat on were the originals from 1923. Great location for a stadium, i'll be interested to see what the new product looks like. Bringing it down from 75k to 63k - correct?

Great location besides the fact that it's been on a fault line. ha ha. That has disaster written all over it.

Aloha Stadium
University of Hawaii
Field Turf
50,000 Capacity

Keepin' it relevant.

a6cd0826-3faf-b668.jpg

a6cd0826-3fc6-98b3.jpg

a6cd0826-3fdb-fca9.jpg

a6cd0826-3fef-ad4f.jpg

Underrated loud. The stadium seats 50k and sits in a bowl. The stadium itself was actually built for football and baseball, and sits on metal tracks when the stadium conforms shapes. Think transformers on the college football level. When it's a tight game and the fans start jumping on the lower levels, the stadiums starts to move and bounces up and down off the tracks which creates a resonating noise which is hard to match.

Great location besides the fact that it's been on a fault line. ha ha. That has disaster written all over it.

This is true. Wouldn't be surprised if the renovations include some sort of 'seismic-proof' contraption. Doesn't like all new construction have to have that in the Bay Area these days? I'll be curious to get back there and check out the new-look stadium, loved the campus.

tcf-bank-stadium-minneapolis-minnesota.pnguniversity-of-minnesota-football-tcf-bank-stadium-on-opening-day-minn-f-x-00005lg.jpg

Minnesota: TCF Bank Stadium (50,805). Opened in 2009. Buffs will be playing here about 10 years down the road.

"Purdue sucks" -Wally

Purdue does suck. However, if you look at the bottom photo, at the far left you can see a dorm with a few lights on. In 1988, that dorm was home to an exceptionally sexually frustrated 18-year-old Walrus. Neil Armstrong lived there once too.

Last edited by a moderator:
So 1988 was home of Neil Wriststrong?

YATZEE!!!!!

Nice.

For the record, Neil Armstrong and I will be sharing a dorm soon, in real-time, but I can't reveal when and where. Also, I'm still sexually frustrated, if that was ever in question.

Nice.

For the record, Neil Armstrong and I will be sharing a dorm soon, in real-time, but I can't reveal when and where. Also, I'm still sexually frustrated, if that was ever in question.
Sounds like that problem will solve it self with the proximity to an Asstronaut.

That was HORRIBLE! That was our full band away trip my junior year and one of the worst football experiences of my life. I barely even remember the game. It was 108 degrees at kickoff down on field level and we were wearing wool/polyester pants and jackets. Then we got crammed into a small, crappy corner of the stadium against concrete walls on 2 sides and a railing on another. My gf got heat stroke and was throwing up and the game itself was horrible. I don't actually remember any particulars except that me made a lot of stupid mistakes. Also, their fans were really rude. You can tell how classy a fanbase really is by how they treat a visiting marching band. A few band members actually almost got into fights with them on the way out. Suck the Fun Devils!

Random Pictures + Ralphie 095.jpg

That was HORRIBLE! That was our full band away trip my junior year and one of the worst football experiences of my life. I barely even remember the game. It was 108 degrees at kickoff down on field level and we were wearing wool/polyester pants and jackets. Then we got crammed into a small, crappy corner of the stadium against concrete walls on 2 sides and a railing on another. My gf got heat stroke and was throwing up and the game itself was horrible. I don't actually remember any particulars except that me made a lot of stupid mistakes. Also, their fans were really rude. You can tell how classy a fanbase really is by how they treat a visiting marching band. A few band members actually almost got into fights with them on the way out. Suck the Fun Devil!

View attachment 7102

I see what you did there, but it sounds like a compliment. I think I'm going to get that tattoo'd just below my belly button.

DKR (Texas) future expansion: 120,000+

futureDKR_lg.jpg

There's no Godzillatron big screen in the UTDKRMS (mfsob) expansion model. They must plan on taking it back to Rent-Center or installing it in one of Mack Brown's extra bathrooms.

I was at that game. It looks like you were in the second deck. Good for you. It was a freaking war zone on the lower level. Fights breaking out all over the place. It was miserable.

Wow, glad we avoided that. We were up in our own little peaceful away section in the corner, so I was completely unaware of any fights. There was plenty of room so we stretched out at the very top (nice breeze up there). Interesting how different an experience you can have depending on where you sit.

ASU game sounds like hell. At least you could work on the tan in Miami.

The ASU game sounds miserable

There's no Godzillatron big screen in the UTDKRMS (mfsob) expansion model. They must plan on taking it back to Rent-Center or installing it in one of Mack Brown's extra bathrooms.

You can't see the personal TV screens in the headrests on the model?

Back