What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football Stadium Tour

Do Texas and Aggie truly have plans to expand their stadiums right now?

Sort of. Rumor has it Texas was set to start contracting the final section of the renovation if they won the national championship game vs. Alabama. After Colt got hurt on the 3rd play, they've decided to push it back a few years. All that is left is to close off the south end zone - the rest is already complete (see the pictures below). They will probably start contracting this sometime within the next 7-8 years, pushing the capacity over 120,000.

The A&M president has recently (in the last few weeks) asked the Alumni to come up with over 50 million fast for their stadium expansion. They basically want to put up another "zone" thing like the first one in their open end zone, pushing them over 100k. Filling in the gaps would get them around 115k.

Current (real picture):

image_8570633.jpg

Future (model of course):

futureDKR_lg.jpg

Sort of. Rumor has it Texas was set to start contracting the final section of the renovation if they won the national championship game vs. Alabama. After Colt got hurt on the 3rd play, they've decided to push it back a few years. All that is left is to close off the south end zone - the rest is already complete (see the pictures below). They will probably start contracting this sometime within the next 7-8 years, pushing the capacity over 120,000.

I see the North endzone project cost almost $180m ... are the South endzone expansion numbers in the same ballpark? Really sounds like a ton of money for merely upgrading an endzone.

I see the North endzone project cost almost $180m ... are the South endzone expansion numbers in the same ballpark? Really sounds like a ton of money for merely upgrading an endzone.

I dont' know, on the north side they had to demolish the old north endzone, then build up everything new. There's not as much stuff already on the south side so Demo costs should be less.

Also, they built the thing like a 5-star hotel. There are multiple levels of luxury suites that now run around the entire stadium between the upper and lower decks.

Here's what it was like a few years ago, with the old endzone in the foreground, and no godzillatron (also there are about 6 new skyscrapers in the background now: The F1 track will be about 10 miles away in the top left side of the picture.

ut%20darrell%20k%20royal%20texas%20memorial%20stadium%20-%20details%20image.jpg

Figuring an average of $50 per seat, per game, that comes to $36MM/Year in ticket sales alone. That's before any concessions, donations, parking, television revenue, sponsorships, etc. They just might have the juice to go independent after all.

sick.

No pic here, but was reminded of watching a bit of Jeopardy yesterday - college kid day. A chic from Boston U, one from FSU, and a guy (don't remember) answered lots of lit and history type stuff, but were given an answer including the words "cougar" and "Pullman" and couldn't name Wazzu... :lol:

Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown West Virginia. Capacity 60,000
mp1_Milan_Puskar_Stadium-s650x438-59614.jpg

Puskar-Stadium.jpg

Apparently the tailgating *surprise, surprise* is literally non-existent there.

We were there for the CU vs. WVU game in 2009. Tailgating was SIIICCK. Those guys did it right. It was a late afternoon or night game IIRC, but we had 2 RVs in the lot at 10:30 am. I was housed before we even saw the team busses go by. It was probably a good thing that the hospital is like 200 yards from the front of the stadium. The bar scene in Morgantown was also pretty cool.

The stadium itself really kind of sucked though. Terrible atmosphere. They put all the students up in the upper section. You can kind of see that in the second picture. It wasn't a very loud stadium at all. Weather was nice.....I don't want to talk about the game itself....

Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown West Virginia. Capacity 60,000
mp1_Milan_Puskar_Stadium-s650x438-59614.jpg

Puskar-Stadium.jpg

We were there for the CU vs. WVU game in 2009. Tailgating was SIIICCK. Those guys did it right. It was a late afternoon or night game IIRC, but we had 2 RVs in the lot at 10:30 am. I was housed before we even saw the team busses go by. It was probably a good thing that the hospital is like 200 yards from the front of the stadium. The bar scene in Morgantown was also pretty cool.

The stadium itself really kind of sucked though. Terrible atmosphere. They put all the students up in the upper section. You can kind of see that in the second picture. It wasn't a very loud stadium at all. Weather was nice.....I don't want to talk about the game itself....

Must have mis-read me, I had made the tailgating remark under BYU's LaVell Edwards stadium!

I'm with you on WVU. Great fans - I witnessed them at a bowl game in Charlotte a few years back and they showed up force and helped create a great atmosphere. They also had a solid showing in Boulder for the game at CU in '08, but then again, what fanbase doesn't travel well to Boulder..

No, I knew you were talking about BYU, I was just trying to bring in the opposite experience, and I thought WVU fit the bill. I loved the tailgating, hated the stadium.

The fans were awesome in Morgantown, we chatted it up with them, and they were all excited that we came out for the game. They actually seemed genuine about it too, unlike some fans....

No, I knew you were talking about BYU, I was just trying to bring in the opposite experience, and I thought WVU fit the bill. I loved the tailgating, hated the stadium.

The fans were awesome in Morgantown, we chatted it up with them, and they were all excited that we came out for the game. They actually seemed genuine about it too, unlike some fans....

I'd like to see them on the schedule again sometime, that was a great home/home. Just too bad we couldn't have been more competitive in Morgantown, although the final score wasn't too ugly. They're supposed to have a really good team this year, by Big East standards anyway. LSU visits Morgantown on 9/24 - that'll be one to keep an eye on

Some of these stadiums look like they are way bigger than they are. Honolulu's looks huge! maybe the camera adds 10 lbs, or they shove a bunch of rolled up socks between the seats.

:cry::cry::cry:

Just as the wound had begun to heal...were we really down 30-3 at one point.

I made the decision at the last minute NOT to go.... I figured... If I travelled all the way to Toledo and we did not win, I would be too pissed to drive home.... I was too pissed to drive 2 miles to work on Monday....

Doesn't anyone have a pic of Colorado playing University of North Texas scoreboard????:lol:

I made the decision at the last minute NOT to go.... I figured... If I travelled all the way to Toledo and we did not win, I would be too pissed to drive home.... I was too pissed to drive 2 miles to work on Monday....

Making the journey to Columbus in 7 weeks? I'm thinking about it, only a 7 hour drive, although I hear the Bucknut fans can be pretty brutal but I've been in hostile territory before..

Making the journey to Columbus in 7 weeks? I'm thinking about it, only a 7 hour drive, although I hear the Bucknut fans can be pretty brutal but I've been in hostile territory before..

I have 2 tixs... I am supposed to meet a few people.... here are my issues:

My 4 year old son has his very first soccer game on Sunday September 25.... and I am supposed to be the "coach" of that team so I want to be at the game.... If I can leve last flight out on Sat or first flight out on Sunday, I am going.... its all up in the air until they announce the game time...

also... my wife (since we are having a third in Jan) said I could only go to one game so I may scrap the OSU game and go to Boulder for the Arizona game...

Back