What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Gameday Nov 19th?

If it happens, I expect someone to get a nice Allbuffs sign on there. If you do it, then you will be with a yet to be determined reward

If it happens, I expect someone to get a nice Allbuffs sign on there. If you do it, then you will be with a yet to be determined reward

Done. If it happens make a thread to vote on what the sign should say and I'll make it.

If there is a 2 loss championship team there is no way they should go to the playoff over any one loss team from a power conference no matter the record. It's funny they are all pushing this now but last year when Stanford was clearly a better team than Michigan state it was crickets.

I really don't understand. You can have 2 or 3 losses but have a strength of record that's better than a 1-loss team. Stack being a conference champ onto that when the 1-loss team isn't and I really don't think that the 1-loss team has a leg to stand on in the argument.

I really don't understand. You can have 2 or 3 losses but have a strength of record that's better than a 1-loss team. Stack being a conference champ onto that when the 1-loss team isn't and I really don't think that the 1-loss team has a leg to stand on in the argument.
A two loss, SEC champ, auburn team does not deserve to go to the playoff over a one loss Ohio state or Michigan (champ or not), a one loss Clemson or Louisville team, or a one loss Washington team. If you lose games you can't go no matter how impressive those other wins are. It's as dumb as saying A&M should have been ranked higher than Washington despite having a loss. If the committee wanted to change their thinking on that then last year they had the opportunity to do so.

Best example would be if we win out and beat a previously undefeated UW in the P12CG. We would have 2 losses and they would have 1. Except when you compare OOC schedules, you would see that had we played their OOC schedule (Rutgers/Idaho/Portland St all at home vs @Michigan/CSU(neutral site)/Idaho St) we would only have had 1 loss too. And we would have the same record in total conference games, have won head to head and be conference champs. It seems like a no-brainer if it plays out that way.

If there is a 2 loss championship team there is no way they should go to the playoff over any one loss team from a power conference no matter the record. It's funny they are all pushing this now but last year when Stanford was clearly a better team than Michigan state it was crickets.
Or, maybe the committee realized their mistake from last year?

so the ACC, SEC and B1G each have divisions that are "entirely crappy" but the Pac has good teams in both divisions. got it, thanks.

That's what I said.

Sorry, but it's true. On the other hand, I wouldn't put either Pac-12 division up against the better divisions of those conferences. The Pac is just more balanced, not better.

Or, maybe the committee realized their mistake from last year?

Who knows what the committee thinks - this is all blowhard hot takes from talking heads.

The only thing that bothers me is that they consistently move the goalposts in their arguments. They would argue that a one-loss, non-champion Alabama team deserves to be in because of the "eye test", regardless of not winning their conference, but in the same breath argue that Auburn deserves to be in because they would be SEC champs.

With any luck, Auburn loses in the Iron Bowl and no one cares anymore.

What the **** is this??? ****ing ESPN (Gameday).
No ****! They talked nice about the Buffs, but their conference standing chart was completely ****ed up and with every team at 3 to 4 conference games and Utah leading in the South. What the hell?

No ****! They talked nice about the Buffs, but their conference standing chart was completely ****ed up and with every team at 3 to 4 conference games and Utah leading in the South. What the hell?
I tried posting the picture I took of it but we can't upload jpg?? Either way, they just exclude a Utah p12 loss? It shouldn't bother me as much as it does but It's just so irresponsible and lazy.

I honestly think they just took a standings chart from a few weeks ago and put it up there.

I tried posting the picture I took of it but we can't upload jpg?? Either way, they just exclude a Utah p12 loss? It shouldn't bother me as much as it does but It's just so irresponsible and lazy.

I honestly think they just took a standings chart from a few weeks ago and put it up there.
****ing Brady Quinn.

Not only do they **** up records, they also can't grasp alphabetical order. Sec is hurting them in more ways than I thought.

Who knows what the committee thinks - this is all blowhard hot takes from talking heads.

The only thing that bothers me is that they consistently move the goalposts in their arguments. They would argue that a one-loss, non-champion Alabama team deserves to be in because of the "eye test", regardless of not winning their conference, but in the same breath argue that Auburn deserves to be in because they would be SEC champs.

With any luck, Auburn loses in the Iron Bowl and no one cares anymore.

Or to a five win Georgia team. the SEC is garbage.

I just realized that, should we win out, Wazzu will be no help to our slim chances of a CFP berth.

WSU will probably be ranked 20 or so on Tuesday. If we were to beat them, they might stay in the top 25 or might not. But, the next week, if they lose to UDub, then they'll finish the regular season unranked.

Now, if they won the Apple Cup, they certainly would be back in the rankings, but, assuming we were there too, the Pac 12 CCG would be the second matchup in 3 weeks. Plus, another CU win might knock them out again.

I think our hopes of "Running The Gauntlet" boosting our perception to the committee takes a hit when it comes to Wazzu.

While it's fun to speculate on actually making the CFP ... I for one just want to concentrate on beating Wazzu, then the Utes, and then Wazzu/UDub in the CCG. And then let the chips fall where they may.

And then, if we don't get into the CFP ... go to the Rose Bowl and kick UM/tOSU/Wiscy's ass.

Back