What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College teams with most talent for 2014 NFL Draft

If I believed that CU is uniquely cursed, I wouldn't bother with this.

So that argument is going to fall on deaf ears.

CU has some significant advantages and also some challenges (mostly of its own making).

I firmly believe, with real world proof to back it up, that when CU has a good coaching staff and its facilities are on par with the competitive mean, that CU delivers a Top 25 football program with recruiting in the Top 25.

When we have one or the other (coaching or university support), CU is a middling program as we saw at the end of the Barnett era.

When we have great coaching along with a president that emphasizes football and invests in football facilities, CU is a Top 10 program.

When we have lousy coaching along with a president who doesn't care about sports and allows football facilities to deteriorate, CU is a Bottom 10 program.

I don't think this is all that complicated.

Phil DiStephano, with 38 years at Boulder, shows symptoms of Chief Niwot's curse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Boulder_Valley

Back